UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2015, 12:41 PM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(28-09-2015 12:39 PM)Free Wrote:  Really? Please show me the consensus.

Show me the consensus on wizards.

Or, hell, show me even three actual scientists who seriously argue that alien visitation is a practical possibility.

(28-09-2015 12:39 PM)Free Wrote:  
Quote:Once again, "alien life exists" and "aliens have been to Earth" are not equivalent, no matter how much you wish they were.

Alien visitation to earth is entirely possible if intelligent alien life exists.

This does not follow.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2015, 12:46 PM
(28-09-2015 12:39 PM)Free Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 12:33 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Um..... science hasn't determined that non human inteligent life is a certainty, though......

Jus' sayin'......

Not a certainty, no. But a "virtual" certainty, yes.

Um.... only if you're meaning like a 'Tron' virtual reality......

That there may be some life 'Elsewhere' is in no way a caveate that said 'Elsewhere' life is coming here.

Will continue to chat about space flight later when not at work. Tongue
28-09-2015, 12:51 PM
(28-09-2015 12:46 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  That there may be some life 'Elsewhere' is in no way a caveate that said 'Elsewhere' life is coming here.

This has been pointed out to him many, many times.

He still doesn't seem to get it.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
28-09-2015, 01:23 PM
(28-09-2015 12:46 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 12:39 PM)Free Wrote:  Not a certainty, no. But a "virtual" certainty, yes.

Um.... only if you're meaning like a 'Tron' virtual reality......

That there may be some life 'Elsewhere' is in no way a caveate that said 'Elsewhere' life is coming here.

Will continue to chat about space flight later when not at work. Tongue

Virtual certainty can be understood as being 99% sure,

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
28-09-2015, 01:30 PM
(28-09-2015 12:51 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 12:46 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  That there may be some life 'Elsewhere' is in no way a caveate that said 'Elsewhere' life is coming here.

This has been pointed out to him many, many times.

He still doesn't seem to get it.

You don't seem to understand that I do "get it," but I completely reject it as not being possible, which you seem to so irrationally insist.

Since science concludes that it is a near certainty that intelligent alien life exists in this universe, then it is entirely possible that same intelligent alien life may have evolved technologically to be capable of interstellar travel.

Mankind just found water on another planet, and here we are arguing about whether or not other intelligent species could find earth? Since we can travel to other planets with our level of technology, it is entirely reasonable and rational to conclude as possible that an even more intelligent species has greater technology than we do, and can travel between star systems.

And all the historical photos and other available evidence regarding UFOs demonstrates that very possibility.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
28-09-2015, 01:38 PM
Okay then, sweet! Thumbsup FREE.

Now stop being lazy and start thinking/expanding on the how that they get HERE.

Do the hard yards of getting to grips with traversing the distance.
28-09-2015, 02:01 PM
(28-09-2015 01:30 PM)Free Wrote:  You don't seem to understand that I do "get it," but I completely reject it as not being possible, which you seem to so irrationally insist.

No. I merely point out that "possibility", as you frame it, is absolutely worthless to discuss.

In the same way that you assert it is possible that aliens have been visiting Earth, it is possible that leprechauns are responsible for UFO sightings, and it is possible that giant worms made of rock live in the planet's core, and it is possible that a group of hippies constructed a rocket van and escaped the Milky Way in 1963 to participate in an eternal zero-G orgy on Gallifrey.

I also point out that your "evidence" is not evidence and does nothing to establish an actual, practical possibility.

(28-09-2015 01:30 PM)Free Wrote:  Since science concludes that it is a near certainty that intelligent alien life exists in this universe, then it is entirely possible that same intelligent alien life may have evolved technologically to be capable of interstellar travel.

Since science concludes that it is a near certainty that alien life exists in this universe, then it is entirely possible that same intelligent alien life may have discovered a working magical system and have weaved mighty illusions over the skies of Earth for no purpose other than to annoy amateur photographers.

[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post
28-09-2015, 02:19 PM
(28-09-2015 01:38 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Okay then, sweet! Thumbsup FREE.

Now stop being lazy and start thinking/expanding on the how that they get HERE.

Do the hard yards of getting to grips with traversing the distance.

We humans do not have that knowledge, but that does not in any way mean that another intelligent species may indeed have that knowledge.

People here constantly make the mistake of equivocating between human intelligence and non human intelligence.

We cannot make a judgement on the intelligence or technology of another intelligent species that is not from earth. We simply do not know.

28-09-2015, 02:24 PM
(28-09-2015 02:19 PM)Free Wrote:  We humans do not have that knowledge, but that does not in any way mean that another intelligent species may indeed have that knowledge.

People here constantly make the mistake of equivocating between human intelligence and non human intelligence.

We cannot make a judgement on the intelligence or technology of another intelligent species that is not from earth. We simply do not know.

We cannot make a judgment on the intelligence or magical ability of another intelligent species that is not from Earth. We simply do not know.

28-09-2015, 02:25 PM
(28-09-2015 02:01 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 01:30 PM)Free Wrote:  You don't seem to understand that I do "get it," but I completely reject it as not being possible, which you seem to so irrationally insist.

No. I merely point out that "possibility", as you frame it, is absolutely worthless to discuss.

No, it is not. You do not hold all the authority to determine what is worthy or worthless. Your opinion is irrelevant.

Quote:In the same way that you assert it is possible that aliens have been visiting Earth, it is possible that leprechauns are responsible for UFO sightings, and it is possible that giant worms made of rock live in the planet's core, and it is possible that a group of hippies constructed a rocket van and escaped the Milky Way in 1963 to participate in an eternal zero-G orgy on Gallifrey.

Show me one scientist who agrees with you here. Just one.

Your analogies are the substance of an intellectually deprived idiot, foaming at the mouth, while begging for coins on a street corner.

I laugh at how ridiculous they are, as well as how false they are. It's a pity you do not know how to make a fair comparison, but then again ... logic and reasoning are certainly not your strong point.

So we "understand you." It's okay.

*pats you on the head.*