UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2015, 02:42 PM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(28-09-2015 02:25 PM)Free Wrote:  
Quote:In the same way that you assert it is possible that aliens have been visiting Earth, it is possible that leprechauns are responsible for UFO sightings, and it is possible that giant worms made of rock live in the planet's core, and it is possible that a group of hippies constructed a rocket van and escaped the Milky Way in 1963 to participate in an eternal zero-G orgy on Gallifrey.

Show me one scientist who agrees with you here. Just one.

And that is precisely my point.

No scientist agrees with that. No rational human being agrees with that. And that is exactly what you are positing when you say that it is "possible" for aliens to have visited Earth.

But then, you could quite easily prove me wrong.

Show us the science that shows how alien visitation is practically possible.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2015, 02:47 PM
If Free's 'witnesses' and their testimony passes muster, then Joseph Smith really did have those Golden Plates (written in reformed Egyptian no less) before they were spirited of by an angel into heaven.

We know he did, because we have sworn testimony from a dozen witnesses that all claim to have seen the plates.

Like, for realsies...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
28-09-2015, 03:00 PM
(28-09-2015 02:19 PM)Free Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 01:38 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Okay then, sweet! Thumbsup FREE.

Now stop being lazy and start thinking/expanding on the how that they get HERE.

Do the hard yards of getting to grips with traversing the distance.

We humans do not have that knowledge, but that does not in any way mean that another intelligent species may indeed have that knowledge.

People here constantly make the mistake of equivocating between human intelligence and non human intelligence.

We cannot make a judgement on the intelligence or technology of another intelligent species that is not from earth. We simply do not know.

Seriously FREE, you've got to stop being lazy and start thinking about the 'How' as well as the 'Here'.

I've posted some links as to possible 'How', that you just want to hand wave away such things..... ?

That you've acknowledged that physics works for 'Them' there the same as it works for us 'Here' and yet you seem to just want to hand wave away the problems of traversing there to here?

Again, just you being simply lazy.

Darn posts getting eaten.
28-09-2015, 03:00 PM
(28-09-2015 02:42 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 02:25 PM)Free Wrote:  Show me one scientist who agrees with you here. Just one.

And that is precisely my point.

No scientist agrees with that. No rational human being agrees with that. And that is exactly what you are positing when you say that it is "possible" for aliens to have visited Earth.

But then, you could quite easily prove me wrong.

Show us the science that shows how alien visitation is practically possible.

Really?

"Governments should prepare for the worst if aliens visit Earth because beings from outer space are likely to be just like humans, a leading scientist is claiming.

Extra-terrestrials might not only ­resemble us but have our foibles, such as greed, violence and a tendency to exploit others' resources, says Simon ­Conway Morris, professor of evolutionary ­paleobiology at Cambridge University."

- Simon ­Conway Morris, professor of evolutionary ­paleobiology at Cambridge University.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2010/...rth-humans

And really?

A Book From NASA explores the very possibility that Aliens may have visited earh, and have been here for a very very long time.

https://web.archive.org/web/201405211344...TAGGED.pdf

Oh really really?

Neil DeGrasse Tyson thinks aliens found humans, creatures on Earth uninteresting"

"My great fear is that we've in fact been visited by intelligent aliens, but they chose not to make contact, on the conclusion that there's no sign of intelligent life on Earth,"

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/7887/2...-earth.htm

Everything above demonstrates that scientists are entertaining the possibility that aliens have already visited earth, and we can find this information all over the place.

Dude, you are so out of the loop on this subject you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

You are like someone living back in the 1950s lol

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
28-09-2015, 03:07 PM
(28-09-2015 03:00 PM)Free Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 02:42 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Show us the science that shows how alien visitation is practically possible.

Really?

"Governments should prepare for the worst if aliens visit Earth because beings from outer space are likely to be just like humans, a leading scientist is claiming.

Extra-terrestrials might not only ­resemble us but have our foibles, such as greed, violence and a tendency to exploit others' resources, says Simon ­Conway Morris, professor of evolutionary ­paleobiology at Cambridge University."

- Simon ­Conway Morris, professor of evolutionary ­paleobiology at Cambridge University.

Not what was asked for; speculation on characteristics of alien personality rather than practical possibility of alien visitation.

(28-09-2015 03:00 PM)Free Wrote:  And really?

A Book From NASA explores the very possibility that Aliens may have visited earh, and have been here for a very very long time.

False. The book compares the search for extraterrestrial intelligence to the field of archaeology, given the limitations on interstellar communications and the need for any hypothetical xenobiologist to work with limited information. It says exactly nothing about aliens having already visited Earth. In fact, it goes to great lengths to outline the practical limitations on contact with extraterrestrial intelligence.

(28-09-2015 03:00 PM)Free Wrote:  Oh really really?

Neil DeGrasse Tyson thinks aliens found humans, creatures on Earth uninteresting"

"My great fear is that we've in fact been visited by intelligent aliens, but they chose not to make contact, on the conclusion that there's no sign of intelligent life on Earth,"

Not what was asked for, quoted out of context for shock value. The quote deals with Tyson's statement that alien intelligence may find humans insignificant, not that alien visitation is practically possible.

(28-09-2015 03:00 PM)Free Wrote:  Everything above demonstrates that scientists are entertaining the possibility that aliens have already visited earth

Wrong on every possible level.

Try again, and actually read your sources this time. This whole "quoting things that directly contradict you" thing is just getting embarrassing.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
28-09-2015, 03:31 PM
(28-09-2015 03:07 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 03:00 PM)Free Wrote:  Really?

Not what was asked for; speculation on characteristics of alien personality rather than practical possibility of alien visitation.

(28-09-2015 03:00 PM)Free Wrote:  And really?

False. The book compares the search for extraterrestrial intelligence to the field of archaeology, given the limitations on interstellar communications and the need for any hypothetical xenobiologist to work with limited information. It says exactly nothing about aliens having already visited Earth. In fact, it goes to great lengths to outline the practical limitations on contact with extraterrestrial intelligence.

(28-09-2015 03:00 PM)Free Wrote:  Oh really really?

Not what was asked for, quoted out of context for shock value. The quote deals with Tyson's statement that alien intelligence may find humans insignificant, not that alien visitation is practically possible.

(28-09-2015 03:00 PM)Free Wrote:  Everything above demonstrates that scientists are entertaining the possibility that aliens have already visited earth

Try again, and actually read your sources this time. This whole "quoting things that directly contradict you" thing is just getting embarrassing.

Yeah I thought so.

You didn't read anything.

Now how did I come to expect that?

Big Grin

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
28-09-2015, 03:41 PM
(28-09-2015 03:31 PM)Free Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 03:07 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Not what was asked for; speculation on characteristics of alien personality rather than practical possibility of alien visitation.

Yeah I thought so.

Big Grin

No U Rolleyes Jesus Christ could you get more childish?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-09-2015, 03:43 PM
(28-09-2015 03:31 PM)Free Wrote:  Yeah I thought so.

Big Grin

And this, in return, is precisely the reply that I was expecting.

Because this is what you do when you run headfirst into the brick wall that is reality. Rather than reevaluate your position, look back over what you said and understand where your error lies, you simply say "ha, you're an idiot and I won" and flee, thinking that no one will notice your dishonesty and cowardice.

Your sources regarding the status of anecdotes as evidence directly contradicted you. When this was pointed out, you ran away.

Your assessment of the O'Hare incident report is wrong on every level, most notably the number of witnesses. When this was pointed out, you ran away.

Your claim that the FAA took part in a cover-up of the O'Hare incident which was "public record" was completely without supporting evidence of any kind. When this was pointed out, you ran away.

No number of blurry photographs or anecdotes can allow you to make a logical connection between an unknown and alien visitation. When this was pointed out, you ran away.

The ability to generate belief is not what determines what is evidence. When this was pointed out, you ran away.

The Twining memo was issued in order to begin an investigation into the supposed craft, which turned up nothing and resulted in the idea of the craft's existence being discarded. When this was pointed out, you ran away.

Your definition of "possibility" is worthless and functionally equivalent to "you haven't proven that aliens don't have magic powers", and applies to wizards as much as to aliens. When this was pointed out, you ran away.

This isn't an exhaustive list, either. And, though it all, you have apparently found it more worth your time to hurl baseless insults at anyone who disagrees with you rather than to engage in a civil discussion.

Hobbitgirl, adey, Mom, and the rest aren't the only ones disgusted with the way this thread has turned out.

[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
28-09-2015, 03:57 PM
(28-09-2015 03:43 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Hobbitgirl, adey, Mom, and the rest aren't the only ones disgusted with the way this thread has turned out.

Hah. I'm finding it pretty amusing at the moment. It's like... what's the next ridiculous stupid shit that he'll come out with? Originally he managed to obfuscate quite well, but every single one of his stupid ploys has been stripped away from him yet he still obstinately wears his tinfoil hat with pride.

Now all he has left is repeating himself in ever decreasing circles of "They're all liars! 12 witnesses!"

And the warning in all this is... there but for the grace of FSM go I. If Free who is his time has made some decent skeptical points (indeed, in this *very thread*, when asked about the possibility of ghosts), can go that fucking loopy... we can't be that far behind.

Praise Allah that I'm not as fucking nuts as he is though Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
28-09-2015, 05:38 PM
(28-09-2015 03:00 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(28-09-2015 02:19 PM)Free Wrote:  We humans do not have that knowledge, but that does not in any way mean that another intelligent species may indeed have that knowledge.

People here constantly make the mistake of equivocating between human intelligence and non human intelligence.

We cannot make a judgement on the intelligence or technology of another intelligent species that is not from earth. We simply do not know.

Seriously FREE, you've got to stop being lazy and start thinking about the 'How' as well as the 'Here'.

I've posted some links as to possible 'How', that you just want to hand wave away such things..... ?

That you've acknowledged that physics works for 'Them' there the same as it works for us 'Here' and yet you seem to just want to hand wave away the problems of traversing there to here?

Again, just you being simply lazy.

Darn posts getting eaten.

What's your problem with the answer of "I don't know?"

You don't seem capable of understanding that if they are aliens, then they will not have the same understanding of psychics that we do. They could have an advanced understanding of psychics that "we don't know."

Do you somehow think that we know everything there is to know about physics? How can it be so difficult to understand that somebody might know more than we do?

The answer is "I don't know." In fact, no human would know.