UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2015, 09:03 AM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(29-09-2015 08:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  You gave me nothing to refute, just a bunch of assertions.

I gave you evidence. Prove it doesn't exist.

Big Grin

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2015, 09:11 AM
(29-09-2015 09:03 AM)Free Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 08:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  You gave me nothing to refute, just a bunch of assertions.

Big Grin

Prove that Santa is not the reason for UFOs then.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-09-2015, 09:14 AM
(29-09-2015 09:03 AM)Free Wrote:  

There is no need to show that claims haven't been made. And no one has argued anything of the sort. I suspect you know that, but can't be bothered with such petty trappings as honesty.

"Someone thinks they saw something" is not evidence.

"You can't prove they didn't" is not substantiation.

It's since descended from tragedy to pathetic farce that you persist in such idiocy, but the very same standard you espouse equally attests the unfalsifiable existence and evidence of cryptids, ghosts, angels, gods, demons, telepathy, telekinesis, and much, much more - as consistently pointed out to you. And yet somehow you find it in you to reject baseless supposition where all but your pet obsession is concerned.
(bonus points, however, for refusing to understand scientific theories in order that you might, erroneously, call those bodies of evidence equally spurious)

This has long since failed to fool anyone but yourself.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
29-09-2015, 09:17 AM
(29-09-2015 09:14 AM)cjlr Wrote:  This has long since failed to fool anyone but yourself.

It can't be fooling even him. Ergo he must be trolling. Either that or a bird dropped a tortoise on his head. Hey. A tortoise dropped by a bird is a UFO!!!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-09-2015, 09:50 AM
(29-09-2015 09:14 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 09:03 AM)Free Wrote:  I gave you evidence. Prove it doesn't exist.

There is no need to show that claims haven't been made. And no one has argued anything of the sort. I suspect you know that, but can't be bothered with such petty trappings as honesty.

"Someone thinks they saw something" is not evidence.

"You can't prove they didn't" is not substantiation.

It's since descended from tragedy to pathetic farce that you persist in such idiocy, but the very same standard you espouse equally attests the unfalsifiable existence and evidence of cryptids, ghosts, angels, gods, demons, telepathy, telekinesis, and much, much more - as consistently pointed out to you. And yet somehow you find it in you to reject baseless supposition where all but your pet obsession is concerned.
(bonus points, however, for refusing to understand scientific theories in order that you might, erroneously, call those bodies of evidence equally spurious)

This has long since failed to fool anyone but yourself.

None of that has anything to do with my argument, despite your insistence.

Evidence has been submitted. It stands as it is and is completely falsifiable.

So falsify it. If you cannot do that, then it stands as evidence to support the position.

It's really that simple.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
29-09-2015, 09:51 AM
I used to think theists who claimed god existed because the bible says so, were off (mentally) and guilty of circular reasoning.

Then I've been following this thread and read what Free says about the "evidence" for UFO's.

Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-09-2015, 09:58 AM
(29-09-2015 09:50 AM)Free Wrote:  None of that has anything to do with my argument, despite your insistence.

If that's really what you think, then you do not appear to understand the topic at hand.

(29-09-2015 09:50 AM)Free Wrote:  Evidence has been submitted. It stands as it is and is completely falsifiable.

So falsify it. If you cannot do that, then it stands as evidence to support the position.

It's really that simple.

You've couched your "evidence" in terms that are explicitly unfalsifiable.
(we will ignore, for now, your categorical misrepresentation of much of that "evidence")

"Someone says they saw something, therefore it's possible" is unfalsifiable. It's also meaningless. Unless you're prepared to accept that ghosts exist, just because you can't somehow disprove that once upon a time someone thought they saw one!

So: are you? Why or why not?

[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
29-09-2015, 10:09 AM
(29-09-2015 09:58 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 09:50 AM)Free Wrote:  None of that has anything to do with my argument, despite your insistence.

If that's really what you think, then you do not appear to understand the topic at hand.

You, who jumps in and out at opportunistic times obviously haven't been following this conversation well enough to assemble a clue.

Quote:
(29-09-2015 09:50 AM)Free Wrote:  Evidence has been submitted. It stands as it is and is completely falsifiable.

It's really that simple.

You've couched your "evidence" in terms that are explicitly unfalsifiable.
(we will ignore, for now, your categorical misrepresentation of much of that "evidence")

"Someone says they saw something, therefore it's possible" is unfalsifiable. It's also meaningless. Unless you're prepared to accept that ghosts exist, just because you can't somehow disprove that once upon a time someone thought they saw one!

I see you also are using the Fallacy of Exclusion, by intentionally ignoring the historical photographs, the official government documents, and how they tie in with the claims of the witnesses.

This won't get you anywhere. Work with ALL of it, or you have no argument at all.

29-09-2015, 10:17 AM
(29-09-2015 09:51 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I used to think theists who claimed god existed because the bible says so, were off (mentally) and guilty of circular reasoning.

Then I've been following this thread and read what Free says about the "evidence" for UFO's.

Facepalm

No what you've been doing is buying into the bandwagon claims and assertions, and not actually reading what I am saying at all.

For example, have you found any evidence of me making a threat yet to justify your accusation a few pages back?

Or did you just simply rush to judgement based upon what morondog wanted you to believe?

29-09-2015, 10:20 AM
(29-09-2015 10:09 AM)Free Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 09:58 AM)cjlr Wrote:  If that's really what you think, then you do not appear to understand the topic at hand.

You, who jumps in and out at opportunistic times obviously haven't been following this conversation well enough to assemble a clue.

I do admit to some trouble following your reasoning, as there doesn't appear to be any. Everyone else's, no problem.

(29-09-2015 10:09 AM)Free Wrote:  
Quote:You've couched your "evidence" in terms that are explicitly unfalsifiable.

I see you also are using the Fallacy of Exclusion, by intentionally ignoring the historical photographs, the official government documents, and how they tie in with the claims of the witnesses.

It's adorable when you try to fallacy-monger.

Even you admit them all specious and circumstancial. I therefore fail to see how that changes anything. One unsubstantiated claim does not support other unsubstantiated claims. If, and only if, you have anything better than that, does it lend any actual credence to others.

There is, equally, photographic "evidence" of - and indeed, video "evidence" of - all of the things I named and you reject. For many there are "official government documents" to boot, where once again we will conveniently ignore that documents merely reiterating the claims of others and indeed concluding them to represent nothing (cf USAF, UFOs) are magically transformed into "evidence" when - and only when - they relate to your pet obsession, and not other spurious phenomena.

I can't help but notice you avoided giving a straight answer to my question. This does, at least, indicate that you have the modicum of self-awareness to know that either answer you give will reflect poorly on you at this point.

(29-09-2015 10:09 AM)Free Wrote:  This won't get you anywhere. Work with ALL of it, or you have no argument at all.

For those following along at home, this is an actual fallacy.

[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post