UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2015, 10:25 AM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(29-09-2015 09:51 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I used to think theists who claimed god existed because the bible says so, were off (mentally) and guilty of circular reasoning.

Then I've been following this thread and read what Free says about the "evidence" for UFO's.

Facepalm

It has certainly been an education, hasn't it?

It's one of those discussions that serves as a reminder that "atheist" does not mean "rational".

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Unbeliever's post
29-09-2015, 10:25 AM
(29-09-2015 10:17 AM)Free Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 09:51 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I used to think theists who claimed god existed because the bible says so, were off (mentally) and guilty of circular reasoning.

Then I've been following this thread and read what Free says about the "evidence" for UFO's.

Facepalm

No what you've been doing is buying into the bandwagon claims and assertions, and not actually reading what I am saying at all.

For example, have you found any evidence of me making a threat yet to justify your accusation a few pages back?

Or did you just simply rush to judgement based upon what morondog wanted you to believe?

I'm not buying into anything I've read and followed this thread. I've read nothing but baseless assertions that you seem to confuse as some sort of evidence.

Yes, you made a comment -- I decided to use it as an opportunity, to remind everyone, including you, of our rule.

If you don't like it, I don't care.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-09-2015, 10:26 AM
(29-09-2015 10:20 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 10:09 AM)Free Wrote:  You, who jumps in and out at opportunistic times obviously haven't been following this conversation well enough to assemble a clue.

I do admit to some trouble following your reasoning, as there doesn't appear to be any. Everyone else's, no problem.

(29-09-2015 10:09 AM)Free Wrote:  I see you also are using the Fallacy of Exclusion, by intentionally ignoring the historical photographs, the official government documents, and how they tie in with the claims of the witnesses.

It's adorable when you try to fallacy-monger.

Even you admit them all specious and circumstancial. I therefore fail to see how that changes anything. One unsubstantiated claim does not support other unsubstantiated claims. If, and only if, you have anything better than that, does it lend any actual credence to others.

There is, equally, photographic "evidence" of - and indeed, video "evidence" of - all of the things I named and you reject. For many there are "official government documents" to boot, where once again we will conveniently ignore that documents merely reiterating the claims of others and indeed concluding them to represent nothing (cf USAF, UFOs) are magically transformed into "evidence" when - and only when - they relate to your pet obsession, and not other spurious phenomena.

I can't help but notice you avoided giving a straight answer to my question. This does, at least, indicate that you have the modicum of self-awareness to know that either answer you give will reflect poorly on you at this point.

(29-09-2015 10:09 AM)Free Wrote:  This won't get you anywhere. Work with ALL of it, or you have no argument at all.

For those following along at home, this is an actual fallacy.

Problem with this is:
1. We have a large number of witnesses who substantiate each other's claim.
2. We have government documents which correspond with each other and corroborate each other in the conclusion that these types of aircraft are real.
3. We have numerous historical photographs in which their design and performance is confirmed by the numerous witnesses and the official government documents.

All the evidence supports each other.

So whatever your claims are, are bogus, and unsupported.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
29-09-2015, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2015 10:31 AM by Free.)
(29-09-2015 10:25 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 10:17 AM)Free Wrote:  No what you've been doing is buying into the bandwagon claims and assertions, and not actually reading what I am saying at all.

For example, have you found any evidence of me making a threat yet to justify your accusation a few pages back?

Or did you just simply rush to judgement based upon what morondog wanted you to believe?

I'm not buying into anything I've read and followed this thread. I've read nothing but baseless assertions that you seem to confuse as some sort of evidence.

Yes, you made a comment -- I decided to use it as an opportunity, to remind everyone, including you, of our rule.

If you don't like it, I don't care.

And this tells me that you can use your power here to abuse others by wrongfully accusing them of a serious charge of threatening others.

That's what you are telling me here, and that is so fucking wrong on every fucking level.

And yet you don't care?

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
29-09-2015, 10:35 AM
(29-09-2015 10:26 AM)Free Wrote:  1. We have a large number of witnesses who substantiate each other's claim.

No, we don't, and it wouldn't matter if we did.

(29-09-2015 10:26 AM)Free Wrote:  2. We have government documents which correspond with each other and corroborate each other in the conclusion that these types of aircraft are real.

Which is irrelevant without actual evidence to justify that conclusion, and those same government officials later reversed that conclusion because - surprise - there was no evidence to support it.

(29-09-2015 10:26 AM)Free Wrote:  3. We have numerous historical photographs in which their design and performance is confirmed by the numerous witnesses and the official government documents.

No, we don't. We have a handful of blurry photographs which have never been substantiated as any sort of craft. The vast majority of them simply show a light or a circle and claim that it's a space ship; a few show something odd, but nothing that can be confirmed as an actual craft even assuming that the photograph isn't a hoax of some sort.

And the "eyewitness reports" and government documents do nothing to make the photographic evidence, such as it is, any less abysmally poor. They are, whether you like it or not, entirely unrelated, and even if one were evidence, it would do precisely nothing to substantiate the others.

You don't understand what "evidence" means, you don't understand what "substantiated" or "verified" means, and you don't understand how to build an actual case for your position.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
29-09-2015, 10:36 AM
(29-09-2015 10:35 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 10:26 AM)Free Wrote:  1. We have a large number of witnesses who substantiate each other's claim.

No, we don't, and it wouldn't matter if we did.

(29-09-2015 10:26 AM)Free Wrote:  2. We have government documents which correspond with each other and corroborate each other in the conclusion that these types of aircraft are real.

Which is irrelevant without actual evidence to justify that conclusion, and those same government officials later reversed that conclusion because - surprise - there was no evidence to support it.

(29-09-2015 10:26 AM)Free Wrote:  3. We have numerous historical photographs in which their design and performance is confirmed by the numerous witnesses and the official government documents.

No, we don't. We have a handful of blurry photographs which have never been substantiated as any sort of craft. The vast majority of them simply show a light or a circle and claim that it's a space ship; a few show something odd, but nothing that can be confirmed as an actual craft even assuming that the photograph isn't a hoax of some sort.

And the "eyewitness reports" and government documents do nothing to make the photographic evidence, such as it is, any less abysmally poor. They are, whether you like it or not, entirely unrelated, and even if one were evidence, it would do precisely nothing to substantiate the others.

You don't understand what "evidence" means, you don't understand what "substantiated" or "verified" means, and you don't understand how to build an actual case for your position.

Yeah, about you.

You're too fucking stupid to provide an argument.

Big Grin

(29-09-2015 10:28 AM)Free Wrote:  And this tells me that you can use your power here to abuse others by wrongfully accusing them of a serious charge of threatening others.

That's what you are telling me here, and that is so fucking wrong on every fucking level.

And yet you don't care?

What the actual fuck?

(29-09-2015 10:36 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 10:28 AM)Free Wrote:  And this tells me that you can use your power here to abuse others by wrongfully accusing them of a serious charge of threatening others.

And yet you don't care?

What the actual fuck?

Yeah, seriously.

29-09-2015, 10:38 AM
(29-09-2015 10:36 AM)Free Wrote:  Yeah, about you.

You're too fucking stupid to provide an argument.

Big Grin

(29-09-2015 10:36 AM)Free Wrote:  Yeah, seriously.

[Image: feb.gif]

Yeah, we're done here.

29-09-2015, 10:42 AM
(29-09-2015 10:36 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  

And yet you don't care?

What the actual fuck?

I guess what Free is saying is that forum rules don't apply to him and he should be able to say whatever the fuck he wants. Drinking Beverage

He seems miffed that I don't give a crap what he thinks.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post