UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2015, 06:03 AM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(09-09-2015 09:22 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 09:11 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I probably did not read your post.

How long was your holiday???

Oh and thanks for bring up my cancer. Although I am not due at the hospital today until 2.30 PM.

What a nice guy you are. Or rather, you're a scum bag. And you have the audacity to record how many times you have been insulted?

Have you ever wondered why you get insulted? You're a joke here. Do you not even realise?

"God is a first cause dice thrower and it is an idea that must be true because I made it up!?"

Dumb arse!

I forgive you for calling me those things. I only brought up your cancer because last time you made yourself look foolish that was your excuse. If you don't want others to bring it up as an excuse for your current foolishness, keep it to yourself.

You are a fucking asshole, BlowJob. Just fuck off and die.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
10-09-2015, 06:06 AM
(09-09-2015 05:35 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  But space aliens? I am not sure which is more idiotic: belief in God, or belief that the Earth has been visited by space aliens. The speed of light is the fastest speed there is, and the nearest planets that might have technological civilizations are so far away that it would just take too long to get here. This is not a problem that can be solved with technology. It's a fundamental limitation.
Irrelevant with regards to whether or not they are already here. It is theoretically possible and not unreasonable to assume an advanced species has already figured it out. You are also assuming that we will not learn more and find out that there are ways around it without violating FTL principals.
(09-09-2015 05:35 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  Of course, lots of things that fly manage to evade identification by the folks on the ground. So, UFOs: yes; space aliens, no!
So if generals, colonels, majors, captains, intelligence officers, astronauts, cosmonauts, politicians, hundreds of pilots, hundreds of police officers, government officials, scientists, an FAA division chief, and tens of thousands of people over the course of 60 plus years claim that the best hypothesis is the extraterrestrial hypothesis, should we not listen and demand for more disclosure from our government?

John Podesta who was Bill Clinton's Chief of Staff and was one of Obama's counselor's and is currently Chairman of Hillary's presidential campaign is pushing for the government to disclose their files. Read about it and watch the video below.

-Obama aide John Podesta says ‘biggest failure’ was not securing the disclosure of UFO files

Find all posts by this user
10-09-2015, 06:10 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2015 06:20 AM by Chas.)
(09-09-2015 10:21 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I have stated that there is no evidence supporting the idea of aliens having visited Earth, and so the assertion must be considered false, which is true.

I don't agree.
Dismissing an unevidenced claim does not determine its truth value, it dismisses it because the truth value cannot be evaluated.

[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
10-09-2015, 06:15 AM
(10-09-2015 03:00 AM)JonMJ33 Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 07:05 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Hey, if you've got a beef with the words, take it to Dr. Tyson. I'm just relaying them.
You used the words, so you are responsible for them.

No, that's just silly. He quoted Tyson - Tyson is responsible for those words.

10-09-2015, 06:16 AM
I'm sorry fella but I think Chas is right, its looking more and more like that to me with each post. You like me have not been here long (in your case since yesterday) are you here to enjoy being a member of an interesting online community or are you just proselyting your own beliefs ? An answer would be nice please.
10-09-2015, 06:18 AM
(10-09-2015 04:26 AM)JonMJ33 Wrote:  You saw a satellite in mid day? Not sure if I have heard of that before?

"At least one type of satellite (Iridium) can sometimes be seen in the daytime sky, although this is uncommon. These communications satellites have very reflective surfaces and under the right conditions, can reflect enough sunlight to appear as bright dots moving across the sky for a few seconds. These flashes are known as Iridium flares."

-Earth and sky

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
10-09-2015, 07:28 AM
(09-09-2015 09:05 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 09:04 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Aren't you supposed to be on holiday?

Please go on holiday.

I did go on holiday and and came back. We've discussed this one already. Are you high on your meds again?
Facepalm
Forget UFOs and little green men can anyone explain to me how this guy is still here when on the face of it at least, others have been removed for what appears to be less ? Consider
10-09-2015, 07:38 AM
(10-09-2015 07:28 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 09:05 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I did go on holiday and and came back. We've discussed this one already. Are you high on your meds again?
Facepalm
Forget UFOs and little green men can anyone explain to me how this guy is still here when on the face of it at least, others have been removed for what appears to be less ? Consider

Shocking

Don't question the Starkocracy, man. You could be next!

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
10-09-2015, 07:48 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2015 09:52 AM by Free.)
(09-09-2015 08:46 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 08:27 PM)Free Wrote:  No.

Yes.

No.

Quote:
(09-09-2015 08:27 PM)Free Wrote:  ""God of the gaps" is a term used to describe observations of theological perspectives in which gaps in scientific knowledge are taken to be evidence or proof of God's existence."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_the_gaps

And this is what you are doing when you posit alien visitation as a possible cause for the sightings of unidentified flying objects.

"We don't know, therefore aliens" is no different from "we don't know, therefore God".

Actually it's, "We don't know, but it's possible." I have clearly stated nothing but possibilities since this conversation started, so why you misrepresenting my position by wilfully and wrongfully insisting I am making a positive claim about conclusive existence?

Please improve your understanding of what it is you are reading so that you don't make yourself look like a total asshole, okay?

If it's your intention to troll this conversation by quoting me out of context, quoting me from multiple different posts to other people and putting them all into one which forces me to examine multiple posts, misrepresenting my view, a couple of things will happen rather quickly with you.

1. You will get neg repped for being an asshole.
2. You will be ignored with a tagline of "troll."

If that's what you want, keep going dude. It's fine to disagree, but if you can't do that respectfully and with intellectual honesty, then this conversation with you will end very quickly.

Quote:
(09-09-2015 08:27 PM)Free Wrote:  Since I have maintained only the possibility of aliens visiting earth

And that you have evidence to support this.

Precedences are considered evidence to support possibilities. So, fuck yes, evidence has been supplied.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
10-09-2015, 08:00 AM
(09-09-2015 08:49 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Are you using a report like this Free?

An except.
Officials at United professed no knowledge of the Nov. 7 event--which was reported to the airline by as many as a dozen of its own workers--when the Tribune started asking questions recently. But the Federal Aviation Administration said its air traffic control tower at O'Hare did receive a call from a United supervisor asking if controllers had spotted a mysterious elliptical-shaped craft sitting motionless over Concourse C of the United terminal.

No controllers saw the object, and a preliminary check of radar found nothing out of the ordinary, FAA spokeswoman Elizabeth Isham Cory said.

The FAA is not conducting a further investigation, Cory said. The theory is the sighting was caused by a "weather phenomenon," she said.

The UFO report has sparked some chuckles among controllers in O'Hare tower.

"To fly 7 million light years to O'Hare and then have to turn around and go home because your gate was occupied is simply unacceptable," said O'Hare controller and union official Craig Burzych.

I'd like to see the digital photos?

The two reporters talking is nothing. People talk about all sorts of things. And that photo of a flying saucer is old. I have seen that long ago. Back in the 70's. A stock photo.

I did not pursue a career in aviation. I did fly my first aeroplane, a Piper Cherokee, aged 8. The pilot sitting beside me of course. I also flew a Pawnee.

This is not evidence to me. I need more evidence,

I see you didn't make it to Page 2, a small link at the bottom:

"The United employees interviewed by the Tribune spoke on condition of anonymity.

Some said they were interviewed by United officials and instructed to write reports and draw pictures of what they observed, and that they were advised by United officials to refrain from speaking about what they saw.

Federal agency backtracks

Like United, the FAA originally told the Tribune that it had no information on the alleged UFO sighting. But the federal agency quickly reversed its position after the newspaper filed a Freedom of Information Act request.

An internal FAA review of air-traffic communications tapes, a step toward complying with the Tribune request, turned up the call by the United supervisor to an FAA manager in the airport tower, Cory said."

And there is more to this story from the Chicago Tribune, as the investigation continued. We'll get to that later.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.