UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2015, 04:38 PM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(03-10-2015 05:57 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-10-2015 05:46 AM)unfogged Wrote:  And the award for the most unintentionally ironic statement demonstrating a total lack of self awareness goes to.... lost.amongstthestars

But hell, do they really need to be competing for the title? Between this newboy, Free, pops, and Alla; we have quite the monument to incredulity. It's about as productive as a 'Running into the Wall' contest; because even if you win, you're still a loser.

[Image: wall-cartoon.jpg]

That should be "monument to credulity". Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-10-2015, 04:43 PM
(03-10-2015 06:30 AM)lost.amongstthestars Wrote:  Texas made. Aint no shame. Let me guess your all from the North? Correct me if Im wrong.

There are people from all over the world here.
Consider yourself corrected.

Quote:Im sure We have some not so nice things to say about y'all. Name your state, got something for ya.

My, how parochial. Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-10-2015, 04:46 PM
(03-10-2015 06:35 AM)lost.amongstthestars Wrote:  Seriously? Do you all just repeat yourselves? All you robots must be in sync because it's all the same. And you always take everything so literal. I have all the evidence I need. Thats why I won't change my mind dumbass. Just so you know, the more you all try to sound intelligent the more your making an ass of yourselfs. Jokes on you dudes.

You don't seem to understand what science is. Look at my tagline. ↓

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-10-2015, 05:12 PM
(03-10-2015 08:05 AM)lost.amongstthestars Wrote:  My main point is that it could be possible that it has happened, considering..

Yes, this has been brought up previously.

And, again previously, it has been pointed out that "possible", in the sense that you mean it, is worthless. It is possible that there is a bona fide wizard out there somewhere, and everyone else has just failed to figure out the secrets of magic.

"Possible" is meaningless unless you can demonstrate practical possibility: that there is a potential perpetrator, means, and opportunity. To establish any meaningful possibility, you must show that there are aliens who have the means to reach Earth, not just say "oh but it could be..."

No ufologist has ever done this. None of them have ever even made the first steps towards doing this, because, as of the current time, it cannot be done. It is quite possible that it will never be done, in fact; it is entirely possible that interstellar travel is simply not practically achievable, or that, even if it is possible, humanity is so far from any other alien race with the capability that they could never reach us.

"Possible" is worthless. "Possible" is just some kindergartener's daydream.

What matters is practical possibility.

(03-10-2015 08:05 AM)lost.amongstthestars Wrote:  I do agree that there's no acceptable evidence , only hear say and videos, which are interesting but not satisfactory. And I do believe the government would cover it up of it happened, but again, no evidence.

On this point, we are agreed.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
08-10-2015, 02:14 AM
What do you guys make of this NSA report titled "Key To The Extraterrestrial Messages?"

Here is an excerpt:

Quote:Dr. Campaigne presented a series of 29 messages from outer space in "Extraterrestrial Intelligence." NSA Technical Journal. Vol. XI. No. 2. pp.101 ff. and in Special Mathematics and Engineering Issue of the Journal pp. 117 ff. The following article develops a key to these messages. Paragraph numbers parallel the serial numbers of the messages reprinted in the appendix below. This includes the new series--30 and 31--not included in the previous article.-NSA.gov
08-10-2015, 02:24 AM
(08-10-2015 02:14 AM)JonMJ33 Wrote:  What do you guys make of this NSA report titled "Key To The Extraterrestrial Messages?"

Here is an excerpt:

Quote:Dr. Campaigne presented a series of 29 messages from outer space in "Extraterrestrial Intelligence." NSA Technical Journal. Vol. XI. No. 2. pp.101 ff. and in Special Mathematics and Engineering Issue of the Journal pp. 117 ff. The following article develops a key to these messages. Paragraph numbers parallel the serial numbers of the messages reprinted in the appendix below. This includes the new series--30 and 31--not included in the previous article.-NSA.gov

Near as can I can tell, someone with insufficient skepticism and too much credulity went looking for messages in the noise, and connecting dots that weren't there. It's really elaborate numerology attempting to makes sense out of the noise, and assuming a purpose and meaning that is not evidently there.

Check out the Appendix...

Recently a series of radio messages was heard coming from outer space.

But there is nothing establishing that the radio noise was a message, because message infers a source with a motive, neither of which is evidently true.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
08-10-2015, 02:29 AM
The Scientific Coalition for Ufology recently worked on a case that is intriguing. Here is a clip from an article that gives a pretty good outline of the case and events.

Quote:A group of UFO researchers with backgrounds in science have come together to analyze an alleged UFO video they have confirmed comes from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The object in the video was captured by a thermal imaging camera on a DHS aircraft, and according to the researchers, it exhibits characteristics that cannot be explained by any known aircraft or natural phenomenon.
The video is overlaid with the sort of telemetry one would expect from a military or law enforcement thermal image video. It shows an object apparently moving very quickly over land and then into the ocean. It seems to be tumbling or changing shape. It moves over buildings, through trees, and eventually over the ocean. Then things get weird. The object appears to go in and out of the ocean without slowing down, and at the end of the video is either joined by another object or breaks in two.
All of the primary witnesses have requested anonymity. However, several communications from alleged DHS employees indicate that the video caused quite a stir on the base.-Openminds.tv

Here is the 161 pg. report: -2013 Aguadilla Puerto Rico UAP

Here is the video:

[+] 1 user Likes JonMJ33's post
08-10-2015, 02:35 AM
(08-10-2015 02:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 02:14 AM)JonMJ33 Wrote:  What do you guys make of this NSA report titled "Key To The Extraterrestrial Messages?"

Here is an excerpt:

Near as can I can tell, someone with insufficient skepticism and too much credulity went looking for messages in the noise, and connecting dots that weren't there. It's really elaborate numerology attempting to makes sense out of the noise, and assuming a purpose and meaning that is not evidently there.

But there is nothing establishing that the radio noise was a message, because message infers a source with a motive, neither of which is evidently true.

Perhaps, but then of course you could be wrong.
08-10-2015, 02:42 AM
(08-10-2015 02:35 AM)JonMJ33 Wrote:  
(08-10-2015 02:24 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Near as can I can tell, someone with insufficient skepticism and too much credulity went looking for messages in the noise, and connecting dots that weren't there. It's really elaborate numerology attempting to makes sense out of the noise, and assuming a purpose and meaning that is not evidently there.

Perhaps, but then of course you could be wrong.

I could be wrong, but that's the difference between what's probable and what's possible. Assuming radio noise is 'intelligent' without any evidence in support of that undermines the entire endeavor, so skepticism and the null hypothesis should compel you to toss these pages in the rubbish bin unless there is far greater substantiation than what was shown in them. It's useless because you could just replace 'extra terrestrial' with 'angels' and the substance of the paper would not change, even if the only thing has changed is the window dressing; but that dressing necessitates an entirely different conclusion.

So yeah, those pages are not compelling whatsoever.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
08-10-2015, 02:47 AM
(08-10-2015 02:35 AM)JonMJ33 Wrote:  Perhaps, but then of course you could be wrong.

Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post