UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2015, 09:20 AM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(10-09-2015 08:47 AM)JonMJ33 Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 02:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  Facepalm Another conspiracy nut. How did you attain this special knowledge pray tell?
It began with Roswell. Major Jesse Marcel who was one of the first on the scene in Roswell and is the one in the famous picture holding a piece of a downed weather balloon later on in life came out with what he really knew about the incident. You can hear him speak about it here:

Also look into the Lawrence Rockefeller UFO Disclosure Initiative during Clinton's presidency.
Here is an informative link:
-The Rockefeller Initiative

Also consider John Podesta's remarks. John Podesta, by the way, was Bill Clinton's Chief of Staff, Obama's counselor, and is currently Hillary Clinton's Chairmen of her presidential campaign.
-Obama aide John Podesta says ‘biggest failure’ was not securing the disclosure of UFO files

I'm no genius, but I am pretty sure anyone can see that something is definitely being withheld.

Although many of those people in the complete video are certainly credible, I think the author, "Stephen Greer," has gone off the deep end with it all.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2015, 10:00 AM
Oh, and one other question regarding whether or not multiple eyewitness testimony is inadequate.

Let me see a show of hands to the following question:

Question: Should we overturn all convictions of verbal sexual harassment because we somehow think the multiple eyewitness testimonies are inadequate?

After all, there is no "physical evidence" whatsoever, so don't you think that verbal sexual harassment should not be a criminal offence?

Tongue

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
10-09-2015, 10:00 AM
(10-09-2015 01:52 AM)JonMJ33 Wrote:  Pick a case and show me why.

Roswell. The O'Hare airport sighting. The Phoenix lights.

None of them ever resulted in the appearance of actual evidence in favor of alien visitation. All conclusions drawn to that effect were demonstrably baseless speculation.

(10-09-2015 01:59 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Its bunk because it is possible things other than aliens could explain the cases. So any evidence you have really isn't evidence for aliens.

No, it's bunk because there are other explanations that better explain the phenomena.

(10-09-2015 02:33 AM)JonMJ33 Wrote:  Secondly, they want an official congressional hearing, but they are having trouble getting one.

Gee. I wonder why.

(10-09-2015 02:40 AM)JonMJ33 Wrote:  Explain how Major Jesse Marcel who was one of the first on the scene in Roswell and is the one in the famous picture holding a piece of a downed weather balloon later on in life came out with what he really knew about the incident.

Why? I have no idea. But Jesse Marcel is demonstrably lying about pretty much everything to do with Roswell and his degree of expertise in the field of aeronautics.

(10-09-2015 04:18 AM)JonMJ33 Wrote:  Consider the COMETA report:

I have.

To use another's words, it's "an embarrassment… unsubstantiated data from questionable sources." And the one saying this, mark you, was a believer in alien visitation.

COMETA is bunk.

(10-09-2015 08:39 AM)Free Wrote:  Something real could possibly be going on in our skies.

Oh, lots of real things are going on in our skies.

Alien visitation is not one of them.

(10-09-2015 08:39 AM)Free Wrote:  1. Intelligent "alien" life may not be alien to earth at all. I prefer to call them "intelligent non human life." If they exist, they could be right from earth, for all we know.

2. Speculatively, they are nomads. They have no base planet. This is not star trek, people.

3. We do not yet know everything about our own solar system as to whether or not life exists on other planets here, or on a planets' moon.

All of the above is utterly ridiculous. You're quite right at saying that it's not Star Trek, though. Star Trek was more believable.

To solve the problem of alien life being too far away to practically reach us, you have given us other, larger problems that it might have to overcome instead. If it's a Bigfoot scenario, with a sapient, civilized species with that kind of technological capability living right alongside us, there is no conceivable way in which it could remain undetected. If they "have no base planet", how the hell did life originate in the vacuum of space, let alone evolve to sapient levels and construct a space ship around itself? And if there's a spacefaring civilization hiding within our own solar system, why have we never seen any of them whizzing about despite the fact that we've been watching them for literally decades?

(10-09-2015 08:39 AM)Free Wrote:  When you study this subject for as long as I have, you learn of these other possibilities, and that is clearly what is missing from those here who "think they know" what they are talking about.

Oh, I'm certainly learning something.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
10-09-2015, 10:06 AM
(10-09-2015 09:17 AM)Free Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 09:04 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  It's possible I'm a magical pink unicorn too. Its a possibility right? But I doubt you'd believe me without proof. I doubt you would even consider it to be true.

It's important to have an open mind, but something about keeping your brain from falling out. Tongue

Yes but you see, the unique thing about us humans is our ability to distinguish as to what has entered into the realm of ridiculousness from what is capable of entering the realm of reason.

We can reason that it is ridiculous to think you might be a pink unicorn.

It is not ridiculous to to reason that non human intelligent life could possibly exist. If it was unreasonable, then we need explanations as to why such esteemed scientists such as Stephen Hawking and thousands of others are actively supporting the search for non human intelligent life.

They search because we have reason to believe.

Like I said I have very little doubt that in the vastness of the universe there are a few more planets that have life of some form.

This thread is about flying saucers visiting earth, however. I put this in the same realm as my pink unicorn status.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
10-09-2015, 10:10 AM
(10-09-2015 10:06 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Like I said I have very little doubt that in the vastness of the universe there are a few more planets that have life of some form.

This thread is about flying saucers visiting earth, however.

It's odd, how often proponents of alien visitation get those mixed up.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post
10-09-2015, 10:19 AM
(10-09-2015 10:00 AM)Free Wrote:  Oh, and one other question regarding whether or not multiple eyewitness testimony is inadequate.

Question: Should we overturn all convictions of verbal sexual harassment because we somehow think the multiple eyewitness testimonies are inadequate?

After all, there is no "physical evidence" whatsoever, so don't you think that verbal sexual harassment should not be a criminal offence?

Tongue

Anyone in law will tell you you have a weak case if all you have is eyewitness accounts.

There have also been shown that eyewitness accounts are not often accurate.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
10-09-2015, 10:21 AM
(10-09-2015 10:00 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 08:39 AM)Free Wrote:  Something real could possibly be going on in our skies.

Oh, lots of real things are going on in our skies.

Alien visitation is not one of them.

So, should I somehow accept your opinion of this verses the opinions of astronauts, airforce pilots, politicians, defence ministers, military personnel, foreign governments, and numerous scientists?

Perhaps you can explain to me why your opinion invalidates all of theirs?

Quote:
(10-09-2015 08:39 AM)Free Wrote:  1. Intelligent "alien" life may not be alien to earth at all. I prefer to call them "intelligent non human life." If they exist, they could be right from earth, for all we know.

2. Speculatively, they are nomads. They have no base planet. This is not star trek, people.

3. We do not yet know everything about our own solar system as to whether or not life exists on other planets here, or on a planets' moon.

All of the above is utterly ridiculous. You're quite right at saying that it's not Star Trek, though. Star Trek was more believable.

And again, since you do not explain your reasoning as to why any of it is ridiculous, then your claim against it is ridiculous in itself, and worthless.

Quote:To solve the problem of alien life being too far away to practically reach us, you have given us other, larger problems that it might have to overcome instead. If it's a Bigfoot scenario,

I will just stop you right there. You are making a false analogy again. And below I will demonstrate why:

Quote:with a sapient, civilized species with that kind of technological capability living right alongside us, there is no conceivable way in which it could remain undetected.

And your analogy is false for the simple fact that almost on a daily basis we discover new species of plants and animals. We even find new fossils of new species, including one that was published just today.

So you have no valid point here at all. Another false comparison proven wrong.

Quote: If they "have no base planet", how the hell did life originate in the vacuum of space, let alone evolve to sapient levels and construct a space ship around itself?

That is not for us to answer, is it? At one time they may have evolved on some planet somewhere, but have since evolved into nomads. How have you not thought of this very simple possibility?

Quote: And if there's a spacefaring civilization hiding within our own solar system, why have we never seen any of them whizzing about despite the fact that we've been watching them for literally decades?

Ummm ... maybe that's the point of all the UFO reports? I notice you said "why have we never seen any of them whizzing about" indicating "eyewitness testimony," so now are you suggesting if we did see them whizzing around we could consider the eyewitness testimony as evidence?

Do you not understand how you fucking contradict yourself?

Quote:
(10-09-2015 08:39 AM)Free Wrote:  When you study this subject for as long as I have, you learn of these other possibilities, and that is clearly what is missing from those here who "think they know" what they are talking about.

Oh, I'm certainly learning something.

No, the only thing on your agenda is to debunk rather than discuss. You are incapable of learning with your psychological disposition.

10-09-2015, 10:26 AM
(10-09-2015 10:19 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 10:00 AM)Free Wrote:  Oh, and one other question regarding whether or not multiple eyewitness testimony is inadequate.

Tongue

Anyone in law will tell you you have a weak case if all you have is eyewitness accounts.

There have also been shown that eyewitness accounts are not often accurate.

Yabut, we both know that convictions occur based upon eyewitness testimony.

My point here is very simple. Sure, if only one eyewitness testified, it is entirely possible they could be wrong and the judge could have his doubts.

But when you add 12 eyewitnesses who all say the same thing, do you not think the judge could rightfully convict the defendant with a higher degree of confidence?

You're an honest person, and I know you don't have to answer this.

Smile

10-09-2015, 10:31 AM
Ok can anyone tell me the purpose of these supposed alien visitations clearly its not to say hello or make our acquaintance so what the hell are they doing coming all this way sightseeing?
10-09-2015, 10:37 AM
(10-09-2015 10:31 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Ok can anyone tell me the purpose of these supposed alien visitations clearly its not to say hello or make our acquaintance so what the hell are they doing coming all this way sightseeing?

They know how humans react to things. It's a matter of staying save but exploring a resource riddled species.

I don't take any documentation of events with much esteem though, It's as valuable to me as NDE claims and remarkably they both scale out to the same flaws of influenced testimonies and restrengthening ones mental imagines that already existed instead of creating new ideas.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson