UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2015, 12:31 PM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(10-09-2015 12:28 PM)Free Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 12:27 PM)adey67 Wrote:  So all of a sudden we go from aliens definitely likely to have visited earth to there is likely alien life somewhere in the universe. Facepalm

Two different discussions.

Pay attention.
I am and you are changing the damn goalposts
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
10-09-2015, 12:32 PM
At work.

(10-09-2015 12:26 PM)Free Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 12:23 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Am posting my incredulouity at your comment.

HOWEVER!

I know my post rate sucks but if you want a pleasant chat about the subject, we can set up another 'Comfy corner' if you want? Smile

That would be a good idea. I will look at it as an interview, and be able to express myself to just your questions instead of wasting my time with some (not all) ridiculous posters on this thread.

Hug

Smile
10-09-2015, 12:32 PM
(10-09-2015 12:30 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  There is just as much of the same kind of "evidence" for flying saucers visiting us as there is for god. The words are practically interchangeable. Neither holds up.

I actually know quite a bit about visitor believers and what they feel is evidence. I grew up in that culture.
10-09-2015, 12:34 PM
(10-09-2015 12:30 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  There is just as much of the same kind of "evidence" for flying saucers visiting us as there is for god. Neither holds up

I believe that when you have multiple credible eyewitness testimonies by aviation experts who share no preconceived beliefs, we have some evidence.

Your opinion may vary, but you are entitled to it.

To me, it is not unlike how a judge gains confidence in the decision to convict a person of sexual harassment based upon multiple eyewitness testimonies as opposed to having little confidence on the testimony of a singular witness.

I make a judgement based upon credibility and multiplication, and conclude a good possibility. I do not, however, conclude conclusiveness.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
10-09-2015, 12:35 PM
(10-09-2015 12:32 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

[quote='Free' pid='851643' dateline='1441909609']

That would be a good idea. I will look at it as an interview, and be able to express myself to just your questions instead of wasting my time with some (not all) ridiculous posters on this thread.

Arrogant ass
10-09-2015, 12:37 PM
(10-09-2015 12:31 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 12:28 PM)Free Wrote:  Two different discussions.

Pay attention.
I am and you are changing the damn goalposts

Well i suppose that now all you gotta do is aim that ball between the two newly positioned goal posts, right?

If you are going to bore me with ridicule and denialism, I will annoy the fuck out of you.

Big Grin

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
10-09-2015, 12:38 PM
(10-09-2015 12:34 PM)Free Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 12:30 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  There is just as much of the same kind of "evidence" for flying saucers visiting us as there is for god. Neither holds up

I believe that when you have multiple credible eyewitness testimonies by aviation experts who share no preconceived beliefs, we have some evidence.

To me, it is not unlike how a judge gains confidence in the decision to convict a person of sexual harassment based upon multiple eyewitness testimonies as opposed to having little confidence on the testimony of a singular witness.

I make a judgement based upon credibility and multiplication, and conclude a good possibility. I do not, however, conclude conclusiveness.

There are credible, intelligent people who believe in god and will give you eyewitness accounts as well.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
10-09-2015, 12:39 PM
(10-09-2015 12:35 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 12:32 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

[quote='Free' pid='851643' dateline='1441909609']

Arrogant ass

Are you actually looking for an enemy? I can be that guy if you like.

Or you can reverse course, and try again.

10-09-2015, 12:39 PM
Are you threatening me ?
10-09-2015, 12:41 PM
(10-09-2015 12:38 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 12:34 PM)Free Wrote:  I believe that when you have multiple credible eyewitness testimonies by aviation experts who share no preconceived beliefs, we have some evidence.

There are credible, intelligent people who believe in god and will give you eyewitness accounts as well.

Can they all describe their experience exactly the same? Will they all tell you what God looked like and the descriptions be virtually identical? Would their experiences be all at the same time, in the same location, with absolutely no preconceived beliefs about their God?

Can you actually make this comparison and be honestly fair about it?