UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2015, 01:04 PM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(10-09-2015 12:49 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 12:43 PM)Free Wrote:  Dude, I will give you a chance to not make an annoyance of yourself before I simply ignore you on my ignore list.

The next thing you say to me will determine it one way or another.

Perhaps we should just shake hands and leave each other alone we clearly don't get on.

But we can get along. All it takes is basically having a mature discussion. I am always for respecting others and having them respect me. If they do not respect me, I have no use for them in my life at all.

So all I am saying is ... chill ... it's just a discussion among people who have varying degrees of belief and confidence in a subject, depending upon the experience and experiences of the persons involved.

It doesn't need to be a matter of "You are wrong and I am right."

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
10-09-2015, 01:07 PM
(10-09-2015 12:59 PM)Free Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 12:49 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  It's also possible god exist based on the same sort of very weak evidence. Yet you deny that. It's interesting to me how people can pick and choose like that.

"Very weak evidence?"

If you mean individual testimonies from people who make claims that defy nature, I see no evidence nor reason to accept those claims at all.

Exactly. Same with flying saucers.
10-09-2015, 01:09 PM
I'm one credible shred of evidence away from believing. With both alien visitation and god. Neither side has delivered.
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
10-09-2015, 01:09 PM
(10-09-2015 12:54 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 08:57 AM)Free Wrote:  It's merely about possibilities, not conclusiveness.

This is complete and utter bullshit. You are trying to argue that things for which there is zero evidence, and zero reason, which are advocated by nobody but nut jobs and conspiracy theorists, are "possible." What's the fucking point?

This is complete and utter bullshit. You are trying to argue that things for which there is some evidence and plenty of reasons which are advocated by numerous scientists, astronauts, military personnel, defence ministers etc are not possible. What's the fucking point?

See how this works?

We can do this all day.

Bowing

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
10-09-2015, 01:12 PM
(10-09-2015 12:49 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 12:22 PM)Free Wrote:  The difference between all that you posted above and what I am saying is that we have reason to believe in the possible existence of non human intelligent life.

But not to believe that non-human intelligent life has visited Earth.

Stop equivocating.

(10-09-2015 12:41 PM)Free Wrote:  Can they all describe their experience exactly the same? Will they all tell you what God looked like and the descriptions be virtually identical? Would their experiences be all at the same time, in the same location, with absolutely no preconceived beliefs about their God?

This doesn't happen for proponents of alien visitation, either.

Even if it does, again, the absolute best that you are left with is "we don't know, therefore aliens".

It's idiotic.

(10-09-2015 12:43 PM)Free Wrote:  Dude, I will give you a chance to not make an annoyance of yourself before I simply ignore you on my ignore list.

The next thing you say to me will determine it one way or another.

This is possibly the most hilariously pathetic threat I've ever seen.

I'm still here mate I'm not gonna be shut down like some little kid I'm actually still really enjoying the thread inspite of some unpleasantness. Smile
10-09-2015, 01:14 PM
(10-09-2015 01:09 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm one credible shred of evidence away from believing. With both alien visitation and god. Neither side has delivered.

If alien visitation was confirmed, you wouldn't be a believer at all. You would be a "knower."

I am a believer in the possibility for sure, but I am not a knower.

10-09-2015, 01:19 PM
(10-09-2015 01:14 PM)Free Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 01:09 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm one credible shred of evidence away from believing. With both alien visitation and god. Neither side has delivered.

If alien visitation was confirmed, you wouldn't be a believer at all. You would be a "knower."

I think where the disagreement comes from is I prefer to go with most reasonable explanation first

I totally agree that people see things they don't understand. I am unwilling to entertain something outlandish over the plausible until solid evidenced is presented.

You're right. I'm a knower. As has been said by far smarter people than myself: I want to believe as many truths as possible.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
10-09-2015, 01:26 PM
(10-09-2015 01:04 PM)Free Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 12:49 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Perhaps we should just shake hands and leave each other alone we clearly don't get on.

But we can get along. All it takes is basically having a mature discussion. I am always for respecting others and having them respect me. If they do not respect me, I have no use for them in my life at all.

So all I am saying is ... chill ... it's just a discussion among people who have varying degrees of belief and confidence in a subject, depending upon the experience and experiences of the persons involved.

It doesn't need to be a matter of "You are wrong and I am right."
Fair comment mate I notice you say possible I like possible I can work with possibility of almost anything it just wasn't immediately clear to me that you were talking in terms of possibility clearly you are not a tinfoil hatter sorry for making fun of you in that respect
10-09-2015, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2015 01:29 PM by Unbeliever.)
(10-09-2015 12:59 PM)Free Wrote:  "Very weak evidence?"

If you mean individual testimonies from people who make claims that defy nature, I see no evidence nor reason to accept those claims at all.

[Image: mlfw10043-appleponi_intensified.gif]

(10-09-2015 01:09 PM)Free Wrote:  This is complete and utter bullshit. You are trying to argue that things for which there is some

None.

(10-09-2015 01:09 PM)Free Wrote:  evidence and plenty

None.

(10-09-2015 01:09 PM)Free Wrote:  of reasons which are advocated by numerous

A handful of nutjobs who fail to produce the aforementioned evidence.

(10-09-2015 01:09 PM)Free Wrote:  scientists, astronauts, military personnel, defence ministers etc are not possible.

No. We argue that there is no evidence to say that they are actually true.

It is also true that even the possibility of the posited explanation has yet to be established, because the posited explanation is incoherent. It is no more concretely defined than wizards, souls, or gods, and is thus only "possible" in the absolute loosest sense of the word.

This, however, is tangential. In the sense you are using it, "possible" is pointless to discuss, because everything is "possible". What we care about is what is rational.

(10-09-2015 01:09 PM)Free Wrote:  We can do this all day.

Quite.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post
10-09-2015, 01:31 PM
(10-09-2015 01:19 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 01:14 PM)Free Wrote:  If alien visitation was confirmed, you wouldn't be a believer at all. You would be a "knower."

I think where the disagreement comes from is I prefer to go with most reasonable explanation first

I totally agree that people see things they don't understand. I am unwilling to entertain something outlandish over the plausible.

Perhaps it's a matter of perspective.

I find absolutely nothing outlandish about non human intelligent life visiting earth. In fact, I see it as inevitable that we will eventually find some kind of an alien life form- intelligent or otherwise- possibly right here in our own solar system. In fact, we have scientists at this very moment looking for it.

Read This.

Why do you think they are spending hundreds of millions of dollars looking for intelligent alien life? They wouldn't do that if they didn't believe in the possibility that it exists.

There are many reasons why so many influential people believe in the existence of non human intelligent life, and if we can believe in the possibility that it exists, then that alone opens the door to accept as possible- however remote- that the very same alien life we believe could possibly exist could also possibly be visiting earth, and may already have done so according to the history of this subject.

So to me at least, I see nothing outlandish in my position at all. Sure, it's speculative, but I wouldn't be speculating about it and stating possibilities about it if i didn't think there was any evidence at all to support it.

There is some historical evidence, and although it is not physical aside from some old photos, and no aliens are landing on the White House lawn, my experience with this subject will undoubtedly lead me to have a higher degree of confidence in that possibility than you will.

I can't explain it any better than that.