UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2015, 04:34 PM
RE: UFO Disclosure
12 honest men huh? Funny that. I think Mormons have some lil' preface in their lil' book of words about 3 honest men and then 10 honest men who all swear right truly that the words herein are true.

Your judgement of probability I dispute. Given that we know of no indisputably alien technological object, to conclude that it is natural or man-made, or a mass-hallucination as a phenomenon must be assigned a far higher probability.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
10-09-2015, 04:35 PM
Also how have you decided that these blokes aren't lying?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-09-2015, 04:42 PM
(10-09-2015 04:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  Also how have you decided that these blokes aren't lying?

It's actually very elaborate.

You see, i am just quoting the 12 most credible witnesses, and most of those didn't even know each other. But the fact is, there are many many more, and virtually none know each other.

You're a smart guy, so you will get this in a heart beat.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
10-09-2015, 04:59 PM
(10-09-2015 03:05 PM)Free Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 02:57 PM)morondog Wrote:  With you this far.

What value would you put on that possibility? Remote, improbable but believable, 50/50, more likely than not, or practical certainty?

IMO, what I've seen so far, when I actually cared to read up on this stuff in the long long ago, all that guff you just typed about confirmation bias and ghost sitings applies very neatly to alien visitations. So I rate it about as probable as that I am the uncrowned long lost rightful king of Atlantis.

If the object was real, I can break it down like this:

Was it imagination? 1%
Was it a lie? 1%
Was it a hoax? 1%
Was it mass hallucination? 1%
Was it man-made? 40%
Was it alien? 20%
Was it various other? 36%?

At the end of the day I conclude that the aviation experts witnessed an unknown aircraft that performed far beyond anything known to them.

Directly over a passenger terminal?
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
10-09-2015, 05:04 PM
(10-09-2015 04:59 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 03:05 PM)Free Wrote:  If the object was real, I can break it down like this:

Was it imagination? 1%
Was it a lie? 1%
Was it a hoax? 1%
Was it mass hallucination? 1%
Was it man-made? 40%
Was it alien? 20%
Was it various other? 36%?

At the end of the day I conclude that the aviation experts witnessed an unknown aircraft that performed far beyond anything known to them.

Directly over a passenger terminal?

Over C-17

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
10-09-2015, 05:09 PM
Just a quick question for Free.

How does one suppose these objects/vehicles arrive within Earth's atmosphere?

Will set up a comfy corner when I have more time. Smile
10-09-2015, 05:13 PM
The following is an actual video from that day which has a conversation between a pilot flying at 35000 feet and the tower, near Chicago O'Hare Airport, near the time of the mass sighting. He reports a UFO, with video. This comes from the Operations center:

10-09-2015, 05:14 PM
(10-09-2015 05:09 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Just a quick question for Free.

How does one suppose these objects/vehicles arrive within Earth's atmosphere?

Will set up a comfy corner when I have more time. Smile

I really don't know. We can only speculate.

10-09-2015, 06:10 PM
(10-09-2015 03:48 PM)Free Wrote:  I have already discussed why I believe the alien explanation is possible numerous times here

And failed to give a sufficient justification every time.

More than that, you are still outright lying about your position. You are not arguing that alien visitation is a possibility. You claim that you have evidence that it has actually happened, and that concluding that it has occurred is a rational thing to do.

(10-09-2015 02:49 PM)Free Wrote:  And considering what we know about man-made craft and their capabilities, we do not have anything known that could perform like the craft that was described.

We also have no evidence that what was described was actually a craft, behaved in any way like what was described, or even existed in the first place.

(10-09-2015 04:28 PM)Free Wrote:  I can accept this as reasonable, but what i wanted was some kind of evidence to support it; evidence that supports the performance of the aircraft.

...he said, somehow managing to keep a straight face while in the same breath speculating about space wizards with any ad hoc powers required.

(10-09-2015 04:28 PM)Free Wrote:  The problem i have with this though, is again the performance of what was seen.

You continue to assume that the reports given are accurate.

You have no evidence to back this up other than the reports themselves and your own stubborn refusal to accept that they could be anything other than accurate.

This is not sufficient.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 5 users Like Unbeliever's post
10-09-2015, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2015 06:55 PM by Free.)
The following is a partial transcript and video from CNN which interviewed a Chicago O'Hare Airport aircraft mechanic named "Joe," who asked to stay anonymous to protect his job and to avoid ridicule:

'Joe', Airplane Mechanic: "It was definitely not my imagination."

'Joe', Airplane Mechanic: "I've been at O'Hare for quite some time. And let's just say that I've never seen an object in my time that looked like this. And I'll tell you it definitely was not an airplane as we know it."

Interviewer: "Other witnesses told an organization called the National UFO Reporting Center that the object eventually shot straight up in the sky at a great rate of speed."

'Joe', Airplane Mechanic: "It looked like someone literally had poked a hole in the clouds, just a round hole."

Interviewer: "You don't believe it was a weather phenomenon?"

'Joe', Airplane Mechanic: "Not at all. Not for a minute."

Joe positively eliminates his imagination, weather phenomenon, and any aircraft known to him with complete assuredness.

Here's the video: