UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2015, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2015 07:25 AM by Free.)
RE: UFO Disclosure
(11-09-2015 02:28 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 06:50 PM)Free Wrote:  Interviewer: "You don't believe it was a weather phenomenon?"

'Joe', Airplane Mechanic: "Not at all. Not for a minute."

Joe positively eliminates his imagination, weather phenomenon, and any aircraft known to him with complete assuredness.

No, Joe does not eliminate those possibilities except for himself. He makes assertions only about what he believes is true.

His assuredness about weather phenomena is misplaced.

Joe's assuredness is not evidence.

Hence why I said, "Joe eliminates ...

His testimony is evidence, wholly. To an impartial judge, Joe's confidence is acknowledged. If Joe said something to the effect of, "I'm pretty sure," would the judge then take into consideration Joe's lack of confidence? Sure he would, because that is the reasonable thing to do. Therefore, when Joe demonstrates confidence in his position, the judge may equally view it as positive confirmation due to Joe's level of confidence. That is an equally reasonable thing for a judge to do.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2015, 07:25 AM
(11-09-2015 07:09 AM)Free Wrote:  So before you think I am somehow running away from that fallacious and intellectually dishonest fuckwad due to your foolhardy insistence regarding any supposed quality of his posts, perhaps you should give me one good reason I should take his faulty fucking claims seriously enough to not ignore him?

If he's got you fooled, then you are as fucking stupid as he is.

Big Grin

You're not exactly adding to your own credibility, amigo. If you took him off ignore and read his posts he's made some cogent points, which if you fail to address, only weaken your case further.

Not that I think you can address them... Your whole argument so far seems to amount to "but you can't rule out aliens *absolutely*". Which is about as weak as it gets...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-09-2015, 07:26 AM
(11-09-2015 07:21 AM)Free Wrote:  His testimony is evidence, wholly. To an impartial judge, Joe's confidence is acknowledged.

Maybe in some third world backwater.

Otherwise the native judge would follow the laws of that particular country.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-09-2015, 07:29 AM
(11-09-2015 07:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 07:09 AM)Free Wrote:  So before you think I am somehow running away from that fallacious and intellectually dishonest fuckwad due to your foolhardy insistence regarding any supposed quality of his posts, perhaps you should give me one good reason I should take his faulty fucking claims seriously enough to not ignore him?

If he's got you fooled, then you are as fucking stupid as he is.

Big Grin

You're not exactly adding to your own credibility, amigo. If you took him off ignore and read his posts he's made some cogent points, which if you fail to address, only weaken your case further.

Not that I think you can address them... Your whole argument so far seems to amount to "but you can't rule out aliens *absolutely*". Which is about as weak as it gets...

If he decides that he will be civil, mature, and stops his bullshit fallacies, I will remove him from ignore.

I absolutely fucking hate when people use too many logical fallacies in their discussions. We see theists do it all the time, and we nail them for it, so seeing an atheist do it is doubly aggravating because we should reasonably expect them to not be such fucking hypocrites.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
11-09-2015, 07:30 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2015 07:35 AM by Free.)
(11-09-2015 07:26 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 07:21 AM)Free Wrote:  His testimony is evidence, wholly. To an impartial judge, Joe's confidence is acknowledged.

Maybe in some third world backwater.

Otherwise the native judge would follow the laws of that particular country.

Can you acknowledge the following as having a point?

If Joe said something to the effect of, "I'm pretty sure," would the judge then take into consideration Joe's lack of confidence? Sure he would, because that is the reasonable thing to do. Therefore, when Joe demonstrates confidence in his position, the judge may equally view it as positive confirmation due to Joe's level of confidence. That is an equally reasonable thing for a judge to do.

So am I on point?

11-09-2015, 07:35 AM
(11-09-2015 07:29 AM)Free Wrote:  I absolutely fucking hate when people use too many logical fallacies in their discussions. We see theists do it all the time, and we nail them for it, so seeing an atheist do it is doubly aggravating because we should reasonably expect them to not be such fucking hypocrites.

I dispute that he has committed fallacies. I assert that *you* love your conclusion so much that you can't see the weakness in your own logic.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
11-09-2015, 07:38 AM
(11-09-2015 07:35 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 07:29 AM)Free Wrote:  I absolutely fucking hate when people use too many logical fallacies in their discussions. We see theists do it all the time, and we nail them for it, so seeing an atheist do it is doubly aggravating because we should reasonably expect them to not be such fucking hypocrites.

I dispute that he has committed fallacies. I assert that *you* love your conclusion so much that you can't see the weakness in your own logic.

You can dispute all you want, those fallacies are numerous. Chas himself has pointed out twice where he uses faulty reasoning, and Unbeliever- after I neg repped him- himself acknowledged it in his neg rep of me.

My neg rep: "Too many fucking logical fallacies and attempts to ridicule."

His neg rep in retaliation: "Fallacious reasoning is one thing. Arrogance and attempts to use the ignore list as a rather pathetic threat are entirely another."

He acknowledges what I said in my neg rep, and then neg reps me for supposedly my "Arrogance and attempts to use the ignore list as a rather pathetic threat."

11-09-2015, 07:39 AM
(11-09-2015 07:30 AM)Free Wrote:  Can you acknowledge the following as having a point?

If Joe said something to the effect of, "I'm pretty sure," would the judge then take into consideration Joe's lack of confidence? Sure he would, because that is the reasonable thing to do. Therefore, when Joe demonstrates confidence in his position, the judge may equally view it as positive confirmation due to Joe's level of confidence. That is an equally reasonable thing for a judge to do.

No, I am unable to confirm this. I am not a legal professional. I understand though that in order for a case to be closed evidence is required. You are simply trying to use hearsay. This is what the xians do all the time. How often do they cite eyewitness testimony only to be lambasted by rationalists on a forum such as this.

It is good to be open minded. Dangerous when the mind is gaping though. One must be careful. And we require evidence. This seems to be how most of the atheist members brains work.

You should be aware of this Free, you have many posts under your belt. To come here and argue a case without proof is a sure sign of acting in a pointless manner. So often xians and others try that here. It will never work.

Now if you have real evidence, not just hearsay, please show us. If not, give it away. You are wasting every body's time. Including your own.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
11-09-2015, 07:45 AM
(11-09-2015 07:39 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 07:30 AM)Free Wrote:  Can you acknowledge the following as having a point?

No, I am unable to confirm this. I am not a legal professional. I understand though that in order for a case to be closed evidence is required. You are simply trying to use hearsay. This is what the xians do all the time. How often do they cite eyewitness testimony only to be lambasted by rationalists on a forum such as this.

It is good to be open minded. Dangerous when the mind is gaping though. One must be careful. And we require evidence. This seems to be how most of the atheist members brains work.

You should be aware of this Free, you have many posts under your belt. To come here and argue a case without proof is a sure sign of acting in a pointless manner. So often xians and others try that here. It will never work.

Now if you have real evidence, not just hearsay, please show us. If not, give it away. You are wasting every body's time. Including your own.

Hearsay is not what evidence I am supplying here. Hearsay implies a verbal repeating of something previously said, and that is not the evidence here.

Multiple Eyewitness testimonials is what I am talking about, and in any civilized court it is always considered to be "oral evidence." If this is not evidence , then cases of sexual harassment convictions based upon multiple eyewitness testimony only would never have resulted in a conviction.

So yes, it IS evidence.

11-09-2015, 07:47 AM
I am sorry mate. Your text is all jumbled on my screen and I am unable to read it.

Now I look more closely, my text has become your signature.

Banjo.