UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2015, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2015 10:59 AM by adey67.)
RE: UFO Disclosure
(11-09-2015 10:46 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 10:40 AM)adey67 Wrote:  He seems a nice enough fellow, a touch intimidating to us relative newcomers but not a tinfoil hatter I don't think. I don't agree with him and I'm surprised to see an atheist act in this manner I just find him a little confusing, one post says aliens have visited or are very likely to have visited then another says alien life is a possibility first I thought it was me getting things wrong but I'm sure now that this is the case. I probably should have stood up for myself a bit more but having messed up on tta once before I am reluctant to make any further mistakes and thus err on the side of caution. I have no ill will towards him though.

As an informal academic he has a lot of time and effort invested in his viewpoints, and thus comes across as "thorny" on a few issues.

Uh- and now I hafta go find out where you messed up. Big Grin
No need I'll tell you I was drinking and mentally fucked and I totally slagged off nurse for absolutely no reason at all. Poor thing didn't deserve any of it I got treated and made a firm resolution never to behave like that again. Amazingly she has forgiven me but then that's the sort of person she is and why folks love her! Can totally understand the academic thing if you work hard on something its hard to see others rubbish it or even give you a hard time and ti be honest I did mock him somewhat which wasn't fair really.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
11-09-2015, 11:04 AM
(11-09-2015 10:51 AM)adey67 Wrote:  No need I'll tell you I was drinking and mentally fucked and I totally slagged off nurse for absolutely no reason at all. Poor thing didn't deserve any of it I got treated and made a firm resolution never to behave like that again. Amazingly she has forgiven me but then that's the sort of person she is and why folks love her!

I already found it. Evil_monster

Another example of how the reputation system sucks ass <- see how I inserted my agenda right in there? Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2015, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2015 11:20 AM by Free.)
(11-09-2015 09:25 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 09:17 AM)unfogged Wrote:  The only way to get through Free's argument is the liberal use of "On Error Resume Next"

My assumption is that he's just too close to the subject matter for objectivity. Undecided

On my very first post on this forum I stated very clearly what my position was on the existence of intelligent extraterrestrial life.

Where you see a remote possibility, I see a greater probability. Why do you think that is?

You may say, "Well you are predisposed to believe in this sort of thing," and I will answer, "Yes, but why?"

Experience.

I have reviewed literally thousands of the most credible and yet unexplained claims of alien visitations ever reported. In all of these unexplained claims, there were multiple witnesses and they were highly credible.

I have studied the history of UFO reports which go back to long before the words "flying saucer" and UFO were ever coined.

I have examined many old photographs that have never been debunked.

I have interviewed claimants myself, including two police officers, and found them to be exceptionally credible.

And personally, I am one of 6 witnesses who witnessed a definite yet unidentified aircraft up close and personal back in the early-mid 1970s. This aircraft was virtually identical in description to the Chicago O'Hare incident, and it's performance was exactly as they described; earth to orbit in 2 seconds, blowing a circular hole in the sky in front of all of us. This aircraft was hovering directly over our houses, no more than 40 feet above. I could have thrown a rock and hit it.

You have reason to be highly doubtful, but I have reason to not be so doubtful.

Experience in this issue does matter. It will affect the way you evaluate things and understand things, just like it does in any number of other things. But also, it trains you to be honestly sceptical about such claims, which is exactly why I never post any recent YouTube videos as there are so many hoaxes these days as to render them all inadequate.

But there are many UFO reports that nobody here, or anywhere, can rationally explain away with any degree of accuracy whatsoever.

Here, with Chicago O'Hare, 12 very credible witnesses (and dozens others), from various locations, all identified an aircraft of unknown origin, that could perform far beyond any known human capabilities.

And that is exceptional.

So yes, I am predisposed, but experience is the reason.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
11-09-2015, 11:25 AM
(11-09-2015 11:09 AM)Free Wrote:  So yes, I am predisposed, but experience is the reason.

Glad you posted that, for the n00bs and stuff. I actually find you to be credible witness. Even if we don't agree.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
11-09-2015, 11:26 AM
(11-09-2015 11:04 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 10:51 AM)adey67 Wrote:  No need I'll tell you I was drinking and mentally fucked and I totally slagged off nurse for absolutely no reason at all. Poor thing didn't deserve any of it I got treated and made a firm resolution never to behave like that again. Amazingly she has forgiven me but then that's the sort of person she is and why folks love her!

Another example of how the reputation system sucks ass <- see how I inserted my agenda right in there? Big Grin

Lols I still feel awful about it but I am hopeful that an honest admission of wrongdoing and a genuine desire to change and be a kinder person will prevail
11-09-2015, 11:38 AM
(11-09-2015 07:45 AM)Free Wrote:  Hearsay is not what evidence I am supplying here. Hearsay implies a verbal repeating of something previously said, and that is not the evidence here.

Multiple Eyewitness testimonials is what I am talking about, and in any civilized court it is always considered to be "oral evidence." If this is not evidence , then cases of sexual harassment convictions based upon multiple eyewitness testimony only would never have resulted in a conviction.

So yes, it IS evidence.

In a court of law, eyewitness testimony is given less weight than physical evidence, and rightfully so.

Also, there are no "sexual harassment" convictions. It is not a crime.
11-09-2015, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2015 11:50 AM by adey67.)
(11-09-2015 11:04 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

Great to find someone else who doesn't like the rep system I thought it was just me being anal but to me it throws up a great many questions like division of worth etc
11-09-2015, 12:19 PM
"I don't know therefore I do" is a goddamn awful argument when theists try it, and it's a goddamn awful argument when Free tries it.

He demonstrably doesn't listen to the counter-arguments, either.

... this is my signature!
11-09-2015, 12:22 PM
(11-09-2015 11:38 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 07:45 AM)Free Wrote:  Hearsay is not what evidence I am supplying here. Hearsay implies a verbal repeating of something previously said, and that is not the evidence here.

Multiple Eyewitness testimonials is what I am talking about, and in any civilized court it is always considered to be "oral evidence." If this is not evidence , then cases of sexual harassment convictions based upon multiple eyewitness testimony only would never have resulted in a conviction.

So yes, it IS evidence.

In a court of law, eyewitness testimony is given less weight than physical evidence, and rightfully so.

Of course it does, but my whole point here was to have people acknowledge that oral evidence is, in fact, actual evidence. That's really the whole point of this part of the discussion, and I have no idea why it had to go on as long as it did.

Quote:Also, there are no "sexual harassment" convictions. It is not a crime.

That depends which country you live in.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
11-09-2015, 12:24 PM
(11-09-2015 12:19 PM)cjlr Wrote:  "I don't know therefore I do" is a goddamn awful argument when theists try it, and it's a goddamn awful argument when Free tries it.

He demonstrably doesn't listen to the counter-arguments, either.

Meh ...

More of your bullshit. But carry on, it can get entertaining.

Big Grin