13-09-2015, 09:41 AM
RE: UFO Disclosure

I'm entertained. Here's some more entertainment:

http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=12417

My conclusion? Some joint CIA-military shenanigans. Dodgy

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2015, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2015 10:02 AM by Free.)
(13-09-2015 09:41 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

I'm entertained. Here's some more entertainment:

http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=12417

My conclusion? Some joint CIA-military shenanigans. Dodgy

That is actually my most possible position on it.

The following is one of only a small handful of "possible" photos of the object. This particular one is, according to witnesses, the best and most credible photo they have seen of the object and its precise location:

[Image: sUUyG23.jpg]

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
13-09-2015, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2015 10:19 AM by houseofcantor.)
It was broken so i fixed it. Wink Edited for spoiler tags as Free's image occasionally works. Undecided

living word
13-09-2015, 10:03 AM
(13-09-2015 10:00 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It was broken so i fixed it. Wink

Funny it worked at the beginning, and then stopped.

Thanks.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
13-09-2015, 10:08 AM
(13-09-2015 10:03 AM)Free Wrote:  
(13-09-2015 10:00 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It was broken so i fixed it. Wink

Funny it worked at the beginning, and then stopped.

Thanks.

Huh. Now it's working for me. Undecided

Silly internet.

living word
13-09-2015, 10:15 AM
(13-09-2015 09:48 AM)Free Wrote:  The following is one of only a small handful of "possible" photos of the object. This particular one is, according to witnesses, the best and most credible photo they have seen of the object and its precise location:

It's hilarious enough that even you admit that this is only a "possible" photograph, and that it's literally just a picture of a cloudy sky with a water droplet on the lens, but the real icing on the cake is that you're taking an image from AboveTopSecret.com seriously.

Above Top Secret.

For those who haven't heard of it before, ATS is pretty much the cesspool of the internet conspiracy nutter crowd. It's a playground for David Icke followers, 9/11 holographic-plane theorists, Holocaust deniers, government chemtrail whistleblowers, and those who are fighting the good fight against the reptilian overlords.

And I thought it was hilarious when you went to an apologetics website to try and prop up your nonsense.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post
13-09-2015, 10:22 AM
(13-09-2015 10:15 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  For those who haven't heard of it before, ATS is pretty much the cesspool of the internet conspiracy nutter crowd.

I disagree. I've read plenty of debunking happening there. They're willing to tackle topics most places consider absurd, but hey, if you have an off-the-wall question, it ain't a bad place to look for some kind of answer.

living word
13-09-2015, 10:27 AM
(13-09-2015 10:22 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(13-09-2015 10:15 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  For those who haven't heard of it before, ATS is pretty much the cesspool of the internet conspiracy nutter crowd.

I disagree. I've read plenty of debunking happening there. They're willing to tackle topics most places consider absurd, but hey, if you have an off-the-wall question, it ain't a bad place to look for some kind of answer.

Yep, it's a great debunking website. I don't spend a lot of time there due to so many nutters with completely ridiculous claims, but some information posted there is credible.

13-09-2015, 10:34 AM
(13-09-2015 10:22 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I disagree. I've read plenty of debunking happening there.

Yes, because ATS attracts the occasional sane person in the same way that the old James Randi Educational Foundation forums, dedicated to skepticism and rationality, attract conspiracy theorists. I actually used to post there myself.

But the site itself caters to the absolute craziest of the crazies, and there isn't a conspiracy theory too insane for them to plug. If the best source that you can find is a photograph they're hosting on the main site, chances are you're off the deep end a bit.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 4 users Like Unbeliever's post
13-09-2015, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2015 03:16 PM by Free.)
I have removed Unbeliever from ignore, and removed the neg rep.

Now i will show you why you were ignored and neg repped in the 1st place:

Misrepresentation:

Unbeliever Wrote:And this is what you are doing when you posit alien visitation as a possible cause for the sightings of unidentified flying objects.

"We don't know, therefore aliens" is no different from "we don't know, therefore God".

In the same quote above, you acknowledge my position as me stating a possibility in the first part of my quote, but then your statement in the bottom part wrongfully portrays my views by making it appear as though I am positively saying, "We don't know, but it's aliens."

You wrongfully ascribed a God of the Gaps to my position as if my position was one of a positive claim of conclusiveness, when my position clearly demonstrates a position based only upon possibilities.

And that is exactly why you were accused of misrepresenting my position.

Next ...

False Comparison:

The following is the post from you in which frustrated me once again with your liberal use of false comparisons:

(10-09-2015 11:43 AM)Free Wrote:  
(10-09-2015 11:40 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  No, it isn't.

And yet another false comparison? When do your fucking fallacies end? Did you even read that site to notice how they are speaking of individual testimonies and testimonies predisposed with beliefs in the first place?

If this is the kind of bullshit you are going to argue and waste my time with, we are done here.

Let's look at the information in the link you provided to demonstrate the false comparison:

Quote:"Sincere and vivid accounts of one’s encounter with an angel or the Virgin Mary, an alien, a ghost, a Bigfoot, a child claiming to have lived before, purple auras around dying patients, a miraculous dowser, a levitating guru, or a psychic surgeon are of little value in establishing the reasonableness of believing in such matters."

The first thing that we see is the fact that the definition on the page described an experience unique to a singular individual with the words "of one's.". This cannot compare to 12 or more individuals as per my position.

Continuing on that site we see ...

Quote:If others cannot experience the same thing under the same conditions, then there will be no way to verify the experience.

If others can experience the same thing, then it is possible to make a test of the testimonial and determine whether the claim based on it is worthy of belief.

We clearly see where your assertion and attempt to understate my position comes completely unravelled by your own link. The information in your own link demonstrates that if there were others who experienced the same thing under the same conditions, then verification of the event would either be made, or at the very least, made possible. Remember, we have at least 12 credible witnesses, not just one.

Therefore, your understanding of the value of anecdotal evidence is completely wrong according to your own link, which you probably didn't even bother to fully read.

Hence, you attempted another false comparison- after I warned you about the first couple- which is precisely why you were ignored and neg repped.

Like anyone else, I take offence when my views are misrepresented, or when users constantly attempt to impress the gallery with false comparisons that they "hope" will not be exposed.

So, Unbeliever, giving you the benefit of the doubt that it was not your intention, if you would be so kind as to ensure that your research does not misrepresent my views and also research your comparisons so that they are not false, we may actually be capable of salvaging some semblance of decency in this discussion.

Thumbsup

And to the rest of you who were so certain that he was not incorrect by your demonstration of your support of him and your denigration of me, all I can say to you is that do not judge situations based upon anyone's word, but rather investigate the issue to verify the truth claim.

Otherwise you will make yourselves look ... "fucking retarded."

Big Grin