UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2015, 07:08 PM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(14-09-2015 06:49 PM)Free Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 06:44 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Oh for the love of...

That is the same damned fake UFO that has been circulating since I was a child. And I am now 51.

You mean their designs have not improved in over 40 years and are always photographed at the same angle???

It's long been considered a fake! Since I was a kid in fact.

Dude, the picture you see there is for illustrative purposes only. Watch the video, the picture isn't real.

Laugh out load

Then why post it and waste everyones time?

Real proof mate. Otherwise forget it.

I cannot understand why you do this???

You argue over mere possibilities as if they are fact. Why????

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2015, 07:11 PM
(14-09-2015 06:54 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 06:13 PM)Free Wrote:  Okay, I will ignore all ad homs

Said, apparently, without a trace of self-awareness.

(14-09-2015 06:13 PM)Free Wrote:  My problems with this are listed below:

1. This does not dismiss the triangulation issue, nor does it actually address it's findings.

Yes, it does. It states very clearly that those findings are meaningless because they are based on unsupported figures which are, at best, entirely speculative.

(14-09-2015 06:13 PM)Free Wrote:  3. It assumes the possibility that the witnesses were not actually witnesses to the event in support of the report, when there is no basis or reason to doubt that they weren't.

Save that they all refuse to let themselves be identified, and that alien visitation proponents - along with global warming denialists and similar types of pseudoscientific idiots - are known to lie through their teeth when it suits them.

But it is largely irrelevant, since, even assuming that they are all who they claim to be, there is still no evidence establishing that their accounts are accurate.

(14-09-2015 06:36 PM)Free Wrote:  If you go back to the Wiki site, you will find links to the article in the Chicago Tribune, as well as as a written commentary on the Wiki from the reporter who broke the story.

Not a single one of those links states that there were twelve witnesses.

Because there weren't.

The argument above assumes the following:

The identities of the 12 witness are unknown.

Their identities are in fact known, just not publicly. The evidence in this case indicates that these 12 professionals, and many other workers, were threatened with dismissal if they said anything about the UFO.

These witnesses and many others spoke with media outlets on the condition of anonymity and news of this story was actually surfacing on the internet within days of the event, 6 weeks before the story broke on the major news networks.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
14-09-2015, 07:14 PM
(14-09-2015 07:11 PM)Free Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 06:54 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Said, apparently, without a trace of self-awareness.

Yes, it does. It states very clearly that those findings are meaningless because they are based on unsupported figures which are, at best, entirely speculative.

Save that they all refuse to let themselves be identified, and that alien visitation proponents - along with global warming denialists and similar types of pseudoscientific idiots - are known to lie through their teeth when it suits them.

But it is largely irrelevant, since, even assuming that they are all who they claim to be, there is still no evidence establishing that their accounts are accurate.

Not a single one of those links states that there were twelve witnesses.

Because there weren't.

The argument above assumes the following:

Their identities are in fact known, just not publicly. The evidence in this case indicates that these 12 professionals, and many other workers, were threatened with dismissal if they said anything about the UFO.

These witnesses and many others spoke with media outlets on the condition of anonymity and news of this story was actually surfacing on the internet within days of the event, 6 weeks before the story broke on the major news networks.

No really guys I was there he totes translated those golden tablets with a seeing stone. You can completely trust Joseph Smith.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-09-2015, 07:16 PM
(14-09-2015 07:08 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 06:49 PM)Free Wrote:  Dude, the picture you see there is for illustrative purposes only. Watch the video, the picture isn't real.

Laugh out load

Then why post it and waste everyones time?

I am not arguing as if they are a fact, I am rather arguing only to increase the level of possibility.

I think this case is the best I have ever seen to possibly demonstrate an alien race, since the descriptions of the craft and its performance do not seem to match up with anything humans could create.

Remember, my first choice is that it was a man-made object of some sort, and even if it was just some kind of disc hanging out in the sky I wouldn't bat an eyelash about it.

But it's the described performance of the thing that holds me to the possibility of aliens.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
14-09-2015, 07:22 PM
(14-09-2015 07:11 PM)Free Wrote:  The argument above assumes the following:

That isn't an assumption.

(14-09-2015 07:11 PM)Free Wrote:  Their identities are in fact known, just not publicly.

"The identity of the murderer isn't unknown. The murderer knows."

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post
14-09-2015, 07:22 PM
(14-09-2015 07:16 PM)Free Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 07:08 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Then why post it and waste everyones time?

I am not arguing as if they are a fact, I am rather arguing only to increase the level of possibility.

But it's the described performance of the thing that holds me to the possibility of aliens.

I have a swamp I am trying to sell. Great future in swamps. Plenty of crocodiles. You wanna buy it?

Seriously mate, get your head together. You have a brain but it is as if you do not know how to distinguish what is real and what is not.

Why argue or debate over this? Why not wait for real facts? You're wasting your time.

I gave up looking at this thread because of that other idiot. Now you come along to take his place???

Seriously. Facepalm

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
14-09-2015, 07:24 PM
(14-09-2015 07:16 PM)Free Wrote:  I think this case is the best I have ever seen to possibly demonstrate an alien race, since the descriptions of the craft and its performance do not seem to match up with anything humans could create.

They are also irrelevant, since they cannot be shown to be accurate.

And there still aren't twelve witnesses.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
14-09-2015, 07:25 PM
(14-09-2015 07:11 PM)Free Wrote:  Their identities are in fact known....

Prove it.Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
14-09-2015, 07:30 PM
(14-09-2015 07:16 PM)Free Wrote:  But it's the described performance of the thing that holds me to the possibility of aliens.

All factors point to CIA-military bullshit. Over O'Hare? Now known cloaking technology? FAA mum? It's most likely some drone tech that'll be on the news for stirring up shit in the Middle East in a year or two. I'm not sure about everyone else, but for me, "aliens" amounts to a fraction of a not-worth-thinking-about percent. Undecided

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-09-2015, 07:34 PM
(14-09-2015 07:22 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 07:16 PM)Free Wrote:  I am not arguing as if they are a fact, I am rather arguing only to increase the level of possibility.

I have a swamp I am trying to sell. Great future in swamps. Plenty of crocodiles. You wanna buy it?

Seriously mate, get your head together. You have a brain but it is as if you do not know how to distinguish what is real and what is not.

Why argue or debate over this? Why not wait for real facts? You're wasting your time.

I gave up looking at this thread because of that other idiot. Now you come along to take his place???

Seriously. Facepalm

You can hold to you opinions, but I have very good reason to have a much higher degree of belief in the truth of this case than anyone else here could have.

Listed below is the very reason why I hold to these beliefs. Originally posted at the following link is the following:

That Damn UFO Thing.

It was mid to late May, 1973, and I was but a kid living in a very small village on a small island in Atlantic Canada. We had one television channel, CBC, and my uncle, brother and I were watching a hockey game on TV, since it was the NHL playoffs.

The 1st period of the game had just ended, and the TV suddenly went all "snowy." I was sitting beside a window, and I noticed that the ground outside seemed to be glowing an orange color. Then, I looked up ...

"Holy shit!" I said, and that was the 1st time I had ever used a swear word in front of my uncle. My uncle and brother both ran over to the window and looked up. I was so excited I ran outside, and there it was, big as hell.

This thing was at least 100 feet in diameter and was about 50 - 70 feet above the house, and also covered part of the neighbors' house. Being directly underneath it, I could see an outer metallic ring, while the inner part resembled something like liquid fire.

It made no sound. It just hung there for what seemed like about 30 seconds before it slowly started to float up the road. My uncle and brother were scared shitless and kept telling me to get back into the house, but I was so fascinated by this thing that I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

As it floated up the road, I could see that it had the common disc shape/flying saucer design often reported in the UFO community. Then, as it crossed the street at the end of our road (T intersection), it shot straight up so fast it blew a hole in the scattered clouds. Literally, it went from earth to orbit in about 1 second.

When it had disappeared, I noticed that the neighbors had also come outside to see it. In all, there were 6 of us who witnessed this thing.

Before that, I had never even heard the term "UFO" or "flying saucer." That kind of thing simply did not exist in the world I lived in, in a back water town that still had some homes with outhouses.

What was it? Did mankind have anything back in 1973 that could do what that thing did?

I cannot say for sure, but based upon what we know about our technology back in 1973 I would have to say that I am leaning towards that thing being extraterrestrial in nature.

And I have seen many more since. In fact, I see them frequently and I don't know why. Some close up, others at a distance. Some could be earthly, but a few ... well ... no god damn way.

Strange, but true.

This happened to me, my brother, my uncle, and 3 neighbours. This is exactly why I am so keenly interested in what happened at O'Hare. The description that those 12 witnesses made is virtually identical to what we seen.

This happened to me, and I can't do a damn thing about it.