UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2015, 07:59 PM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(14-09-2015 07:34 PM)Free Wrote:  This happened to me, and I can't do a damn thing about it.

Including actually demonstrating that it happened.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
14-09-2015, 08:02 PM
(14-09-2015 07:34 PM)Free Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 07:22 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I have a swamp I am trying to sell. Great future in swamps. Plenty of crocodiles. You wanna buy it?

Seriously mate, get your head together. You have a brain but it is as if you do not know how to distinguish what is real and what is not.

Why argue or debate over this? Why not wait for real facts? You're wasting your time.

I gave up looking at this thread because of that other idiot. Now you come along to take his place???

Seriously. Facepalm

You can hold to you opinions, but I have very good reason to have a much higher degree of belief in the truth of this case than anyone else here could have.

Listed below is the very reason why I hold to these beliefs. Originally posted at the following link is the following:

That Damn UFO Thing.

It was mid to late May, 1973, and I was but a kid living in a very small village on a small island in Atlantic Canada. We had one television channel, CBC, and my uncle, brother and I were watching a hockey game on TV, since it was the NHL playoffs.

The 1st period of the game had just ended, and the TV suddenly went all "snowy." I was sitting beside a window, and I noticed that the ground outside seemed to be glowing an orange color. Then, I looked up ...

"Holy shit!" I said, and that was the 1st time I had ever used a swear word in front of my uncle. My uncle and brother both ran over to the window and looked up. I was so excited I ran outside, and there it was, big as hell.

This thing was at least 100 feet in diameter and was about 50 - 70 feet above the house, and also covered part of the neighbors' house. Being directly underneath it, I could see an outer metallic ring, while the inner part resembled something like liquid fire.

It made no sound. It just hung there for what seemed like about 30 seconds before it slowly started to float up the road. My uncle and brother were scared shitless and kept telling me to get back into the house, but I was so fascinated by this thing that I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

As it floated up the road, I could see that it had the common disc shape/flying saucer design often reported in the UFO community. Then, as it crossed the street at the end of our road (T intersection), it shot straight up so fast it blew a hole in the scattered clouds. Literally, it went from earth to orbit in about 1 second.

When it had disappeared, I noticed that the neighbors had also come outside to see it. In all, there were 6 of us who witnessed this thing.

Before that, I had never even heard the term "UFO" or "flying saucer." That kind of thing simply did not exist in the world I lived in, in a back water town that still had some homes with outhouses.

What was it? Did mankind have anything back in 1973 that could do what that thing did?

I cannot say for sure, but based upon what we know about our technology back in 1973 I would have to say that I am leaning towards that thing being extraterrestrial in nature.

And I have seen many more since. In fact, I see them frequently and I don't know why. Some close up, others at a distance. Some could be earthly, but a few ... well ... no god damn way.

Strange, but true.

This happened to me, my brother, my uncle, and 3 neighbours. This is exactly why I am so keenly interested in what happened at O'Hare. The description that those 12 witnesses made is virtually identical to what we seen.

This happened to me, and I can't do a damn thing about it.

Got a photo? No photo, didn't happen. More likely your young mind did not understand what it was you saw.

Now ask yourself, which is more likely, aliens hovered above your house, or something natural you did not understand occured?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
14-09-2015, 08:07 PM
(14-09-2015 08:02 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Now ask yourself, which is more likely, aliens hovered above your house, or something natural you did not understand occured?

Or it was a dream.

Or there was genuinely something happening that none of them understood, but which was much less impressive in nature, and over the years and the retelling of the story, the fallibility of human memory set in and the recollections became warped as the sighting got more and more outlandish, with everyone fully believing all the while that they actually saw this new, more outrageous thing.

Or Free's memory of the event grew less and less accurate over the years even though he never spoke to anyone about it, simply because he stewed over the event for all that time.

Or he's simply lying.

Or any number of other things.

This is why anecdotes, as has been stated multiple times in this thread previously, are not evidence.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
[+] 4 users Like Unbeliever's post
14-09-2015, 08:12 PM
(14-09-2015 08:07 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 08:02 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Now ask yourself, which is more likely, aliens hovered above your house, or something natural you did not understand occured?

Or it was a dream.

Or there was genuinely something happening that none of them understood, but which was much less impressive in nature, and over the years and the retelling of the story, the fallibility of human memory set in and the recollections became warped as the sighting got more and more outlandish, with everyone fully believing all the while that they actually saw this new, more outrageous thing.

Or Free's memory of the event grew less and less accurate over the years even though he never spoke to anyone about it, simply because he stewed over the event for all that time.

Or he's simply lying.

Or any number of other things.

This is why anecdotes, as has been stated multiple times in this thread previously, are not evidence.

I agree. I had an eventful childhood and I forget what years certain things happened? Memory is inaccurate and anecdotes, unless highly amusing, are usually worthless in these cases.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
14-09-2015, 08:13 PM
(14-09-2015 08:02 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 07:34 PM)Free Wrote:  You can hold to you opinions, but I have very good reason to have a much higher degree of belief in the truth of this case than anyone else here could have.

Listed below is the very reason why I hold to these beliefs. Originally posted at the following link is the following:

That Damn UFO Thing.

It was mid to late May, 1973, and I was but a kid living in a very small village on a small island in Atlantic Canada. We had one television channel, CBC, and my uncle, brother and I were watching a hockey game on TV, since it was the NHL playoffs.

The 1st period of the game had just ended, and the TV suddenly went all "snowy." I was sitting beside a window, and I noticed that the ground outside seemed to be glowing an orange color. Then, I looked up ...

"Holy shit!" I said, and that was the 1st time I had ever used a swear word in front of my uncle. My uncle and brother both ran over to the window and looked up. I was so excited I ran outside, and there it was, big as hell.

This thing was at least 100 feet in diameter and was about 50 - 70 feet above the house, and also covered part of the neighbors' house. Being directly underneath it, I could see an outer metallic ring, while the inner part resembled something like liquid fire.

It made no sound. It just hung there for what seemed like about 30 seconds before it slowly started to float up the road. My uncle and brother were scared shitless and kept telling me to get back into the house, but I was so fascinated by this thing that I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

As it floated up the road, I could see that it had the common disc shape/flying saucer design often reported in the UFO community. Then, as it crossed the street at the end of our road (T intersection), it shot straight up so fast it blew a hole in the scattered clouds. Literally, it went from earth to orbit in about 1 second.

When it had disappeared, I noticed that the neighbors had also come outside to see it. In all, there were 6 of us who witnessed this thing.

Before that, I had never even heard the term "UFO" or "flying saucer." That kind of thing simply did not exist in the world I lived in, in a back water town that still had some homes with outhouses.

What was it? Did mankind have anything back in 1973 that could do what that thing did?

I cannot say for sure, but based upon what we know about our technology back in 1973 I would have to say that I am leaning towards that thing being extraterrestrial in nature.

And I have seen many more since. In fact, I see them frequently and I don't know why. Some close up, others at a distance. Some could be earthly, but a few ... well ... no god damn way.

Strange, but true.

This happened to me, my brother, my uncle, and 3 neighbours. This is exactly why I am so keenly interested in what happened at O'Hare. The description that those 12 witnesses made is virtually identical to what we seen.

This happened to me, and I can't do a damn thing about it.

Got a photo? No photo, didn't happen. More likely your young mind did not understand what it was you saw.

Now ask yourself, which is more likely, aliens hovered above your house, or something natural you did not understand occured?

We all know that any photo of any UFO is instantly met with "FAKE!" So a photo wouldn't make a bit of difference whatsoever.

I would rest more easily if my "young mind" merely did see something that it could not understand. But the thing is, when you see something like this, it scares the memory of it into your mind so hard that you never, ever, forget it.

That, and the fact that we all seen it. It scared my uncle badly. He wasn't really all that religious, but this thing scared him badly enough that he thought it was demonic. He wouldn't talk about it much after that, and didn't want me or my brother talking about it at all.

The old man next door who seen it said, "I don't think they are from around here," in jest, but indicating he knew "somebody" was operating that thing.

This was nothing naturally occurring. This was something all of us (except my uncle) later agreed upon as a craft of some kind, as it was so clearly visible as to not be any doubt about it.

It was what it was.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
14-09-2015, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2015 08:27 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(14-09-2015 07:16 PM)Free Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 07:08 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Then why post it and waste everyones time?

Real proof mate. Otherwise forget it.

I cannot understand why you do this???

You argue over mere possibilities as if they are fact. Why????

I am not arguing as if they are a fact, I am rather arguing only to increase the level of possibility.

I think this case is the best I have ever seen to possibly demonstrate an alien race, since the descriptions of the craft and its performance do not seem to match up with anything humans could create.

Remember, my first choice is that it was a man-made object of some sort, and even if it was just some kind of disc hanging out in the sky I wouldn't bat an eyelash about it.

But it's the described performance of the thing that holds me to the possibility of aliens.

Yet you have no idea how they could alter atmospheric physics, which is, you know, crucial to your hypothesis.

Have you looked into the g-forces or resistance involved in putting a 35' disc into orbit in two seconds? Broad face up, apparently?

What sort of energy might that maneuver require, and yet leave no trace? Any expenditure of energy leaves telltale marks -- heat, and/or noise. Were those reported? Was any propulsion/thrust source seen? Why no sound? Why no damage to the terminal underneath?

And -- why with all your experience are you overlooking such obvious questions?

Makes for a good album cover. Story? Not so much.

[Image: BostonBoston.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
14-09-2015, 08:15 PM
(14-09-2015 08:13 PM)Free Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 08:02 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Got a photo? No photo, didn't happen. More likely your young mind did not understand what it was you saw.

We all know that any photo of any UFO is instantly met with "FAKE!" So a photo wouldn't make a bit of difference whatsoever.

I would rest more easily if my "young mind" merely did see something that it could not understand. But the thing is, when you see something like this, it scares the memory of it into your mind so hard that you never, ever, forget it.

That, and the fact that we all seen it. It scared my uncle badly. He wasn't really all that religious, but this thing scared him badly enough that he thought it was demonic. He wouldn't talk about it much after that, and didn't want me or my brother talking about it at all.

The old man next door who seen it said, "I don't think they are from around here," in jest, but indicating he knew "somebody" was operating that thing.

This was nothing naturally occurring. This was something all of us (except my uncle) later agreed upon as a craft of some kind, as it was so clearly visible as to not be any doubt about it.

It was what it was.

Anecdote = worthless.

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
14-09-2015, 08:24 PM
(14-09-2015 08:13 PM)Free Wrote:  I would rest more easily if my "young mind" merely did see something that it could not understand. But the thing is, when you see something like this, it scares the memory of it into your mind so hard that you never, ever, forget it.

True, but misleading.

Strong emotion can ensure that you never forget that something happened, but it has actually been shown that strong emotion makes it harder to accurately remember the details of an event. Those present at traumatic events rarely produce accurate accounts of it later, and this only gets worse over time.

(14-09-2015 08:13 PM)Free Wrote:  It was what it was.

Yes.

And what it was was an unknown, which has since had years of your personal obsession and stewing over it to grow into something greater.

It is not, and has never been, evidence of alien visitation.

14-09-2015, 08:26 PM
(14-09-2015 08:14 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 07:16 PM)Free Wrote:  I am not arguing as if they are a fact, I am rather arguing only to increase the level of possibility.

I think this case is the best I have ever seen to possibly demonstrate an alien race, since the descriptions of the craft and its performance do not seem to match up with anything humans could create.

Remember, my first choice is that it was a man-made object of some sort, and even if it was just some kind of disc hanging out in the sky I wouldn't bat an eyelash about it.

But it's the described performance of the thing that holds me to the possibility of aliens.

Yet you have no idea how they could alter atmospheric physics, which is, you know, crucial to your hypothesis.

Have you looked into the g-forces or resistance involved in putting a 35' disc into orbit in two seconds? Broad face up, apparently?

What sort of energy might that maneuver require, and yet leave no trace? Any expenditure of energy leaves telltale marks -- heat, and/or noise. Were those reported? Was any propulsion/thrust source seen? Why no sound? Why no samage to the terminal underneath?

And -- why with all your experience are you overlooking such obvious questions?

Let me explain something to you, hypothetically.

Everything you said above is true according to human experience and technology. However, if aliens were to exist, we really cannot speak about what kind of technology they may possess.

They could be so technologically superior that we can't even begin to understand the physics they may have mastered.

As scary as this may sound, we humans may not be physically capable of producing the kind of intelligence required to understand some of the physics we are already aware of, let alone any physics we are not yet aware of.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
14-09-2015, 08:28 PM
(14-09-2015 08:15 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 08:13 PM)Free Wrote:  We all know that any photo of any UFO is instantly met with "FAKE!" So a photo wouldn't make a bit of difference whatsoever.

It was what it was.

Anecdote = worthless.

If you believe it is, then that's what it is to you. But that does not change my experience, and never will.