UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2015, 08:30 PM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(14-09-2015 08:26 PM)Free Wrote:  Let me explain something to you, hypothetically.

Everything you said above is true according to human experience and technology. However, if aliens were to exist, we really cannot speak about what kind of technology they may possess.

They could be so technologically superior that we can't even begin to understand the physics they may have mastered.

As scary as this may sound, we humans may not be physically capable of producing the kind of intelligence required to understand some of the physics we are already aware of, let alone any physics we are not yet aware of.

Let me explain something to you, hypothetically.

Everything you said above is true according to human experience and technology. However, if God were to exist, we really cannot speak about what kind of power He would possess.

He could be so universally superior that we can't even begin to understand the mighty spells He may have mastered.

As scary as this may sound, we humans may not be physically capable of producing the kind of intelligence required to understand some of the physics we are already aware of, let alone any physics we are not yet aware of.

...And therefore, wizards are a rational explanation for unknowns.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
14-09-2015, 08:32 PM
(14-09-2015 08:24 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  It is not, and has never been, evidence of alien visitation.

And stars and other objects all moving away from a seemingly central location is not, and has never been, evidence of a singularity that created the Big Bang.

Agreed?

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
14-09-2015, 08:39 PM
(14-09-2015 08:30 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 08:26 PM)Free Wrote:  Let me explain something to you, hypothetically.

Everything you said above is true according to human experience and technology. However, if aliens were to exist, we really cannot speak about what kind of technology they may possess.

They could be so technologically superior that we can't even begin to understand the physics they may have mastered.

Let me explain something to you, hypothetically.

Everything you said above is true according to human experience and technology. However, if God were to exist, we really cannot speak about what kind of power He would possess.

He could be so universally superior that we can't even begin to understand the mighty spells He may have mastered.

...And therefore, wizards are a rational explanation for unknowns.

Do we have any pictures of God from hundreds of different people in which they show this God looking pretty much the same in all those pictures? You know, at least to provide some degree of circumstantial evidence to support such a claim?

Can you please direct me to 12 witnesses who, by standing from different directions, and facing this god, could all give us a description of this God from their perspective without being caught lying about it?

No

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
14-09-2015, 08:40 PM
(14-09-2015 08:32 PM)Free Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 08:24 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  It is not, and has never been, evidence of alien visitation.

And stars and other objects all moving away from a seemingly central location is not, and has never been, evidence of a singularity that created the Big Bang.

Agreed?

You are aware which website you are on?

Please show us some respect.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
14-09-2015, 08:40 PM
(14-09-2015 08:28 PM)Free Wrote:  If you believe it is, then that's what it is to you. But that does not change my experience, and never will.

That is rather the point.

You are not rational when it comes to this subject, because you have innate biases based on something that you remember from your childhood. The fact that memory is fallible and that having multiple witnesses all feeding into one another's mania about it means that this recollection is likely wrong is both firmly established and fully applicable, but you don't care, because you made up your mind long ago and don't give a damn about being rational at this point.

This is why you so easily surrender to irrationality and credulousness on this subject. You have a preconceived idea of what you want the truth to be, so you are willing to set aside all usual standards and bend over backwards to allow any scrap of "evidence", no matter how worthless, in so long as it supports your position, while working just as hard to try and exclude everything that would indicate that you are wrong. The actual validity of the evidence does not matter to you, because you have already reached a conclusion. At this point, you are just shoring up your already-established beliefs, evidence be damned.

If you have any interest whatsoever in acting like a rational, intelligent human being, then I encourage you to sit down and examine your position objectively, because it really isn't tenable. On the one hand, you have an extremely suspect memory that's had years to fester and grow and a handful of unverified accounts tied together with fallacies. On the other, you have the entirety of rational thought.

There really isn't any contest.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
14-09-2015, 08:42 PM
(14-09-2015 08:40 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 08:32 PM)Free Wrote:  And stars and other objects all moving away from a seemingly central location is not, and has never been, evidence of a singularity that created the Big Bang.

Agreed?

You are aware which website you are on?

lol

I didn't think you would like that. It rather drives my point to close to home.

14-09-2015, 08:43 PM
(14-09-2015 08:32 PM)Free Wrote:  And stars and other objects all moving away from a seemingly central location is not, and has never been, evidence of a singularity that created the Big Bang.

Agreed?

You really have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. This sort of blatant dodge is just pathetic.

The Big Bang theory makes quite a lot of predictions, all of which fit the actual evidence in hand. Meanwhile, you have no evidence in favor of alien visitation - because, no matter how much you wish it were otherwise, a memory from your childhood is not evidence. And neither are the scattered and inconsistent accounts you so desperately dig up.

(14-09-2015 08:39 PM)Free Wrote:  Do we have any pictures of God from hundreds of different people in which they show this God looking pretty much the same in all those pictures? You know, at least to provide some degree of circumstantial evidence to support such a claim?

Can you please direct me to 12 witnesses who, by standing from different directions, and facing this god, could all give us a description of this God from their perspective without being caught lying about it?

No

Putting aside for the moment that people tend to give pretty similar descriptions of Jesus, as his picture is pretty widely available, there is a better question: can you do this for aliens?

A trick question, of course, as we know that the answer is "no". Again, at best what you get is an unknown.

And "we don't know" is still not equivalent to "it was aliens".

14-09-2015, 08:49 PM
(14-09-2015 08:43 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  

Agreed?

You really have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Whoa whoa whoa!

Hey now, you didn't think I would allow you to get away with this, did you?

So, tell me ...

Since seasoned professionals "eyewitnessed" these celestial objects all moving away from a central location, and then concluded that a singularity must have existed that created the Big Bang, then are you saying that this is by no means any kind of evidence to support belief in the Big Bang?

Just curious ...

Consider

14-09-2015, 08:50 PM
(14-09-2015 08:42 PM)Free Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 08:40 PM)Banjo Wrote:  You are aware which website you are on?

lol

I didn't think you would like that. It rather drives my point to close to home.

No it doesn't. It makes you look a damned fool in fact!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
14-09-2015, 08:54 PM
(14-09-2015 08:49 PM)Free Wrote:  Whoa whoa whoa!

Hey now, you didn't think I would allow you to get away with this, did you?

No, not really. You are eminently predictable.

This does not, however, mean that you are correct.

(14-09-2015 08:49 PM)Free Wrote:  Since seasoned professionals "eyewitnessed" these celestial objects all moving away from a central location, and then concluded that a singularity must have existed that created the Big Bang

And I even knew that your silly games would take this precise form. Really, you ought to try harder.

Trying to equivocate between objectively verified, evidence-supported scientific theories and anecdotes by playing word games with "eyewitnessed" isn't going to get you anywhere. The expanding universe is not just assertion. The evidence in support of it is readily available. It is not just a handful of scientists saying "I saw it you guys, trust me on this one". The fact that you are trying to equate the two would be humorous if it weren't so pathetically dishonest.

You also betray a complete lack of understanding of the way the Big Bang theory came about by asserting that it rests entirely on a single observation of the expanding universe, but that's rather beside the point.