UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2015, 03:12 AM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(15-09-2015 03:07 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I've tried to be open minded respectful and I have really had to stretch myself but this thread has just gone too batshit crazy now, I cant do it anymore my head hurts!!!

[Image: BangHeadHere_thumb%5B9%5D.gif?imgmax=800]

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-09-2015, 06:49 AM
(15-09-2015 12:52 AM)JonMJ33 Wrote:  Everyone seems to not value eyewitness testimony. They say it is not reliable. Ok sure eye witness accounts have been shown to be unreliable at times, but it has also been found to be reliable at other times. So do you throw the baby out with the bath water?
No you don't, you compare it to the physical evidence. The testable, falsifiable, demonstrable evidence. Got any? Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
15-09-2015, 06:55 AM
(15-09-2015 06:49 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  The testable, falsifiable, demonstrable evidence. Got any? Drinking Beverage

Yes, the eyewitness testimony Rolleyes Why don't you accept this? You can ask a guy if he's seen a UFO afterwards and *his answer won't change*. What's more testable than that? And I mean, the eyewitness should know better than anyone else if they saw a UFO or not, so much for demonstrability. Why would you want your evidence to be falsifiable? It's *true* so why should I waste time trying to see if it's false?

Ahem. [ /tinfoil hat]

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
15-09-2015, 07:05 AM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2015 07:30 AM by Free.)
(14-09-2015 08:54 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 08:49 PM)Free Wrote:  Since seasoned professionals "eyewitnessed" these celestial objects all moving away from a central location, and then concluded that a singularity must have existed that created the Big Bang

And I even knew that your silly games would take this precise form. Really, you ought to try harder.

Trying to equivocate between objectively verified, evidence-supported scientific theories and anecdotes by playing word games with "eyewitnessed" isn't going to get you anywhere. The expanding universe is not just assertion. The evidence in support of it is readily available. It is not just a handful of scientists saying "I saw it you guys, trust me on this one". The fact that you are trying to equate the two would be humorous if it weren't so pathetically dishonest.

You also betray a complete lack of understanding of the way the Big Bang theory came about by asserting that it rests entirely on a single observation of the expanding universe, but that's rather beside the point.

Let us get to the meat of this point, shall we? Yes, yes we shall! Start squirming, because we both know exactly where this is going.

Since all we have in regards to any kind of "evidence" to support belief in the Big Bang is "eyewitness" observations of objects in the universe moving away from what appears to be a central point, oh and maybe a couple of other things that seem to indicate as such ...

Are you now saying that what scientists observe- what they witness with their eyes; what they "eyewitness"- is anecdotal evidence?

Oh this is going to be good, isn't it?

So now, let's see how many of you Bandwagon bastards has got the stones to admit you were wrong about anecdotal evidence. I want a direct "yes" or "no" answer to that question above.

Let me see a show of hands children! What did you learn about anecdotal evidence today? How does it feel to be cornered into a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" position?

Popcorn

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
15-09-2015, 07:33 AM
(14-09-2015 08:49 PM)Free Wrote:  Let us get to the meat of this point, shall we? Yes, yes we shall! Start squirming, because we both know exactly where this is going.

Yes, we do.

And it's a very, very stupid place to go.

(14-09-2015 08:49 PM)Free Wrote:  Are you now saying that what scientists observe- what they witness with their eyes; what they "eyewitness"- is anecdotal evidence?

No.

Re-read the post you just ignored.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
15-09-2015, 07:34 AM
You really are an idiot Free. *Anyone* can *reproduce* the observations leading to the Big Bang theory, if they are so inclined. Observatories *routinely* confirm the redshift of galaxies, the cosmic microwave background radiation data observed from various space craft is *available*. People are free to challenge it's interpretation.

You are offering us handwavy "evidence" supplied by unnamed observers whom we must simply *trust* to be objective.

It's unbelievable that you would compare this to the well-supported evidence for the Big bang which can be *experimentally confirmed* by independent observations.

It does confirm however that your head is so far up your ass that even modern medicine cannot save you. I urge you to convert to some shitty religion, perhaps scientology, since they seem to align with your faith the best.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
15-09-2015, 07:38 AM
(15-09-2015 12:24 AM)JonMJ33 Wrote:  Baseless?
Stop lying.

Provide a base.

Nothing in the rest of your post is worth responding to, as it's all just attempts to ridicule and dismiss without actually presenting any evidence - that is, without actually establishing that you aren't just speculating baselessly.

Come back when you have some of that.

(15-09-2015 12:52 AM)JonMJ33 Wrote:  Everyone seems to not value eyewitness testimony. They say it is not reliable. Ok sure eye witness accounts have been shown to be unreliable at times, but it has also been found to be reliable at other times. So do you throw the baby out with the bath water?

Anecdotes have never been found to be reliable. Specific, single anecdotes can be shown to be accurate - but that's rather the crux of the issue. They have to be shown to be true.

Because we know that anecdotes are not reliable, any specific instance of them must be supported by actual evidence before we can accept it.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
15-09-2015, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2015 07:53 AM by Free.)
(15-09-2015 07:33 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 08:49 PM)Free Wrote:  Are you now saying that what scientists observe- what they witness with their eyes; what they "eyewitness"- is anecdotal evidence?

No.

Re-read the post you just ignored.

Your post was not ignored, because it doesn't answer the question.

But you said, "No," to the question of "is what scientists observe- what they witness with their eyes; what they "eyewitness"- is that anecdotal evidence?"

You have been demonstrably proven a hypocrite and a liar, for without scientists initially observing that objects in the universe are possibly moving away from a central location, there could be no belief in the Big Bang theory.

They based that theory off of what they observed; what they eye-witnessed. And then they set out to gather more evidence to support it. But even all the rest of the evidence they gathered comes from "observation," what they witness with their own two eyes.

You just got the wheels blown off your fucking Bandwagon, and it won't matter how you try to spin this, you're fucked.

[Image: wagonbroken.jpg]

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
15-09-2015, 07:47 AM
(15-09-2015 07:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  You really are an idiot Free. *Anyone* can *reproduce* the observations leading to the Big Bang theory, if they are so inclined. Observatories *routinely* confirm the redshift of galaxies, the cosmic microwave background radiation data observed from various space craft is *available*. People are free to challenge it's interpretation.

You are offering us handwavy "evidence" supplied by unnamed observers whom we must simply *trust* to be objective.

It's unbelievable that you would compare this to the well-supported evidence for the Big bang which can be *experimentally confirmed* by independent observations.

It does confirm however that your head is so far up your ass that even modern medicine cannot save you. I urge you to convert to some shitty religion, perhaps scientology, since they seem to align with your faith the best.

Just answer yes or no to my question so we all know where you stand.

Popcorn

15-09-2015, 07:51 AM
(15-09-2015 07:05 AM)Free Wrote:  So now, let's see how many of you Bandwagon bastards has got the stones to admit you were wrong about anecdotal evidence. I want a direct "yes" or "no" answer to that question above.

Let me see a show of hands children! What did you learn about anecdotal evidence today? How does it feel to be cornered into a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" position?

Popcorn

You are literally so stupid that you think this is a knock-down argument. You've done it repeatedly throughout the thread too. Do you *really* think you're "winning". You're about as sane as this guy:

[Image: charlie-sheen-two-and-a-half-men-couldnt...153585.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post