UFO Disclosure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2015, 10:58 AM
RE: UFO Disclosure
(17-09-2015 09:30 AM)morondog Wrote:  Facepalm

Back to the bandwagon huh? Rolleyes

It's all he's got.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
17-09-2015, 11:16 AM
(16-09-2015 12:22 PM)Free Wrote:  
(16-09-2015 12:04 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hi. I see that I got mentioned.

Anyway, Free... why are you so hostile?

Being hostile, arrogant, dismissive, and egotistical does nothing... nothing in the slightest... like at all... to boost your case and persuade others to your opinion.

This is like Debate 101.

Being humble, gracious, open-minded, slow to anger, and not retaliating will make people more willing to take you seriously and actually listen to your evidence and possibly be persuaded to the case that you present.

Hey Kings,

I have tried to be. I get hostile when I am being lied to. I don't mind a good argument at all, but when people need to resort to logically fallacious comparisons- and then deny they are fallacious when they so obviously are- then i feel I am being lied to and ridiculed with their lies.

If they cannot be honest, then they should not attempt an argument at all.

Also, some people here are so "scientifically inclined" that the concept of "speculation" is completely "alien" to them. And when such speculation is supported with evidence grounded in reality, all they can point to is the speculation part while ignoring the well grounded reality.

For example, I speculate that intelligent life can evolve on other planets insomuch as to be superior to the human race and capable of interstellar travel, while pointing as evidence to our own evolutionary process which denotes life forms right here on earth that have various levels of intelligence.

I will draw comparisons between how humans existed just a couple of thousand years ago, and how we evolved intellectually and technically to the state we exist in today.

Yet, all I see from this bunch are claims of "unfalsifiable" et al, when the fact of the matter is I am merely positing possibilities built on the foundation of evidence from our own human history.

Sure it's all speculative, and that is clearly obvious, so any such attacks on it as being "unfalsifiable" are ridiculous and a waste of time, because of course they are unfalsifiable, but what's being ignored here is the argument and evidence to support a possibility, as opposed to a proclaimed fact.

They want a little green man, and nothing else matters. It doesn't matter how much circumstantial evidence or anecdotal evidence is available, for without that little green man I am somehow "fallacious" in my arguments.

And we see this from this group of supposedly scientifically "endowed" individuals who almost all believe that a singularity once existed to create a Big Bang, yet all they have is circumstantial and anecdotal evidence to support their belief in their own "little green man."

I find this hypocritical, pretentious, and intellectually dishonest.

But thank you for your kind words, I will consider them carefully and endeavour to incorporate them into my attitude.

I get your point... but still... go look at my "Ask A Theist" thread. It was successful because I remained polite, honest, and gracious even when acidic vitriol was being sprayed at me from a fire hose.

I still suggest that you re-evaluate your approach to hostility.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
17-09-2015, 11:23 AM
(17-09-2015 09:30 AM)morondog Wrote:  Facepalm

Back to the bandwagon huh? Rolleyes

My position on this issue has consistently been the following:

The Chicago O'Hare UFO sighting occurred on November 7, 2006, when people at Chicago O'Hare International Airport reported seeing a saucer or disc-shaped UFO.

At approximately 16:15 CST on Tuesday, November 7, 2006, federal authorities at Chicago O'Hare International Airport received a report that a group of twelve airport employees were witnessing a metallic, saucer-shaped craft hovering over Gate C-17.

Several independent witnesses outside of the airport also saw the object. One described a "blatant" disc-shaped craft hovering over the airport which was "obviously not clouds." According to this witness, nearby observers gasped as the object shot through the clouds at high velocity, leaving a clear blue hole in the cloud layer. The hole reportedly seemed to close itself shortly afterward.

According to the Chicago Tribune's Jon Hilkevitch, "The disc was visible for approximately two minutes and was seen by close to a dozen United Airlines employees, ranging from pilots to supervisors, who heard chatter on the radio and raced out to view it."

The report above claims that 12 people who worked for United Airlines seeing a metallic, saucer-shaped craft hovering over Gate C-17. Other witnesses claimed the object shot through the clouds at high velocity, leaving a clear blue hole in the cloud layer.

My question to this thread from the above information is only this:

Considering what all the witnesses claimed they had seen, including the performance of the purported aircraft, is it possible that this incident could indicate that non human intelligence was in control of the purported craft?

I have not seen a single person here say it would be "impossible," therefore it may be safe to conclude that most here at least acknowledge that it is possible, with most here denoting the possibility as being extremely unlikely.

Personally, I assign a higher degree of "possible" than most anyone else here. There are several reasons for this, and I will explain them.

Many of us here are very well educated in several different fields, with some being scientific. Each of us in our own fields of expertise posses a greater degree of knowledge in our respective fields of expertise.

Often we see theists coming here to argue against evolution, and pretty much all of us can instantly see that the theist is lacking any decent information regarding evolution, and we all know from our own education that he doesn't really have a clue what he's talking about.

We know because we are educated.

Therefore, with Ufology, I do indeed have over 30 years of research experience regarding these phenomenons. At the beginning, I really didn't know anything. It was like being a student at his first day of classes. But as time went on, and I learned of the history of the phenomenon, and read the stories and listened to the stories of some exceptionally credible people, the belief in the possibility began to inch upwards.

I cannot speak for anyone here in regards to their level of belief, but I do indeed understand exactly why so many here don't have much belief in this phenomenon at all. If people are not really interested, then they simply will not attempt to gain as much education regarding this subject as those who are interested. That's just normal.

My personal experiences with this phenomenon were the catalyst that compelled me to seek out the answers to the questions of whether or not this phenomenon could possibly indicate alien visitation. Then, from my education, I determined a higher degree of possibility of alien visitation than anyone else here.

That, in a nutshell, is my position in its totality on this matter.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
17-09-2015, 11:24 AM
(17-09-2015 11:23 AM)Free Wrote:  My question to this thread from the above information is only this:

Considering what all the witnesses claimed they had seen, including the performance of the purported aircraft, is it possible that this incident could indicate that non human intelligence was in control of the purported craft?

And the answer is no.

This is not complicated.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
17-09-2015, 11:32 AM
Free correct me if I am wrong but isn't Stanton Friedman pretty much discredited within the UFO community? I heard that he is too biased in favor of alien visitation and implants in the bodies of abductees?
17-09-2015, 11:35 AM
(17-09-2015 11:24 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(17-09-2015 11:23 AM)Free Wrote:  My question to this thread from the above information is only this:

And the answer is no.

This is not complicated.

Explain how it is impossible.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
17-09-2015, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2015 11:55 AM by Free.)
(17-09-2015 11:32 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Free correct me if I am wrong but isn't Stanton Friedman pretty much discredited within the UFO community? I heard that he is too biased in favor of alien visitation and implants in the bodies of abductees?

No, that's not true at all. He is responsible for exposing so many hoaxes that we lost count. He's a very well balanced Ufologist who, like myself, concludes a higher degree of possibility due to his education on the subject.

He's not a big fan of some of the debunkers out there, because like me he considers them to be a wolf in sheep's clothing; denialists disguised as skeptics.

Some here, such as Unbeliever, are categorized as a denialist as opposed to a skeptic, because they take things too far to the extreme, and beyond the scope of honest and objective skepticism.

17-09-2015, 12:08 PM
(17-09-2015 11:35 AM)Free Wrote:  Explain how it is impossible.

Because, once again, "unknown" is not equal to "aliens". It cannot "indicate that non human intelligence was in control of the purported craft" any more than it could indicate that the entire thing was a mass hallucination caused by leprechaun magic.

"Unknown" does not equal "aliens".

This. Is not. Complicated.

[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post
17-09-2015, 12:22 PM
adey67, I will show you what I mean between an honest skeptic and a denialist by using Unbeliever as an example of what denialists do.

Unbeliever said the following twice:

"unknown" is not equal to "aliens".

"Unknown" does not equal "aliens"."

His responses above were a reply to my question, which explicitly said,

"Is it possible ...."

His response is not a reply to my question of a possibility, but rather misrepresents my position by giving the impression that I have somehow said that the evidence does, in fact, indicate aliens.

His reply portrays my position as one of stating a positive claim, when the truth of the matter is I explicitly asked "Is it "possible."

That's why Unbeliever is a denialist as opposed to an honest and objective skeptic.

Rolleyes

17-09-2015, 12:25 PM
(17-09-2015 12:22 PM)Free Wrote:  His responses above were a reply to my question, which explicitly said,

"Is it possible ...."

I am fully aware of what your question said.

It is not possible for "unknown" to indicate aliens any more than it can indicate wizards.

"Unknown" indicates nothing.

This is not complicated.

[+] 4 users Like Unbeliever's post