UFO's time machines ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2012, 11:22 AM
RE: UFO's time machines ?
(30-04-2012 07:56 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  (I refuse to use the initialism "UFO" to describe alien craft)

Snob. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
04-05-2012, 06:02 PM
It is silly to think the idea of going faster than the speed of light will shoot us back in time, BUT the theory that black holes can be used still intrigues me.
Find all posts by this user
05-05-2012, 12:27 AM
(04-05-2012 06:02 PM)Eru Wrote:  It is silly to think the idea of going faster than the speed of light will shoot us back in time, BUT the theory that black holes can be used still intrigues me.
I am of the opinion that time is just a made up constraint used to better quantify a series of events. However, I do recall physicist theorizing about time travel and concluding it was impossible to go back in time.

There definition of going forward in time seemed rather weak as well. If you get into a shuttle that travels nearly as fast as light and then return to earth after a certain time frame, then far more time will have passed on earth. They declare this as traveling forward in time. However, isn't this really just a form of stasis? For example, lets assume we have perfect cryogenics. If someone is frozen for a century, and is then thawed you out, should we declare that time travel as well? What about hibernation? Lots of animals do that already. Have the animals already figured out time travel? What about when I go to sleep tonight? I will suddenly wake up in the future 8 hours later. TIME TRAVEL!!!
05-05-2012, 11:01 PM
The idea that the speed of light = 0 time is just as weird as the idea of a God. IMO.

I think Einstein got this wrong.

Here's how I see it.
Imagine light as a sort of film real with all the tiny little pictures on it. That real is constantly projecting from earth out into space at the speed of light. So we take off from earth traveling alone that film real. As we got faster that real would appear to be slowing down until once we were traveling at the speed of light it would appear as if it was standing still. I think this is where Einstein got the idea that time at speed of light is zero, BUT it's not standing still, it's still projecting from earth at the speed of light. So this is why I don't believe this, because it only appears to be standing still.
And then if we accelerate even further I think we would be going faster then the projected real and so it would appear as if we are traveling back in time where as we are only seeing backing in time, not actually traveling back in time.

Ok wait I just had a moment and I was just sitting there for like 2minutes trying to wrap my head around this. If you were to stop after going faster then the speed of light, effectively looking into into the past, the projection real would continue past you at the speed of light, but say you were 5years ahead of that image you saw when traveling at the speed of light, after 5years that image would pass you BUT it's like you would effectively never get those 5years back, because those 5years it took to catch up another 5years would have gone past... see what I mean. So I was thinking, does that mean you go back in time??
BUT light is just photons, light effectively just gives everything it's color. So if you were then to head back to earth you would see 5years into the past, BUT everything actually would be 5years into the future, so you could still hear and understand and everything but you would effectively be blind. I dunno, I think I just way over thought this I hope I'm making sense. I wasn't gonna post this but I think I will, maybe someone can salvage something from it.

edit: ok I think I got what I'm getting at. Light is just photons, it's not who we are, it's not connected to us in anyway other then projecting our image. So to say we can physically travel back in time is to say that we are light, but we're not, we are just shit loads of atoms. Light hits us and projects us to the world.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.