UGH! Another death anniversary coming up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2015, 06:41 PM
UGH! Another death anniversary coming up.
On January 25 - fours years ago - my middle child's best friend was murdered by her husband, he then shot himself.

The then three year old was in the house eating cereal and watching cartoons. She and my younger granddaughter were the same age and the best of buds. She and my daughter had been living with them up until a couple weeks before.

They left behind five kids...a real yours, mine, and ours family.

Tori was like one of my own and she was a stabilizing force in my daughter's life that has never been replaced.

Not only do I grieve again every year but my daughter falls completely apart. My dumb ass just went to Tori's Facebook page. The picture of her taken just a few weeks prior to her death is still the cover photo and the page is filled with pics of her, my daughter, my granddaughter, and Tori's kids.

Just fuck! I wish she was still alive. I won't look again for a while because the posts about how she's an angel watching over everyone will start. In a month or so, whoever is keeping up her page will remove most of those comments.

She wasn't even 30 yet.

FUCK!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: UGH! Another death anniversary coming up.
Hug

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
22-01-2015, 08:14 PM
No words. Just Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-01-2015, 09:07 PM
So sad, so sorry. Hug

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
22-01-2015, 09:35 PM
Ah, Anj.. Hug I'm sorry.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
23-01-2015, 09:31 PM
I could never understand why people feel they have to keep track of a loved one's death anniversary. My husband passed away three years ago on Dec. 29. Now I don't talk about it and twice the day has gone by unnoticed. I much prefer to remember how much we enjoyed dancing to country western music or my teaching him how to split firewood.
23-01-2015, 09:55 PM
(23-01-2015 09:31 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  I could never understand why people feel they have to keep track of a loved one's death anniversary. My husband passed away three years ago on Dec. 29. Now I don't talk about it and twice the day has gone by unnoticed. I much prefer to remember how much we enjoyed dancing to country western music or my teaching him how to split firewood.

Different people deal with death differently.

I am glad you aren't troubled by the anniversary of your husband's death but am sorry that you suffered the loss.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
27-01-2015, 03:00 PM
My sister, annually, will declare "Just think, if dad lived, he'd be xxx years old today". Not the way I care to remember him but I guess if that floats her boat.......I'd rather she kept it to herself.