UGH!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2013, 08:23 AM
RE: UGH!
(27-01-2013 08:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-01-2013 08:49 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Math's gonna suck...right out of the gate I am clueless but I am trying. I am determined.

Speech class...also sucky...led by the absent minded professor who docks points not only for missing class but for arriving late (which I never do anyway) and for leaving early.

My Criminal Justice class will hopefully offer some relief...will see how the first session goes Monday night.

[Image: product_1297275818.jpg]

Without math, real science is not possible. You should consider an attitude adjustment. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
27-01-2013, 08:26 AM
You can get through it, Anjele; although you said you were having some issues.

Any school worth the paper they print their diplomas on will have great and understanding tutors who will help you on your Math.

And it does really suck that the speech instructor docks your grade for leaving early. We've got lives outside of school, ya know? Sounds like you're going to have to jump through hoops to give him a good excuse when you really do have to leave early.

Jesus loves you, but the Devil gives you cool shit.
Find all posts by this user
27-01-2013, 08:27 AM
'Kay.

Learning maths is the worst?

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
27-01-2013, 08:53 AM
I can do math ass long as I have enough fingers and toes. Tongue

Seriously, math was never my strong suite. When my son was in high school he tried to teach my algebra with no success. Rolleyes

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
27-01-2013, 05:04 PM
That is why math is important.
(27-01-2013 08:23 AM)Chas Wrote:  Without math, real science is not possible. You should consider an attitude adjustment. Consider

It gives us a common descriptive language and terminology and symbology to model and describe the world with. Is it necessary for ManlyGirl to understand anything more than basic arithmetic to run Girly's household? No. And good thing too, 'cause she don't. Does she need to appreciate the difference between simple and compound interest? No. Is it important that someone does, most assuredly yes.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
27-01-2013, 05:10 PM
RE: That is why math is important.
(27-01-2013 05:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-01-2013 08:23 AM)Chas Wrote:  Without math, real science is not possible. You should consider an attitude adjustment. Consider

It gives us a common descriptive language and terminology and symbology to model and describe the world with. Is it necessary for ManlyGirl to understand anything more than basic arithmetic to run Girly's household? No. And good thing too, 'cause she don't. Does she need to appreciate the difference between simple and compound interest? No. Is it important that someone does, most assuredly yes.

I would argue that knowing the difference between simple and compound interest is pretty important to the pocketbook and retirement fund. You don't need to know the formula, but having a feel for it (and other mathematical things) will make life better. Or at least less worse. Drinking Beverage

27-01-2013, 05:19 PM
(27-01-2013 05:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-01-2013 05:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It gives us a common descriptive language and terminology and symbology to model and describe the world with. Is it necessary for ManlyGirl to understand anything more than basic arithmetic to run Girly's household? No. And good thing too, 'cause she don't. Does she need to appreciate the difference between simple and compound interest? No. Is it important that someone does, most assuredly yes.

I would argue that knowing the difference between simple and compound interest is pretty important to the pocketbook and retirement fund. You don't need to know the formula, but having a feel for it (and other mathematical things) will make life better. Or at least less worse. Drinking Beverage

Girly handles the long-term retirement fund and appreciates and milks the shit outta the difference and even knows the formula, not that I expect to live long enough to see it. But it's not relevant to the pocketbook in the short term, that shit's just basic arithmetic. ... Don't get me wrong, math good. But there are mathematical concepts too top shelf for me to reach, so I don't diminish Manly for not being able to reach the shelves I can.

27-01-2013, 05:30 PM
(27-01-2013 05:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-01-2013 05:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  I would argue that knowing the difference between simple and compound interest is pretty important to the pocketbook and retirement fund. You don't need to know the formula, but having a feel for it (and other mathematical things) will make life better. Or at least less worse. Drinking Beverage

Girly handles the long-term retirement fund and appreciates and milks the shit outta the difference and even knows the formula, not that I expect to live long enough to see it. But it's not relevant to the pocketbook in the short term, that shit's just basic arithmetic. ... Don't get me wrong, math good. But there are mathematical concepts too top shelf for me to reach, so I don't diminish Manly for not being able to reach the shelves I can.
Well, maybe so. But an appreciation that there are those tools and concepts is helpful.

And mostly, I was commenting on the t-shirt. That t-shirt sucks.

Now, I can barely reach the first shelf or two of literary criticism or psychology, but I don't think they're "the worst".

And Girly thinks I can't even find the Philosophy bookcase. Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-01-2013, 05:47 PM
(27-01-2013 05:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  And Girly thinks I can't even find the Philosophy bookcase. Dodgy

Oh I'm quite confident you can find it, I just question what you are able to do with it.

27-01-2013, 05:53 PM
(27-01-2013 05:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-01-2013 05:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  And Girly thinks I can't even find the Philosophy bookcase. Dodgy

Oh I'm quite confident you can find it, I just question what you are able to do with it.
If it's pre-Enlightenment, I pretty much ignore it.

If it's French, I piss on it.

[+] 4 users Like Chas's post