UK Article High Court ~ Are Children ‘Infected’ by Judeo-Christian Values?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2011, 01:19 PM

UK Article High Court ~ Are Children ‘Infected’ by Judeo-Christian Values?
The National Review On line UK Article

Are Children ‘Infected’ by Judeo-Christian Values?

By Paul Diamond

In an important case in the United Kingdom, the High Court held this week that Christian views on sexual morality could be “inimical” to a child’s welfare.

Mr. and Mrs. Johns wanted to foster a child as young as five as respite carers for parents who were having difficulty. Some 15 years earlier they had successfully fostered, but work commitments meant that they were unable to devote sufficient time to children. When they retired, they applied to be registered as foster carers again. (More)

It's child abuse, to teach a child in the very early formative years of their life, that they're born bad. The hard wiring that ensues, leads them to believe it's all true because they are just as led to trust what the adult role models in their lives tell them of the world, and how to adapt and participate in it.
It limits children to teach them there's a difference between themselves and their child peers, as well as the adults they're suppose to learn from as they grow and mature into their own identity.
To designate, there's us that are saved and them that are damned! Is to teach children discrimination, bigotry, homophobia that is part and parcel of Fundamentalism, and on and on as the list of negatives grows exponentially according to a child's maturing through their ages.

Bold move for the UK High Court to see the truth and put it on the record. Bravo! Smile
I shared this article and my opinion on the matter at a Theology forum. I'm waiting to either acquire a reprimand, or something else that means about as much to me. Tongue

\

I see the courts decision as spot on. It's child abuse, to teach a child in the very early formative years of their life that they're born bad and in deficit for being who they are and as a consequence are in dire need of being saved from themselves first and the God that made the condition possible and judges them for his mistake, second.

I've watched, "Jesus Camp" the documentary. To see a little one less than 5 years old crying to the point of almost hiccuping because they're just so glad they were no longer a sinner, is tragic.

That little treasure should be exploring with wide eyed wonder the world he stared at the same way, when he was a newborn. Finding in himself his true spirit, seeing the world as that which inspires awe and wonder and curiosity.
His child peers should be his playmates, his teachers, his companions. Those little wonders in their own right, who are different, by race, by beliefs, by appearance, and as such are a beautiful addition to the tapestry that is this living work of art known as the human community, living and learning from one another in this great temple Earth.
His eyes should shine with joy, not fill with tears thinking he'd just missed suffering eternal damnation had he died before he found the Savior that should have found him at birth, and the God that made him possible should believe in him as part of that essence that is the eternal and the holy.

I believe and do so because of what I've observed, that the hard wiring that ensues from programming into man made exclusivist doctrines of any religion, leads children to accept it's all true because they are just as led to trust what the adult role models in their lives tell them of the world, and how to adapt and participate in it.

It limits children to teach them there's a difference between themselves and their child peers, as well as the adults they're suppose to learn from as they grow and mature into their own identity.

To designate a bias, a wall of separation erected to say that according to man made tenets, that makes a divisive atmosphere amid believers who war over semantics when claiming there's only one God but yet his name and his worship can only be communicated in one name and in one way or else one is surely and absolutely wrong.

That there's us that are saved and them that are damned is, in my opinion, to teach children discrimination, bigotry, homophobia that is part and parcel of most religious Fundamentalism, and on and on as the list of negatives grows exponentially according to a child's maturing through their ages.

So that they carry that ideology of separation, judgment, superiority and yet self-deprecation through into their adult life and thereby insure, unless they change their mind, to promote the same divisiveness when they bear children.

It's sad that a multi-generational bigotry, self-deprecating value system and exclusivist sectarianism tradition has put such a schism into play from infancy to the end of lives.

When God is love, everyone is love. And everyone is loved by God. If one is in deficit, because they were born so, then it is God that made it so. That's not holy, sacred, or a supreme being. That's man, politics, control and abuse.
I applaud the High Court of the UK, for daring to say as much on the record. It truly is about time.

May the light of love, bless all hearts and open all minds to see all people as living truth and the embodiment of whatever they know personally as sacred, divine and glorified in the image and likeness of the source for us all and all that we know in this life that is our living testament to the sacred powers of creation.
//
Quote this message in a reply