UK EU Referendum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2013, 07:05 PM
RE: UK EU Referendum.
(13-01-2013 06:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't think that's the system, I think that's the countries.
If some big corporation can by a politician under democracy, he can do it under dictatorship too.

I'm not necessarily meaning on such a big scale. In a democracy politicians have to prioritise what is popular ahead of what is right. Those who don't will simply not ever get into power. In a dictatorship the dictator doesn't have that concern so he can prioritise what is right. There's nothing to stop him from choosing not to though, that's when you're really in the shit.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2013, 07:11 PM
(13-01-2013 06:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just a heads up, my knowledge of the EU is near zero so bare with my ignorance.

If the pro's for staying in the EU are trade deals that seems really stupid.
The UK has good relations with all countries in Europe, it doesn't need something like the EU to make those trade deals for it.

It does seem really really shit that the EU can make laws even though it's not elected in by the people. Any 5year old could tell you the lack of democracy in that system.
They can make up laws but countries don't need to implement them. But the people that do make up the laws are elected by the people in the country they represent.
13-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Im not a big fan of Nigel Farage, he is like any other politician in that he has his own agendas and I have seen videos of him talking about things not related to the EU and he is a bit of a smarmy git. He also (like other politicians) hashes figures to suit his own agenda.

I remember watching him in the Europarliment a few years ago and the things he said got him booed. However today that is not so much the case.

Here are some of the reasons why he thinks we should leave the EU.

Also some interesting info on how votes work in the Europarliment can be found here

http://www.theyletyoudown.com/

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
13-01-2013, 07:29 PM
(13-01-2013 06:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(13-01-2013 06:49 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I'm not a huge fan of democracy in general. My view is that it is terrible but, unfortunately, the best of a bad situation. Crap as it is it's the best we currently have.

I agree, Dictatorship is the best system we have in terms of systems. (And different forms, ie: Monarchy)
The only problem being that you need the right person in power.

I think part of the problem with Democracy is the short time frame of which the elected person/party is in power is so short. Perhaps a better way would be to give them power for say 10years, rather then 3 or 4.

Oh, yes, dictatorships have worked so well. Like, never.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2013, 07:46 PM
What bothers me about a lot of today's "democracy" is the mud slinging and blame game that goes on. Labour come into power and they blame all their woes on the Conservatives and inheriting their mistakes. Then the conservatives come into power and they blame Labour for all their woes and inherited mistakes.

Combine the two messages together and it basically translates that neither of them are fit for purpose.

There should be accountability. I don't mind a political party ruling for any amount of time as long as they live up to their promises. If they don't then they should be ejected, not allowed to make excuses... so in the future only legitimate promises should be made by parties to ensure that they run their course in power.

The only person/party off the top of my head that I can think of who actually publicly apologized for breaking a promise is Nick Clegg for the Lib Dems.

Hes still a two faced twat, you can see it on his face in parliament when they discuss things. You can tell by his face he doesnt like what he is hearing yet he sold his party out just so he could be deputy prime minister.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
13-01-2013, 07:53 PM
I am British, and I say we re-negotiate our position. We don't really need the EU, nor its pervasive hand.
13-01-2013, 07:57 PM
(13-01-2013 07:53 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  I am British, and I say we re-negotiate our position. We don't really need the EU, nor its pervasive hand.

What do you know about the UK's relationship with the EU? Have you ever researched it?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
13-01-2013, 08:03 PM
(13-01-2013 07:53 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  I am British, and I say we re-negotiate our position. We don't really need the EU, nor its pervasive hand.
Wow. Something I actually agree with you on Confused

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
13-01-2013, 08:17 PM
Who says there should be agreement in life?
13-01-2013, 08:19 PM
(13-01-2013 07:57 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

What do you know about the UK's relationship with the EU? Have you ever researched it?
I lived the great majority of my life in the country you fucking dolt. I think I know to some some degree, wouldn't you say?