UK Politician arrested for quoting Winston Churchill

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2014, 05:45 AM
UK Politician arrested for quoting Winston Churchill
Blasphemy Laws in UK. Great job United Kingdom. You have really pulled the line of becomming a backward country, i hope you are proud of yourself. I wouldn't be surprised if UK infact became islamic in 50 years with the way they continue to demonize democracy like this.

This is the reason why i voted for scottish independence. Just astonished to how stupid the UK policy has become.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2014, 06:42 AM
RE: UK Politician arrested for quoting Winston Churchill
"Police Commissioner Simon Hayes responded to the media coverage on the Hampshire Police and Crime Commission website:

It has been wrongly suggested that Mr Weston was arrested for reciting passages written by Winston Churchill. I understand he was not welcome outside the Winchester Guildhall, the Police were called and he was asked to move on. I also understand that he was not prepared to move on and was arrested for this reason."

Fox got it wrong, again.
[+] 2 users Like jockmcdock's post
20-09-2014, 07:03 AM
This seems to be as close as possible to an original source (the above Fox News content essentially information free): http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/c...peech.html
Quote:“A 50-year-old man from Dorset was arrested outside Winchester Guildhall at approximately 2.30pm on Saturday April 26 after he failed to comply with a section 27 dispersal order.
"The dispersal order was issued following complaints from members of the public about the man's behaviour.
"He was further arrested on suspicion of religious/racial harassment. He has been bailed pending further inquiries to report back to police on May 24."
A Liberty GB spokesman said: "Mr Weston was standing on the steps of Winchester Guildhall, addressing the passers-by in the street with a megaphone. He quoted an excerpt about Islam from the book The River War by Winston Churchill.
"Reportedly, a woman came out of the Guildhall and asked Mr Weston if he had the authorisation to make this speech. When he answered that he didn't, she told him 'It's disgusting!' and then called the police.
"Six or seven officers arrived. They talked with the people standing nearby, asking questions about what had happened. The police had a long discussion with Mr Weston, lasting about 40 minutes.
"At about 3pm he was arrested. They searched him, put him in a police van and took him away."

I'm generally wary of anti-free-speech laws, and that aspect of the case is troubling. However, he seemed clearly to be breaking other ordinances and it was on the strength of those the was actually arrested in the first place.

Note also that this is not current news: 7:39PM BST 28 Apr 2014

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
20-09-2014, 07:46 AM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2014 07:58 AM by ZeroX3.)
Ah sorry.
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/eur...24041.html

Distrust to Fox News, i guess thats understandable after that Mass Effect News lol Tongue. But if this stuff keeps going on in britain then i am more positive to americans than UK.