UK election. Yougov poll shows 1 point between parties

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2017, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2017 11:44 AM by Deltabravo.)
UK election. Yougov poll shows 1 point between parties
The latest poll in the UK shows that the Conservative party lead of 22 points has all but vanished. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/...-narrows2/ (oops, sorry, it's Survation poll, not You.gov.)

What you have is a guy called Jeremy Corbyn who is portrayed as a lunatic, Stalinist nutjob, while Theresa May is strong and stable. But, if you listen to Corbyn, he sounds like Bernie. He's well spoken and reasonable. May, on the other hand, just trots out slogans like "Brexit means Brexit". She didn't turn up at the TV debate between leaders of the parties. Can you imagine a sitting President not turning out for the ONLY televised debate... Wow!

She was asked why she wasn't going to turn up and she said that she was spending her time dealing with Brexit, which the leader of the opposition, so she says, should be doing as well, rather than having a televised debate. So, since the debate is in the evening, I wonder what she is going to do. Maybe watch the debate. Instead, she agreed to a Q and A session with and audience, in which she was jeered, and an interview with a very sharp interviewer called Jeremy Paxman who called her a "blowhard".

I can see this election going either way. If the polling is soft, then May will win a majority. If things go a bit different, like with Trump, then you could see a change of government. Who knows. Apparently, the real polling figures show Labour with a 3 point lead but that is discounted because the "youth" don't turn out. If they did, then it's anybody's guess. I suppose the "youth" have better things to do, like playing Overwatch or uploading photos of their cats onto facebook. Screw the future of their country.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deltabravo's post
06-06-2017, 11:49 AM
RE: UK election. Yougov poll shows 1 point between parties
Popcorn

But seriously, would love to see May get her comeuppance.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply