UKIP

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2014, 03:22 AM
RE: UKIP
(22-05-2014 06:24 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  They serve an important purpose.

It gives me another excuse to laught at Brits.

In future I will probably have to say "the English".

Since that party is nothing but one big advert for the Scotish independence referendum.

Actually you should start saying "English" now because UKIP have no support in Scotland.

So little support for example that UKIP tried holding a press conference at a cafe in a Tesco superstore in Scotland

Every Little Helps: UKIP Scotland blunder on as they’re evicted from Shettleston Tesco

And yes polls do suggest that if UKIP get more power then this leads to more votes for independence.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2014, 03:37 AM
(22-05-2014 07:11 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  To be fair, it's a pretty close call on who are more ludicrous, the SNP or UKIP.

Only if you believe the English press and haven't lived in Scotland.

The SNP won a majority in a parliament designed to stop any party from winning a majority so the SNP couldn't do this. This from a party which has most of the mainstream press against them.

UKIP rely on someone at the BBC giving them free air-time.

SNP's policies make sense when you realise that they play the long game. I haven't ever seen another party as canny as them in this regard. This is because they have an objective that is more important to them than retaining power for another couple of years. This is because there has been an independence movement since the 50's which has led to slow but steady progress.

UKIP are attention whores and go from blunder after blunder.

SNP are inclusive and welcome all races who want to contribute to Scotland.

UKIP are exclusive bigots who have to try and convince people that they are not fascists.

SNP and UKIP are not at all alike.
23-05-2014, 03:49 AM
(22-05-2014 07:15 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 07:11 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  To be fair, it's a pretty close call on who are more ludicrous, the SNP or UKIP.

They're both fucking stupid.

The Tories sell the family silver either back to the family or to foreigners solely to win the next election. All the while bringing in policies to make themselves richer at everyone else's expense.

Labour have gone the same way but they're not such bastards as the Tories. They compensate for this by being incompetent.

Lib Dems will do anything for a chance at power including going back on pre-election promises that were central to them being voted in.

The political landscape in Westminster is stagnant and needs shaking up. Being a politician now means learning how to lie to get votes. Career politicians are selected to win power, they are no longer selected because they have the skills to run the country when they do win.

Britain is going down a dark road and this is one of the reasons why I emigrated. The rise of UKIP despite their utter incompetence is testament to this. In the three years since moving I've only ever heard news that has condoned my decision.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
23-05-2014, 05:34 AM
(23-05-2014 03:49 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(22-05-2014 07:15 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  They're both fucking stupid.

The Tories sell the family silver either back to the family or to foreigners solely to win the next election. All the while bringing in policies to make themselves richer at everyone else's expense.

Labour have gone the same way but they're not such bastards as the Tories. They compensate for this by being incompetent.

Lib Dems will do anything for a chance at power including going back on pre-election promises that were central to them being voted in.

The political landscape in Westminster is stagnant and needs shaking up. Being a politician now means learning how to lie to get votes. Career politicians are selected to win power, they are no longer selected because they have the skills to run the country when they do win.

Britain is going down a dark road and this is one of the reasons why I emigrated. The rise of UKIP despite their utter incompetence is testament to this. In the three years since moving I've only ever heard news that has condoned my decision.

I would love to be able to disagree with you ... but I can't!

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
23-05-2014, 06:20 AM
It funny that the leader of UKIP, Nigel Farage , keeps going on about foreigners taking British jobs etc... and yet his German wife is working in the UK and therefore, is a foreigner taking a British job.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
23-05-2014, 09:46 AM
What? You guys are talking about politics that ain't 'murican?

UNACCEPTABLE! Angry

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
23-05-2014, 10:23 AM
Such an important question like the membership of the EU is being spearheaded by the version of the outcast conservatives.

The people vote for UKIP because there has been an increasing amount of immigration into England from Europe over the last 5+ years. They blame the European Union for this so they want out.

Thats the crux of it. No matter what the mainstream press say about them (and they have basically stitched them up, quite rightly so, most of the time) popularity has risen.

Ask a UKIP voter what their other policies are and I would gamble that the majority don't know.

I have never voted, never will. Not until a party emerges made up mostly by people from working class backgrounds.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
23-05-2014, 10:48 AM
(23-05-2014 10:23 AM)bemore Wrote:  Ask a UKIP voter what their other policies are and I would gamble that the majority don't know.

They don't have any policies.

No really, they don't. Nigel Farage has said that all previous manifestos are no longer applicable and no longer reflect the party's policies.

People who voted for them yesterday don't know what they voted for.
[+] 2 users Like Elder Cunningham's post
23-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Exclamation RE: UKIP
They're the British equivalent of US teabaggers (more appropriate really), but in suits. Which just makes them Republicans.

The British, it seems, still have a strong tradition of supporting incestuous theocratic autocrats (the Monarchy) so this development isn't too surprising. Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
23-05-2014, 08:20 PM
A lot of British voters are sick of the main 3 parties, and have voted for UKIP as a protest... Simple as.

I'm uncomfortable with the democratic deficit of the EU, but I'm certainly not opposed to integrating and working with our neighbors. There's no reason not to other than delusional patriotism.

So I'm on the fence with Europe... I like the idea of it, but not the way its being done.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user