UN Anti Blasphemy Resolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Sad UN Anti Blasphemy Resolution
Hey , I just found out about this UN Anti Blasphemy Resolution.
Seems old.And from what I hear it went in the favor of religious nutjobs. Angry

Anyone care to fill me in ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2010, 10:08 PM
RE: UN Anti Blasphemy Resolution
I think we can safely say that it will happen. In Ireland and Holland it's illegal to even criticize religion now, so no reason why the idiots in charge wouldn't make it international law.

In short: the world is fucked.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
23-10-2010, 10:55 PM
(23-10-2010 10:08 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I think we can safely say that it will happen. In Ireland and Holland it's illegal to even criticize religion now, so no reason why the idiots in charge wouldn't make it international law.

In short: the world is fucked.

South Park: as usual, the lone voice of reason.

Stupid Comedy Central.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
23-10-2010, 11:49 PM
OK , for those of you who are murderers , rapists , neo-nazi , thieves etc. just declare your insane beliefs a religion . Better yet make politics a religion or make it illegal to criticize politics or corporations . How about make it illegal to criticize ANYTHING.

DAMN IT !!! ... I'm getting drunk. Sad(
24-10-2010, 01:08 AM
Quote:OK , for those of you who are murderers , rapists , neo-nazi , thieves etc. just declare your insane beliefs a religion
At least in Finland that would be pretty easy. To organize a religious denomination all that is needed is 20 people over the age of 18. 20 pedophiles who believe, that children have particles called marlocks in their bodies, and when an adult has sex with the child, the marlocks implode, feeding the adult receptive cavity with energy that causes immortality, so sayeth the ruler of Bethos, could join and start a religious community.
[Image: southpark101.jpg]

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
24-10-2010, 01:10 AM
What is everyone talking about? What resolution? What does it stipulate? What is the scope of its enforcement? What who what with the what what?

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
24-10-2010, 03:02 AM
This is the resolution : http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2004/hrcn1082.doc.htm

In a nutshell it prohibits criticism of religion. This may sound like something polite or positive but in fact it sets a precedence of destroying free speech.If you're a believer and enjoy saying atheists go to hell , you'll soon be unable to say that under penalty of law.If you're an atheist criticizing religion you'll also be silenced under law.

This is great . Just ban criticism of : politics and corporations , UN , and we'll be back in the dark ages.The progress bar is 33% there thanks to you - nice job you BASTARDS - can't believe I once supported you.
24-10-2010, 03:08 AM

Herein is the ultimate achievement of "political correctness" - the abandonment of the right of free speech. Terrorism is winning the war ...
Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2010, 08:59 AM
That link is from 2004 so it can't be what everyone is talking about. And the UN has no power to enforce zippy unless countries are willing to back them with their military. But, as a rule, I'd say any resolution by the Useless Nations is not worth the space it takes up in the ether. I wouldn't give this a first thought, much less a second.

What I'd like to focus on instead is getting these freeloaders out of New York City so we can get some fucking parking spaces back.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
24-10-2010, 09:32 AM

I'm sure there will never be anti-blasphemy laws in the US (hopefully). It is one of the things I value about living here.
Quote this message in a reply