UN demands that Vatican remove child abusers

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-02-2014, 06:50 AM
UN demands that Vatican remove child abusers
It's about time! The Vatican has been allowed to harbor and protect child molesters for far too long. Interesting to see if anything positive happens.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26044852

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Marozz's post
05-02-2014, 07:19 AM
RE: UN demands that Vatican remove child abusers
Place needs to be invaded like a real country. Let's send in the peacekeepers and loot that bitch. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like houseofcantor's post
05-02-2014, 07:47 AM
If it's called the Holy See, let's allow the UN inspectors to SEE the pedo papers.

It's interesting that no spy movie or video game ever was made about spies or ninjas going in the Vatican, evading the Swiss guards to get the child abuse records. Probably because there are whole damn archives of them. Nobody could carry that 'round and they're so busy adding more, that they didn't yet get to digitalizing them yet.

Damn! I wish I was wiser 10 years ago when I was making video games. My plots and storylines would be so much more... spicey....
[+] 4 users Like Luminon's post
05-02-2014, 08:23 AM
(05-02-2014 06:50 AM)Marozz Wrote:  It's about time! ...

Thanks for highlighting this. Good news.

Quote:"Meanwhile several Catholic dioceses in the US have been forced into bankruptcy after paying out huge sums in compensation to victims of abuse by clergy."

Yup, that'll do me. Abolition through natural causes.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
05-02-2014, 08:34 AM
They should also check to see if there r any small children chained up anywhere
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2014, 01:19 PM
To me, this represents a very real and very strong shift in the right direction for our species. I've *literally* been crying almost nonstop since I found out, and I'm happy beyond words that all those children who would have otherwise been hurt are safer now.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
05-02-2014, 05:10 PM
I was at a nice family dinner a few weeks ago, and my sister mentioned that she really liked this new progressive pope! I rarely speak up about religious issues with my family, but this time I said "until there is a pope that will stop covering for, and protecting child molesters, he's be just as bad as the rest in my book. Oh, and isn't it funny that the Vatican always immediately contradicts all of these 'progressive' things the pope says?" I got a couple of shocked looks out of thT one, but the subject was immediately changed...

As far as this article goes, I'll believe it when I see it Dodgy seriously, I want thousands of priests in handcuffs.

I read a different article, and it's comments earlier today.... Pretty disgusting how many people complained that the title of the article was too shocking. Wanting the media to go easy. One person even went as far as to complain that they used the word 'rape'. I'm sorry, what else do you call using your power and authority to sexually take advantage of children?? I say there isn't a big enough deal made out of this situation.

Sorry... Rant over... This topic gets me fired up Angry
[+] 5 users Like Smercury44's post
05-02-2014, 05:29 PM
I have yet to meet any ex-Catholics who left the RCC because of the rampant pedophilia. What about you? Know anyone who left the RCC because of this?

It is my opinion that every decent human being still in the church should denounce and abandon it, I don't give a shit where they go practice their woo, just not as a Roman Catholic. Funds dry up, doors close, only the priests are left to fondle each other. Evil_monster

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
05-02-2014, 06:40 PM
I went to have a look at the forums at catholic.com just to see what the reaction was and quite frankly it disgusted me. Denouncements of the UN were the most common reaction, alongside denials the problem was all that bad.

I've fucking had it with these people. If you support the Catholic Church then as far as I'm concerned you're an accessory to the crimes. They're so well known and well documented that you can't be ignorant of it, so no-one has any excuse any more.

It's ridiculous that's it's come to this but when the church still maintains that it has the right to discipline it's priests and the local law enforcement don't, then you have a church that is little more than a criminal organisation.

Now some might accuse me of being anti-Catholic. Well, I am. I am anti any organisation that covers up and facilitates child abuse on a massive scale.

They may as well move the Vatican to a hollowed out volcano in Japan.
[+] 2 users Like Elder Cunningham's post
05-02-2014, 07:17 PM
About time.

Atir aissom atir imon