UNIVERSAL/ABSOLUTE TRUTH... does it exst?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2014, 04:14 PM
UNIVERSAL/ABSOLUTE TRUTH... does it exst?
This is the 2nd thread of 3 I wanted to post. Is ANYTHING universally and absolutely true?
Yes or no?
Find all posts by this user
31-10-2014, 04:21 PM
RE: UNIVERSAL/ABSOLUTE TRUTH... does it exst?
I was told you guys didnt mind an honest challenge of your belief... so... I frankly believe Absolute and Universal truth exist. Universal as in time and space is not relevant, truth is truth. Absolute as in ALWAYS true without exception. This is a theistic concept that goes beyond matter and chemical reaction. It transcends society and even worlds.

I imagine most here will disagree with me.. Id like to know why you don't believe in absolute universal truth?
31-10-2014, 04:23 PM
(31-10-2014 04:14 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  This is the 2nd thread of 3 I wanted to post. Is ANYTHING universally and absolutely true?
Yes or no?

Universally I think not.
Secular truths relate to high probabilities and perspectives held from different stances.
If universal truths are in a state of flux then any such would be contingent upon how it was perceived at any specific time-----not enduring.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
31-10-2014, 04:23 PM
Are you planning to ignore arguments in this thread too?

Just honestly wondering, to see if I should bother with it.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post
31-10-2014, 04:26 PM
(31-10-2014 04:23 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Are you planning to ignore arguments in this thread too?

I didn't ignore anything nor will I Wink
31-10-2014, 04:29 PM
No. Truth is relative to the axioms and rules of inference of the formal system where it is being asserted. Change the axioms or rules of inference, change the truth. We can however agree that the axioms and rules of inference of some formal systems seem to make more sense to us than others. Don't think that means they should necessarily be given privileged status though. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
31-10-2014, 04:30 PM
(31-10-2014 04:26 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 04:23 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Are you planning to ignore arguments in this thread too?

I didn't ignore anything nor will I Wink

You did.

(31-10-2014 04:01 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 03:52 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  And a picture causes a chemical reaction how?

Here is your problem. It's like asking "And light causes a headache how?" or "And food causes digestion how?" or "And illness causes a fever how?"

The answer is simple and has been repeated to death:
Automatic reactions of the brain to stimuli.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
31-10-2014, 04:30 PM
(31-10-2014 04:23 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 04:14 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  This is the 2nd thread of 3 I wanted to post. Is ANYTHING universally and absolutely true?
Yes or no?

Universally I think not.
Secular truths relate to high probabilities and perspectives held from different stances.
If universal truths are in a state of flux then any such would be contingent upon how it was perceived at any specific time-----not enduring.

So... just to simplify this.. you don't believe truth can be universal and absolute... you believe it is determined within the confines of social structures and this determines what is and is not truth? Or what? How can a universal and absolute truth be in a state of flux? It would be the exact opposite of something in a state of flux if it is always absolutely and universally true... it then remains a constant
31-10-2014, 04:33 PM
Im so tired of these threads.

*Yawn*

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
31-10-2014, 04:35 PM
(31-10-2014 04:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No. Truth is relative to the axioms and rules of inference of the formal system where it is being asserted. Change the axioms or rules of inference, change the truth. We can however agree that the axioms and rules of inference of some formal systems seem to make more sense to us than others. Don't think that means they should necessarily be given privileged status though. Drinking Beverage

Iv seen that this is a common belief among atheists. Do you have any sort of moral dilemma with "changing truth"? Isnt a constant unchanging truth the very basis of mathematics and why we can trust good math?
Thread Closed