UNIVERSAL/ABSOLUTE TRUTH... does it exst?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2014, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2014 04:53 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: UNIVERSAL/ABSOLUTE TRUTH... does it exst?
(31-10-2014 04:35 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Iv seen that this is a common belief among atheists.
The fuck atheism got to do with truth? Truth has nothing to do with atheism but has everything to do with having even a basic elementary school understanding of logic.

(31-10-2014 04:35 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Do you have any sort of moral dilemma with "changing truth"?
The fuck morality got to do with truth?

(31-10-2014 04:35 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Isnt a constant unchanging truth the very basis of mathematics and why we can trust good math?
And now you have demonstrated that you not only lack a basic elementary school understanding of logic, you also lack a basic elementary school understanding of mathematics.

God help your sorry uninformed ass 'cause you're gonna get eaten alive.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
31-10-2014, 04:52 PM
(31-10-2014 04:45 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 04:43 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Not really. Sorry about that. However, this thread reminds me strongly of dear old diddo, and I think the question is basically meaningless and unanswerable. I think this thread will go round and round and leave no-one any wiser than they were before. Like WitchSabrina, I am weary of these threads.

You don't know the point of this thread yet... it is a layer of evidence for one more thread to follow it... stick around Wink

Let me guess and save us all the trouble. You create these two threads pretending to be seeking an actual discussion, all the while ignoring any good points that disagree with your agenda. You'll continue to live in your own la-la land assuming that you "won" each thread. Or made some fucking point. The third thread that we are all just dying to read will be you saying "Aha! By your own admissions! Thread 1 + thread 2 means my idea of what god is must exist!!"

Please, fuck off.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
31-10-2014, 04:54 PM
(31-10-2014 04:46 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 04:42 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I thought we were only to post according to the topic of the particular thread? This is another topic Wink

That wasn't ignored, it was addressed earlier. I absolutely disagreed and pointed out you had that somewhat backward according to the implications of that study... and you responded with no source to back you... I had 5 sources backing me Wink ...now back to the topic of THIS thread... No universal absolute truth? ... or yes? Smile

Yeah, we are supposed to follow the rules, but if we have to do with an obvious troll, no one will care if I break them a little.

What you pointed out earlier was the exact opposite of what I told you. If you'd like, go back to that thread and give me an appropriate answer to what I specifically told you. What you said earlier is in no way an appropriate answer to what I pointed out.
Wow you guys calling "troll troll" are acting a bit paranoid... Im here to have an intelligent discussion... we CAN do that without agreeing RIGHT?
[+] 1 user Likes Wolfbitn's post
31-10-2014, 04:55 PM
(31-10-2014 04:14 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Is ANYTHING universally and absolutely true?
Yes or no?

Absolutely no.

You're just a troll.
  • You claim to post sources but don't understand what they say. You claim your references say something completely different.
  • You use strawman arguments
  • You equivocate
  • You ignore refutations so that you can repeat yourself
  • You deliberately misunderstand what people are saying.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ion?page=8
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
31-10-2014, 04:56 PM
(31-10-2014 04:54 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 04:46 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Yeah, we are supposed to follow the rules, but if we have to do with an obvious troll, no one will care if I break them a little.

What you pointed out earlier was the exact opposite of what I told you. If you'd like, go back to that thread and give me an appropriate answer to what I specifically told you. What you said earlier is in no way an appropriate answer to what I pointed out.
Wow you guys calling "troll troll" are acting a bit paranoid... Im here to have an intelligent discussion... we CAN do that without agreeing RIGHT?

An intelligent discussion surely does not entail ignoring arguments.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
31-10-2014, 05:00 PM
(31-10-2014 04:56 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  An intelligent discussion surely does not entail ignoring arguments.

Also understanding what is being said.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
(31-10-2014 04:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  Did you miss this or did you not understand it?

(31-10-2014 04:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No. Truth is relative to the axioms and rules of inference of the formal system where it is being asserted. Change the axioms or rules of inference, change the truth. We can however agree that the axioms and rules of inference of some formal systems seem to make more sense to us than others. Don't think that means they should necessarily be given privileged status though. Drinking Beverage

Chas: A true master of the rhetorical question. Big Grin

#sigh
(31-10-2014 04:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 04:35 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Iv seen that this is a common belief among atheists.
The fuck atheism got to do with truth? Truth has nothing to do with atheism but has everything to do with having even a basic elementary school understanding of logic.

Because those who are NOT atheist believe in absolute universal truths... they don't change because of social standards... just as math doesn't change according to social standard Wink

(31-10-2014 04:35 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Do you have any sort of moral dilemma with "changing truth"?
Quote:The fuck morality got to do with truth?

Changing the truth isn't moral... that's when it becomes a lie, right? Smile

(31-10-2014 04:35 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Isnt a constant unchanging truth the very basis of mathematics and why we can trust good math?
Quote:And now you have demonstrated that you not only lack a basic elementary school understanding of logic, you also lack a basic elementary school understanding of mathematics.

Ahh so you disagree when I say math is a constant and can be relied upon... why? How does Alan Guth combine BB, inflation and String theory without reliable constants?

Quote:God help your sorry uninformed ass 'cause you're gonna get eaten alive.

By whom?
not you lol
31-10-2014, 05:01 PM
(31-10-2014 05:00 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 04:56 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  An intelligent discussion surely does not entail ignoring arguments.

Also understanding what is being said.

Yeah, the "I have no idea what you guys are saying, so let's agree to disagree, but hey, I'm right!"

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
31-10-2014, 05:04 PM
(31-10-2014 04:33 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Im so tired of these threads.
(31-10-2014 04:52 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Please, fuck off.

Now now, let's not be too quick to throw away our chew toys. Tongue

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
Thread Closed