UNIVERSAL/ABSOLUTE TRUTH... does it exst?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2014, 09:29 PM
RE: UNIVERSAL/ABSOLUTE TRUTH... does it exst?
What odds are people willing to give me on Wolfbitn not posting again?
Find all posts by this user
31-10-2014, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2014 09:43 PM by GirlyMan.)
(31-10-2014 09:16 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 09:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What is truth?

I should have known it would be dressed all in black.

Can you blame the voice of youth asking "What is truth."

Can you blame the voice of youth for asking "What is Truth?"

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
31-10-2014, 09:34 PM
(31-10-2014 09:29 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  What odds are people willing to give me on Wolfbitn not posting again?

Under that name or a sock puppet?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
31-10-2014, 09:37 PM
^Under that name.
31-10-2014, 09:41 PM
There is no such thing as absolute truth. Putting the word absolute in front of the word truth does not make truth any more truthful than truth already is true.

Quote:Truth

the true or actual state of a matter:
He tried to find out the truth.
conformity with fact or reality; verity:

a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like:
mathematical truths.

the state or character of being true.
actuality or actual existence.
an obvious or accepted fact; truism; platitude.
honesty; integrity; truthfulness.

Now with certain things truth as you call it can be applied. But not everything. There is too much that can vary and flux in our universe. Even the whole fine tunement of the universe bull shit argument falls apart when we apply the fact that nothing in our universe is perfectly constant.

In short, truth is only subjective based on our own observations and reasoning skills.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
01-11-2014, 12:19 AM
(31-10-2014 08:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 04:39 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Does that really add anything?

I am losing patience now and not with the OP.

Woof - FFS, lose the attitude.

So I should pay homage to Chas, Vosur, et al and just shut up then?
What a really tight family you all are!Rolleyes
01-11-2014, 12:40 AM
(01-11-2014 12:19 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 08:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am losing patience now and not with the OP.

Woof - FFS, lose the attitude.

So I should pay homage to Chas, Vosur, et al and just shut up then?
What a really tight family you all are!Rolleyes

Don't lump me in with anyone here. I have my own mind and I don't speak for anyone else.

Get over yourself for cripes sake. You should be long past middle school behavior.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
01-11-2014, 12:57 AM
(31-10-2014 04:21 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I was told you guys didnt mind an honest challenge of your belief...

... or lack thereof. Indeed.

(31-10-2014 04:21 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  ...
I frankly believe Absolute and Universal truth exist.

Awesome. Please name one. Thanks.

That would really simplify very much everything for everyone on the planet (and beyond)

Yes

(31-10-2014 04:21 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  ...
Id like to know why you don't believe in absolute universal truth?

And I'd like to know what you have against apostrophes.

Please name / show / demonstrate one of these absolute truths and then I can decide whether I believe in it.

Much obliged.

Smile

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
01-11-2014, 08:57 AM
(31-10-2014 09:41 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  There is no such thing as absolute truth. Putting the word absolute in front of the word truth does not make truth any more truthful than truth already is true.

Quote:Truth

the true or actual state of a matter:
He tried to find out the truth.
conformity with fact or reality; verity:

a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like:
mathematical truths.

the state or character of being true.
actuality or actual existence.
an obvious or accepted fact; truism; platitude.
honesty; integrity; truthfulness.

Now with certain things truth as you call it can be applied. But not everything. There is too much that can vary and flux in our universe. Even the whole fine tunement of the universe bull shit argument falls apart when we apply the fact that nothing in our universe is perfectly constant.

In short, truth is only subjective based on our own observations and reasoning skills.

ok... if you find it untrue that it is absolutely universally not good to rape a child, when is it good?
01-11-2014, 08:59 AM
(01-11-2014 08:57 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 09:41 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  There is no such thing as absolute truth. Putting the word absolute in front of the word truth does not make truth any more truthful than truth already is true.

ok... if you find it untrue that it is absolutely universally not good to rape a child, when is it good?

Actually it's been demonstrated that some Muslims think it's ok to have, (or had) sex with children. In our culture WE HAVE LEARNED, (or become acculturated) the the concept that children cannot give informed consent to a sexual act. The fact that most modern humans agree with that today, yet many many did not in other times and places, just demonstrates your entire paradigm is basically a pile of crap built on what is called a "straw man" argument". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
You have not defined "rape". You have now SHIFTED your goalposts from "abuse" which we demolished, to only "rape". Your premise is false. You have not demonstrated it's veracity, definition, or validity, thus any conclusion drawn from it, is false.

Now are you going away ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Thread Closed