URGENT. Overdose wellbutrin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2016, 06:46 AM
URGENT. Overdose wellbutrin
I took 600mg bupropion xl. I'm only supposed to take 300mg. I have a high tolerance to meds but I'm scared shitless. I know this doesn't really belong here but i had a lot of posts and im really ducked. I also take 100 serotonin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2016, 06:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2016 01:53 PM by DLJ.)
RE: URGENT. Overdose wellbutrin
I don't know that drug so I have no idea of the impact.

If worried, call a doctor.

Meantime... Drink lots and lots of water and cause yourself to vomit... Repeatedly.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
04-02-2016, 07:07 AM
Yeah, a doctor is going to do you way more good than a bunch of armchair physicians who haven't been to med school. That, or call poison control. If they don't have an answer, they'll probably tell you to call a doctor, anyway.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
04-02-2016, 07:10 AM
(04-02-2016 06:46 AM)Kd_wants_to_battle Wrote:  I took 600mg bupropion xl. I'm only supposed to take 300mg. I have a high tolerance to meds but I'm scared shitless. I know this doesn't really belong here but i had a lot of posts and im really ducked. I also take 100 serotonin

The FDA max recommend dosage for the XL would be 450mg, so technically your only about 150mg beyond that. Judging that you've only taken this dosage once by mistake, you'd probably be fine. I'd still recommend you contact you're doctor, but I don't think there's any reason to be scared shitless.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
[+] 2 users Like Tomasia's post
04-02-2016, 07:14 AM
If in USA, call 1-800-222-1222

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
04-02-2016, 07:28 AM
Call poison control - that appears to be a dangerous overdose.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
04-02-2016, 07:32 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2016 07:58 AM by Nurse.)
So 600 and 800mg doses were prescribed in the 1980s and then it was taken off the market thanks to patients having seizures. Research showed 300mg doses were effective and the risk minimal, thus placed back on the market.

Just one dose of 600mg most likely won't take you to that threshold. If anything, expect increased anxiety, palpitations/feelings like your heart is pounding, and a faster heart rate. (That's what it does to me when I make that mistake...300 is my dose).

Disclaimer - I'm not your health care provider, so this is friendly advice. Translation "don't sue me, bro"

Edited to fix grammar errors. #nightshiftproblems #justgotoffwork Tongue

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 8 users Like Nurse's post
04-02-2016, 07:46 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2016 08:10 AM by jennybee.)
Call your doctor because he/she is aware of your medical history and is better able to make that assessment than any of us. Just saw Chas' post--call poison control if you are not able to get in touch with your doctor immediately.
04-02-2016, 08:15 AM
(04-02-2016 07:28 AM)Chas Wrote:  Call poison control - that appears to be a dangerous overdose.

That's 30 grams, not milligrams. He took 300mg above his written dosage, and 150mg about the FDA recommendation.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
[+] 1 user Likes Tomasia's post
04-02-2016, 08:20 AM
Meh. I've taken way more than that and mostly lived to tell about it.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post