URGENT. Overdose wellbutrin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2016, 08:59 AM
RE: URGENT. Overdose wellbutrin
(04-02-2016 08:15 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-02-2016 07:28 AM)Chas Wrote:  Call poison control - that appears to be a dangerous overdose.

That's 30 grams, not milligrams. He took 300mg above his written dosage, and 150mg about the FDA recommendation.

No, it is about "Overdoses of up to 30 grams"

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
04-02-2016, 09:37 AM
Oh - I left this part out. Your concentration is gonna peak between 5-7 hours after ingestion, so that's when the side effects will be the worst. Such as the dry mouth, dizziness, headaches, lack of appetite. Also may have more difficulty sleeping.

But seriously, unless you have heart problems or a history of seizures, you have nothing to worry about. If you DO have heart problems or a history of seizures, your doctor probably shouldn't have prescribed it in the first place. Stay away from alcohol today - that can decrease the seizure threshold.

If I remember correctly from reading on it last spring, the reason it reads doses UP TO 30g is because that's the largest known overdose of Wellbutrin. So we have no clue what would happen over that.

Oh, fun side note. Some of its metabolites can cause you a false positive for amphetamines in a drug test. Hobo

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
04-02-2016, 09:47 AM
Thank you guys very much. Ive gotten some anxiety so far and it's been 3 hours since I took it. I decided to stay home. I couldn't have thrown it up because I have a fear of throwing up/gagging. I do have a history of heart problems, but not severe enough to keep me from taking it.
04-02-2016, 09:59 AM
(04-02-2016 09:47 AM)Kd_wants_to_battle Wrote:  Thank you guys very much. Ive gotten some anxiety so far and it's been 3 hours since I took it. I decided to stay home. I couldn't have thrown it up because I have a fear of throwing up/gagging. I do have a history of heart problems, but not severe enough to keep me from taking it.

You should really contact your doctor just to be on the safe side--particularly because you have a history of heart problems. This is why I mentioned in my post that none of us know your medical history and some of the side effects of taking a higher than prescribed dosage can impact any known/unknown medical conditions you may have.
04-02-2016, 11:06 AM
(04-02-2016 08:20 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Meh. I've taken way more than that and mostly lived to tell about it.

ditto. LD-50 is around 500mg/kg. So unless I weighed 1 kg nothing I'd worry about.

#sigh
04-02-2016, 03:39 PM
Took one of those from the GF once... I honestly don't know how anybody stays on that stuff. Was amped all night and focused like I was on some slow release coke of some kind. She accidentally doubled a couple times, and shes only like 100lbs, barely sleeps, had tachycardia for years.. and is probably a ticking time bomb of tragedy waiting to happen Sad soooo... You'll almost certainly be fine. Just don't make a habit of double doses.