US Congress’ Jihad on Science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2015, 09:56 PM
US Congress’ Jihad on Science
Shit like this makes it harder and harder for me to feel pride in my country. Weeping

http://www.livescience.com/49439-congres...pid=558955

How Congress is Cutting Science Out of Science Policy (Op-Ed)

“The bill would take a sledge hammer to science-informed policymaking at federal agencies.

Why should the nation care? Because instead of science informing the decisions our government makes about protecting our environment, public health and safety, those decisions would be driven by the wants of regulated industries, putting average Americans in jeopardy.”

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
14-01-2015, 10:01 PM
RE: US Congress’ Jihad on Science
Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

14-01-2015, 10:11 PM
(14-01-2015 09:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Shit like this makes it harder and harder for me to feel pride in my country. Weeping

“The bill would take a sledge hammer to science-informed policymaking at federal agencies.

Why should the nation care? Because instead of science informing the decisions our government makes about protecting our environment, public health and safety, those decisions would be driven by the wants of regulated industries, putting average Americans in jeopardy.”

Making Ted Cruz the head of the NASA subcommittee isn't helping either. Facepalm
14-01-2015, 10:36 PM
(14-01-2015 10:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 09:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Shit like this makes it harder and harder for me to feel pride in my country. Weeping

Making Ted Cruz the head of the NASA subcommittee isn't helping either. Facepalm

I say we replace him with NDT!
https://represent.com/neil2

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
14-01-2015, 10:43 PM
(14-01-2015 09:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Why should the nation care? Because instead of science informing the decisions our government makes about protecting our environment, public health and safety, those decisions would be driven by the wants of regulated industries, putting average Americans in jeopardy.”

Isn't that the system America already has?

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
14-01-2015, 11:18 PM
(14-01-2015 10:43 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 09:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Why should the nation care? Because instead of science informing the decisions our government makes about protecting our environment, public health and safety, those decisions would be driven by the wants of regulated industries, putting average Americans in jeopardy.”

Isn't that the system America already has?

Yes, and getting worse everytime the House of Representatives and Senate convenes. Censored

15-01-2015, 05:29 AM
Call me a prophet, cause I saw this coming. I knew it. I just did. I sat down and said america hates science, and soon they will want to get rid of it. And I was right they are starting too. Lets hope my prediction of america becoming a place like the middle east but christian does not come true.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
15-01-2015, 04:35 PM
(15-01-2015 05:29 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Call me a prophet, cause I saw this coming. I knew it. I just did. I sat down and said america hates science, and soon they will want to get rid of it. And I was right they are starting too. Lets hope my prediction of america becoming a place like the middle east but christian does not come true.

It doesn't take a crystal ball to see how fucking stupid America is.
The rest of the world has known for ages.

American War of Independence. Your guys biggest mistake ever.

[Image: oscar.png]
15-01-2015, 04:40 PM
(15-01-2015 04:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 05:29 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Call me a prophet, cause I saw this coming. I knew it. I just did. I sat down and said america hates science, and soon they will want to get rid of it. And I was right they are starting too. Lets hope my prediction of america becoming a place like the middle east but christian does not come true.

It doesn't take a crystal ball to see how fucking stupid America is.
The rest of the world has known for ages.

American War of Independence. Your guys biggest mistake ever.

Nah, it was allowing all those puritans to live.

15-01-2015, 04:53 PM

No, not that bad, we're just sadly turning backward towards Turkey instead of upward in scientific achievement.

[Image: global_warming_chart.0.jpg]

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson