US Congress’ Jihad on Science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2015, 05:26 PM
RE: US Congress’ Jihad on Science
(15-01-2015 04:40 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 04:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It doesn't take a crystal ball to see how fucking stupid America is.
The rest of the world has known for ages.

American War of Independence. Your guys biggest mistake ever.

Nah, it was allowing all those puritans to live.

No muffs is right

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2015, 08:07 PM
(15-01-2015 05:26 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 04:40 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Nah, it was allowing all those puritans to live.

No muffs is right

No, it was not letting the South secede. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-01-2015, 08:47 PM
(15-01-2015 08:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 05:26 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  No muffs is right

No, it was not letting the South secede. Drinking Beverage

No, it is all of america, I live in the north, and it is nearly as stupid.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
15-01-2015, 09:05 PM
And they wonder why I've been turned off to wasting my time voting, when the knight in shining armor you've voted into office finds out he'll never find the money required to be re-elected ever again if he doesn't sign a contract aggreeing not to speak out against Israel, or talk about any number of disturbing topics! Dodgy
The whole thing needs an enema! Undecided

15-01-2015, 09:49 PM
(15-01-2015 09:05 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  And they wonder why I've been turned off to wasting my time voting, when the knight in shining armor you've voted into office finds out he'll never find the money required to be re-elected ever again if he doesn't sign a contract aggreeing not to speak out against Israel, or talk about any number of disturbing topics! Dodgy

Until we have Election Financial Reform and limit private money we will always have the best politicians money can buy. Unfortunately SCOTUS just loosened the purse strings even more. Facepalm

I’ve often wondered how well it would work if we (the US taxpayer) gave each presidential candidate X amount of $ to send on their campaign (also time limited, say 6 months). The money would be tracked and once spent no more advertising.

Also limit presidency to two non-sequential terms of 6 years, no worries of running for a second term while in your first term.

Just spit-balling here.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
15-01-2015, 10:33 PM
(15-01-2015 09:49 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 09:05 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  And they wonder why I've been turned off to wasting my time voting, when the knight in shining armor you've voted into office finds out he'll never find the money required to be re-elected ever again if he doesn't sign a contract aggreeing not to speak out against Israel, or talk about any number of disturbing topics! Dodgy

Until we have Election Financial Reform and limit private money we will always have the best politicians money can buy. Unfortunately SCOTUS just loosened the purse strings even more. Facepalm

I’ve often wondered how well it would work if we (the US taxpayer) gave each presidential candidate X amount of $ to send on their campaign (also time limited, say 6 months). The money would be tracked and once spent no more advertising.

Also limit presidency to two non-sequential terms of 6 years, no worries of running for a second term while in your first term.

Just spit-balling here.

The presidency is not the problem it is Senators and Congressmen. We need term limits and publicly financed campaigns. You get X amount of money and no more. End all campaign donations except to the shared pool.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
15-01-2015, 11:09 PM
(15-01-2015 10:33 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 09:49 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Until we have Election Financial Reform and limit private money we will always have the best politicians money can buy. Unfortunately SCOTUS just loosened the purse strings even more. Facepalm

Just spit-balling here.

The presidency is not the problem it is Senators and Congressmen. We need term limits and publicly financed campaigns. You get X amount of money and no more. End all campaign donations except to the shared pool.

Of course, makes perfect sense to me, unfortunately everytime any campaign financial reform comes up for a vote it get crushed.

Just a few attempts at CFR

https://www.aclu.org/free-speech/campaig...nce-reform

http://action.citizen.org/t/5489/content...t_KEY=4050

http://time.com/3063942/poll-support-for...ate-races/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
19-01-2015, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2015 05:45 PM by cactus.)
Oh, this is just getting pathetic. Their intentions couldn't possibly be any more opaque.
http://arstechnica.com/science/2015/01/f...committee/

Keep sharing this shit with all your Facebook friends, and tell them to fucking vote during the next election!

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post