US - Cuban releations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2015, 06:21 PM
US - Cuban releations
I`d like to read your opinions on the subject.

Obama has announced that he will ask congress to completly lift the blockade and sanctions against Cuba. So the final push to restoring normal releations is left to congress. At the same summit at which this was announced the conversations between the US and Cuba seemd to have gone very smoothly.

I also find it amusing that the most leftist South American presidents of Ecudaor, Venezuela and Bolivia seemd to life in a different universe in which US - Cuban releations were not improving. They constantly ranted about it and other nonsence.

I think congress might take a big dump on this deal. And in that case almoust the entire world will take a giant dump on the republicans, since the entire world wants the sanctions lifted and there would be nobody to blame but the republicans should this move fail.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: US - Cuban releations
(11-04-2015 06:21 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I`d like to read your opinions on the subject.

Obama has announced that he will ask congress to completly lift the blockade and sanctions against Cuba. So the final push to restoring normal releations is left to congress. At the same summit at which this was announced the conversations between the US and Cuba seemd to have gone very smoothly.

I also find it amusing that the most leftist South American presidents of Ecudaor, Venezuela and Bolivia seemd to life in a different universe in which US - Cuban releations were not improving. They constantly ranted about it and other nonsence.

I think congress might take a big dump on this deal. And in that case almoust the entire world will take a giant dump on the republicans, since the entire world wants the sanctions lifted and there would be nobody to blame but the republicans should this move fail.

There is a whole contingent of Cuban-Americans who don't want to see this happen at any cost.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

11-04-2015, 06:40 PM
At this point in history, the US policy on Cuba is based entirely on placating a small group of Cuban nationals and their children. They live in a state, Florida, that is critical to presidential elections and they tend to vote in a block on this one issue.

I'm no fan of Obama but I'm glad he decided to break with 50 years of stupidity and bring an end to a policy that serves no actual purpose. As for congress, they will counter this just to be contrary. At some point, this bullshit is going to bite the republicans in the ass. I think that point is when Hilary ends up in the white house. A scarier thing I cannot imagine.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
11-04-2015, 06:46 PM
50 years of "isn't working" is your first clue that we need to try something else.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-04-2015, 06:49 PM
Sanctions against Cuba are a relic of Cold War I. It's time to move on and focus on Cold War II.

'Murican Canadian
11-04-2015, 07:16 PM
(11-04-2015 06:40 PM)BnW Wrote:  At this point in history, the US policy on Cuba is based entirely on placating a small group of Cuban nationals and their children. They live in a state, Florida, that is critical to presidential elections and they tend to vote in a block on this one issue.

Yep this. I don't know how many are left that actually understood the real issues...but yeah they lobby like crazy.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

11-04-2015, 07:27 PM
(11-04-2015 07:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 06:40 PM)BnW Wrote:  At this point in history, the US policy on Cuba is based entirely on placating a small group of Cuban nationals and their children. They live in a state, Florida, that is critical to presidential elections and they tend to vote in a block on this one issue.

Yep this. I don't know how many are left that actually understood the real issues...but yeah they lobby like crazy.

Funny thing is for all their bitching about keeping the embargo they are the ones that violate it the most sending stuff to Cuba for their families.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
11-04-2015, 07:30 PM
(11-04-2015 07:27 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 07:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yep this. I don't know how many are left that actually understood the real issues...but yeah they lobby like crazy.

Funny thing is for all their bitching about keeping the embargo they are the ones that violate it the most sending stuff to Cuba for their families.

I'd be willing to bet money - that a fair number of the lobbyists are paid for by the cigar manufacturers......

If they become easy and legal to ship - they go down in cost..........

See a motive????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-04-2015, 07:38 PM
(11-04-2015 07:30 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 07:27 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Funny thing is for all their bitching about keeping the embargo they are the ones that violate it the most sending stuff to Cuba for their families.

I'd be willing to bet money - that a fair number of the lobbyists are paid for by the cigar manufacturers......

See a motive????

Considering that the tobacco industry is the whipping boy now I doubt they have much pull.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
11-04-2015, 07:40 PM
(11-04-2015 07:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-04-2015 07:30 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'd be willing to bet money - that a fair number of the lobbyists are paid for by the cigar manufacturers......

See a motive????

Considering that the tobacco industry is the whipping boy now I doubt they have much pull.

Whipping boy????

Dude.....

For the money RJ Reynolds pulls in???

You can beat me all day...............