US Militia groups preparing for elections

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2016, 08:45 AM
US Militia groups preparing for elections
What in the fuck is the matter with people? This country is absolutely fucking insane.

Reuters

Quote:As the most divisive presidential election in recent memory nears its conclusion, some armed militia groups are preparing for the possibility of a stolen election on Nov. 8 and civil unrest in the days following a victory by Democrat Hillary Clinton.

They say they won't fire the first shot, but they're not planning to leave their guns at home, either.

Trump's populist campaign has energized militia members like Hill, who admire the Republican mogul's promise to deport illegal immigrants, stop Muslims from entering the country and build a wall along the Mexico border. Trump has repeatedly warned that the election may be "rigged," and has said he may not respect the results if he does not win. At least one paramilitary group, the Oath Keepers, has called on members to monitor voting sites for signs of fraud.

These idiots claim to be fighting for individual rights and the US Constitution, by supporting a candidate that promises to violate individual rights and essentially abolish the US Constitution.

I wonder how many of them could find Washington DC on a map, let alone march there.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
03-11-2016, 08:54 AM
RE: US Militia groups preparing for elections
(03-11-2016 08:45 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  What in the fuck is the matter with people? This country is absolutely fucking insane.

Reuters

Quote:As the most divisive presidential election in recent memory nears its conclusion, some armed militia groups are preparing for the possibility of a stolen election on Nov. 8 and civil unrest in the days following a victory by Democrat Hillary Clinton.

They say they won't fire the first shot, but they're not planning to leave their guns at home, either.

Trump's populist campaign has energized militia members like Hill, who admire the Republican mogul's promise to deport illegal immigrants, stop Muslims from entering the country and build a wall along the Mexico border. Trump has repeatedly warned that the election may be "rigged," and has said he may not respect the results if he does not win. At least one paramilitary group, the Oath Keepers, has called on members to monitor voting sites for signs of fraud.

These idiots claim to be fighting for individual rights and the US Constitution, by supporting a candidate that promises to violate individual rights and essentially abolish the US Constitution.

I wonder how many of them could find Washington DC on a map, let alone march there.

I would love to be the fly on the wall on the cabinet meetings going on right now in the current administration on preparation for this kind of horseshit.

You know that the National Guard must already be on alert.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
03-11-2016, 09:02 AM
(03-11-2016 08:54 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(03-11-2016 08:45 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  What in the fuck is the matter with people? This country is absolutely fucking insane.

Reuters

I would love to be the fly on the wall on the cabinet meetings going on right now in the current administration on preparation for this kind of horseshit.

We're not, and they'd be wise to carefully consider which states they activate if they do have to go that route. Whether deserved or not, no candidate has ever been despised as much by the military as Hillary.

'Murican Canadian
03-11-2016, 11:03 AM
(03-11-2016 09:02 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(03-11-2016 08:54 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I would love to be the fly on the wall on the cabinet meetings going on right now in the current administration on preparation for this kind of horseshit.

We're not, and they'd be wise to carefully consider which states they activate if they do have to go that route. Whether deserved or not, no candidate has ever been despised as much by the military as Hillary.

I wonder about that. How do you know that ?
Earlier in the campaign , Dumpster said if he gave an illegal order, the military *would* obey it, causing their leaders to say "no we wouldn't".
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-the-mil...m-illegal/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
03-11-2016, 11:16 AM
(03-11-2016 11:03 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-11-2016 09:02 AM)yakherder Wrote:  We're not, and they'd be wise to carefully consider which states they activate if they do have to go that route. Whether deserved or not, no candidate has ever been despised as much by the military as Hillary.

Earlier in the campaign , Dumpster said if he gave an illegal order, the military *would* obey it, causing their leaders to say "no we wouldn't".

As someone who dislikes both candidates and views the world considerably differently than either most soldiers or most civilians, I'd presume that some illegal orders would be ignored and some illegal orders would be followed depending on context, morale, and the subculture that drives the soldiers in question. The same is true for lawful orders.

As far as the high alert status, which I'd define as being told that activation is likely or imminent, the only thing we've heard lately is in regards to a possible unrelated deployment a couple years from now and the training plan leading up to that deployment. It's certainly possible that those higher ranking than myself have information which I do not, but if none of that has been passed on to those of us who'd need to be ready for some sort of hypothetical response, then I'd be hard pressed to define us as being on high alert. On the contrary, we have November off for deer season.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
03-11-2016, 11:22 AM

Reuters

This certainly does seem to reflect some of my concerns about the American gun culture. Let's just hope all those militia members are well trained and fully responsible citizens with full respect for the law and civil rights, as some insist all gunners are.

I am not taking bets or holding my breath here.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
03-11-2016, 11:24 AM
(03-11-2016 11:03 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-11-2016 09:02 AM)yakherder Wrote:  We're not, and they'd be wise to carefully consider which states they activate if they do have to go that route. Whether deserved or not, no candidate has ever been despised as much by the military as Hillary.

Early polls in the military have shown that Trump is twice more popular than Hillary in their specific domain and even Gary Johnson is more popular than her. Only amongst higher staff and high ranking officer and staff does she outpace him, but still lag behind Johnson.

http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/th...-president

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
03-11-2016, 11:36 AM
No one in the army, military, navy or whatever is currently fighting for anyone rights. They are fighting for the money in the pockets of the fat cats. But of course you have to demonize Muslims and convince the american public they are terrorists to justify invading their territory for oil and politician destabilization that will lead to US control over more oil etc etc.
03-11-2016, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2016 11:43 AM by yakherder.)
(03-11-2016 11:24 AM)epronovost Wrote:  
(03-11-2016 11:03 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I wonder about that. How do you know that ?

Early polls in the military have shown that Trump is twice more popular than Hillary in their specific domain and even Gary Johnson is more popular than her. Only amongst higher staff and high ranking officer and staff does she outpace him, but still lag behind Johnson.

http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/th...-president

Even those officers that support her probably wouldn't say so in front of their troops. "I'm voting for Hillary" is fighting words, at least at the enlisted level. In the case of my unit, Trump is also hugely unpopular. Almost everyone in my unit has in casual conversation or debate stated their intent to vote for Johnson.

Regardless, there is a degree of sympathy for the militia movement. If Hillary is elected, and shit hits the fan, she'd be wise not to force the military into a situation where it has to choose. I honestly don't know how it'd go down, though my pessimism and paranoia may just be getting the better of me. I don't exactly have a warm and fuzzy outlook on the world.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
03-11-2016, 01:16 PM
Quote:Many fear Clinton would push the county further to the left.

"This is the last chance to save America from ruin," [Chris] Hill[, founder of the III% Militia] said. "I'm surprised I was able to survive or suffer through eight years of Obama without literally going insane, but Hillary is going to be more of the same."

Reference Bill Maher's 'Whiny Little Bitch' routine. These drama queens have no idea what they are talking about, what they want, and what the consequences of their actions will be.

"The sad irony here is that one day in the not too distant future, 'Second Amendment Remedies' may be necessary. But it will be AGAINST these kinds of militias, and not the duly elected government officials that said remedies will have to be used in order to protect the security of the United States against what is quickly turning into a domestic enemy or the democracy.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post