US Militia groups preparing for elections

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2016, 01:58 PM
RE: US Militia groups preparing for elections
I'd relax about the "militias"....

I was involved in the heyday of the Michigan Militia -- when there was lots of media attention -- and they were reporting that there was "close to 1,000,000" members of the Michigan Militia....

Uh --- no --- I was at the state meetings - and got a pretty good idea of the actual numbers...... It was nowhere near the numbers being reported --- but, they never bothered to correct the media.... I guess they liked the hyper-inflated numbers......

I'm betting there's more left handed, transvestite Eskimos -- than "militia" members..............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2016, 02:33 PM
(03-11-2016 01:58 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'd relax about the "militias"....

I was involved in the heyday of the Michigan Militia -- when there was lots of media attention -- and they were reporting that there was "close to 1,000,000" members of the Michigan Militia....

Uh --- no --- I was at the state meetings - and got a pretty good idea of the actual numbers...... It was nowhere near the numbers being reported --- but, they never bothered to correct the media.... I guess they liked the hyper-inflated numbers......

I'm betting there's more left handed, transvestite Eskimos -- than "militia" members..............

I hope so, OB. I've posted before that they are little more than drama queens, whining about their trivial first world problems.

1 million members of the Michigan Militia? I'd probably put that figure at around 5-10 thousand nationwide.

Thank goodness said transvestite eskimos don't show up on main street in tac rigs with AR-15s raving about how the government is coming for their guns and their liberties.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
03-11-2016, 10:55 PM
(03-11-2016 08:54 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I would love to be the fly on the wall on the cabinet meetings going on right now in the current administration on preparation for this kind of horseshit.

You know that the National Guard must already be on alert.

They won't be. Remember Oregon? White Christian ignorant fuck head terrorists with guns get the kid gloves. Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-11-2016, 10:56 PM
This "militia" nonsense is always so silly to me.

I mean, honestly. Ideally the government shouldn't have such power over its people, but the fact is that the US government has enough firepower to wipe out every last member of a violent revolution against them.

Like it's some kind of weird dystopian nightmare fantasy that's not even feasible in the real world. I'm not saying that's necessarily the way it should be with such authoritarianism, but it's really the way that it is.

And especially the idea that a Clinton presidency would be all that much different than the existing Obama one (which didn't bring about the apocalypse, by the way) just adds to the weirdness. It's like these folks are living in some alternate reality that's accidentally merged with our own.
03-11-2016, 11:06 PM
(03-11-2016 10:56 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  This "militia" nonsense is always so silly to me.

I mean, honestly. Ideally the government shouldn't have such power over its people, but the fact is that the US government has enough firepower to wipe out every last member of a violent revolution against them.

Like it's some kind of weird dystopian nightmare fantasy that's not even feasible in the real world. I'm not saying that's necessarily the way it should be with such authoritarianism, but it's really the way that it is.

I'm not sure what firepower you are referring to. Consider

You realize that it is illegal to deploy the military domestically. No Army, no Marines, no Navy, no Air Force can be used inside the U.S.A.

"The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) signed on June 18, 1878 by President Rutherford B. Hayes. The purpose of the act – in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807 – is to limit the powers of the federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce domestic policies within the United States."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-11-2016, 11:16 PM
The USA can actually deploy military domestically in cases of emergency authority, and protection of federal property and functions.

So here's the possible outcomes: militia members just stay and wait for some kind of radical government takeover that never happens, or they take action and commit acts of domestic terrorism, with emergency military response.

My point being that militia groups just don't have the power to start a revolution, or even defend themselves if some kind of radical government takeover actually did happen. Especially over something that's more or less probably gonna be the same as the last eight years.
03-11-2016, 11:22 PM
(03-11-2016 11:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-11-2016 10:56 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  This "militia" nonsense is always so silly to me.

I'm not sure what firepower you are referring to. Consider

You realize that it is illegal to deploy the military domestically. No Army, no Marines, no Navy, no Air Force can be used inside the U.S.A.

"The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) signed on June 18, 1878 by President Rutherford B. Hayes. The purpose of the act – in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807 – is to limit the powers of the federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce domestic policies within the United States."

Counter-Point

Since when has the illegality of something stopped the Federal Government? The NSA still has near unlimited access to citizen's privacy and we drone strike the shit out people over the flimsiest excuses that cannot withstand a challenge outside of their secret kangaroo courts.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
04-11-2016, 03:13 AM
(03-11-2016 11:22 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-11-2016 11:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm not sure what firepower you are referring to. Consider

Counter-Point

Since when has the illegality of something stopped the Federal Government? The NSA still has near unlimited access to citizen's privacy and we drone strike the shit out people over the flimsiest excuses that cannot withstand a challenge outside of their secret kangaroo courts.

Not to mention hold people in custody for years on evidence that would probably never stand up in any semblance of a just court procedure. Evidence that contains factual errors and hearsay, as that against some of those held in Guatanamo Bay reportedly does. Those against whom there was firm evidence, five seemingly, were swapped for a single US soldier held by the Taliban.

This is only one version of a whole bunch of stuff but it seems to fit history and tactics as I remember it.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 3 users Like Gloucester's post
04-11-2016, 05:21 AM
(03-11-2016 02:33 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I hope so, OB. I've posted before that they are little more than drama queens, whining about their trivial first world problems.

This was exactly what I was trying to say! Thumbsup

In the past, during US elections, if the candidate you voted for lost, then you sat back and bitched about it for the next four years.

You did not threaten an armed march on the capitol.

Last time I checked, that fell under the category of treason.

Patriots my ass.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
04-11-2016, 06:04 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2016 06:13 AM by Chas.)
(03-11-2016 11:16 PM)ViolexTV Wrote:  The USA can actually deploy military domestically in cases of emergency authority, and protection of federal property and functions.

So here's the possible outcomes: militia members just stay and wait for some kind of radical government takeover that never happens, or they take action and commit acts of domestic terrorism, with emergency military response.

There is no post-Civil War precedent for domestic use of the military or the declaration of martial law.

Quote:My point being that militia groups just don't have the power to start a revolution, or even defend themselves if some kind of radical government takeover actually did happen. Especially over something that's more or less probably gonna be the same as the last eight years.

While I don't think any such act is in the offing, I am not so sanguine about the stability of our society nor do I underestimate the power of an armed populace.
There are many examples of successful revolution; I don't think it is as cut and dried as you seem to believe.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user