US Militia groups preparing for elections

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2016, 06:07 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2016 06:12 AM by Chas.)
RE: US Militia groups preparing for elections
(03-11-2016 11:22 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-11-2016 11:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm not sure what firepower you are referring to. Consider

You realize that it is illegal to deploy the military domestically. No Army, no Marines, no Navy, no Air Force can be used inside the U.S.A.

"The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) signed on June 18, 1878 by President Rutherford B. Hayes. The purpose of the act – in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807 – is to limit the powers of the federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce domestic policies within the United States."

Counter-Point

Since when has the illegality of something stopped the Federal Government? The NSA still has near unlimited access to citizen's privacy and we drone strike the shit out people over the flimsiest excuses that cannot withstand a challenge outside of their secret kangaroo courts.

Actually, that rather makes the point of militias. Consider

The mindset of opposing illegal government is one of the bases of militia participation.

Then, of course, there is the racist, xenophobic mindset, the Christian take-back-our-country mindset, the boys playing with guns out in the woods mindset, ...

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2016, 06:13 AM
I guess using the national guard to force integration doesn't count... Drinking Beverage

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
04-11-2016, 06:22 AM
(03-11-2016 02:33 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Thank goodness said transvestite eskimos don't show up on main street in tac rigs with AR-15s raving about how the government is coming for their guns and their liberties.

I don't think that would rile them up as much as if they came to take away their fabulous parkas.

[Image: 2.jpg]

As for the argument Chas is making that it is illegal to use the military domestically, I said the National Guard, not the military as OMM points out. Dodgy

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
04-11-2016, 06:31 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2016 06:38 AM by Gloucester.)
(04-11-2016 06:22 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(03-11-2016 02:33 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Thank goodness said transvestite eskimos don't show up on main street in tac rigs with AR-15s raving about how the government is coming for their guns and their liberties.

I don't think that would rile them up as much as if they came to take away their fabulous parkas.

As for the argument Chas is making that it is illegal to use the military domestically, I said the National Guard, not the military as OMM points out. Dodgy

Quite interesting what the National Guard ROE in law enforcement comprises of.

https://publicintelligence.net/national-...ons-guide/

I would have thought that these better fit the "militia" of the, seemingly badly phrased, second ammendent.

Unregulated gangs of gunmen are not quite the same thing.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
04-11-2016, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2016 06:43 AM by yakherder.)
I doubt the militia is under any illusion as to whether or not they'd be able to face the miscellaneous government forces in an up front, conventional fight. The same is true of the various brands of lesser equipped, lesser trained insurgents we've been fucking with in the middle east and East Africa for the last decade and a half.

The danger is that any hypothetical conflict larger in scope than the dipshits in Oregon would:
A: Not involve an up front fight, as it would take place within a context in which artillery bombardments and air strikes are impractical due to the inevitable collateral damage they'd cause to a population with the potential to swap sides on a whim and
B: Involve a degree of fracturing within the ranks of the forces in control of that firepower. I see a lot more military members driving around with III% bumper stickers than I do Hillary 2016 bumper stickers.

'Murican Canadian
04-11-2016, 06:41 AM
(03-11-2016 08:45 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  What in the fuck is the matter with people? This country is absolutely fucking insane.

Armed groups of Neanderthals have been part of the American landscape for decades. The threat they pose has always been mitigated by the sheer size of the armed forces poised to take them down. They can set up barricades and tote guns for only the briefest spells before well-armed employees of the FBI, the ATF and National Guardsmen will turn up to offer them the choice of surrendering or dying.

Americans are armed to the teeth. As a consequence, so are civic, state and federal governments. And their troops are sober and have IQs greater than their shoe sizes. And they're vastly better equipped and trained than the cavemen.
04-11-2016, 06:43 AM
(04-11-2016 06:22 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  

It's not the parkas - it's the harpoons.

[Image: getImageBin.asp?filename=MAU001710.jpg]

Quote:As for the argument Chas is making that it is illegal to use the military domestically, I said the National Guard, not the military as OMM points out. Dodgy

Yabut, I was responding to ViolexTV's post. Consider

There are only about 1.4 million members of the National Guards and the command structure is not unified, it is 54 separate ones. They are also under command of both state and federal government, so there could well be confusion as to who gets to do what to whom.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2016, 06:45 AM
Thinking about what some have said regarding apparent splits in the possible "loyalty" of various army rank layers . . .

What chance is there of effective mutiny/AWOL if regular soldiers or National Guardsmen were ordered to take violent action against those they have sympathies with?

Just how disciplined are the American armed forces?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
04-11-2016, 06:51 AM
(04-11-2016 06:45 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Thinking about what some have said regarding apparent splits in the possible "loyalty" of various army rank layers . . .

What chance is there of effective mutiny/AWOL if regular soldiers or National Guardsmen were ordered to take violent action against those they have sympathies with?

Just how disciplined are the American armed forces?

Historically, nearly every power vacuum that has stemmed from subcultural divisions and/or government instability has lead to a fracture within the military. It isn't about discipline, it's about loyalty. We're not all loyal to the same causes, and many of those militia members are prior military themselves.

'Murican Canadian
04-11-2016, 07:08 AM
I know several active duty and guardsmen --- and they're all of pretty much of the same opinion....

If troops were ordered to attack US civilians - there would be mass desertions.

This places the remaining military forces in a quandary.

If it's not wearing a uniform - it's a civilian -- who you're not allowed to shoot.

The insurrection forces don't have such a problem.

If it's wearing a uniform, it's a target.

It's the "MAD" doctrine from the cold war, writ large.

The resulting potential warfare would be so horrific - both sides will go to almost any length to avoid it....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post