US Militia groups preparing for elections

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2016, 07:28 AM
RE: US Militia groups preparing for elections
To add to the desertion / AWOL topic, I'll again remind everyone that there's a reason we get November off for hunting season. It's because our leadership learned long ago that the best way to cause half the unit to go AWOL was to force them to choose between the Army and deer hunting.

So yeah, this isn't a real time strategy game where you just point and click and expect orders to be followed. You have to take the mindset and culture of the soldiers into consideration.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2016, 08:54 AM
(04-11-2016 07:08 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I know several active duty and guardsmen --- and they're all of pretty much of the same opinion....

If troops were ordered to attack US civilians - there would be mass desertions.

This places the remaining military forces in a quandary.

If it's not wearing a uniform - it's a civilian -- who you're not allowed to shoot.

The insurrection forces don't have such a problem.

If it's wearing a uniform, it's a target.

It's the "MAD" doctrine from the cold war, writ large.

The resulting potential warfare would be so horrific - both sides will go to almost any length to avoid it....

Basically the same the assymetric warfare problem thst the West faces with militant Islam. We have rules, they do not.

Let's hope it never comes to that in the US.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
04-11-2016, 10:04 AM
(04-11-2016 07:28 AM)yakherder Wrote:  To add to the desertion / AWOL topic, I'll again remind everyone that there's a reason we get November off for hunting season. It's because our leadership learned long ago that the best way to cause half the unit to go AWOL was to force them to choose between the Army and deer hunting.

So yeah, this isn't a real time strategy game where you just point and click and expect orders to be followed. You have to take the mindset and culture of the soldiers into consideration.
[Image: derailon.jpg]I spent three years hunting deserters. It was quite satisfying. [Image: derailoff.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2016, 10:21 AM
(04-11-2016 10:04 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(04-11-2016 07:28 AM)yakherder Wrote:  To add to the desertion / AWOL topic, I'll again remind everyone that there's a reason we get November off for hunting season. It's because our leadership learned long ago that the best way to cause half the unit to go AWOL was to force them to choose between the Army and deer hunting.

[Image: derailon.jpg]I spent three years hunting deserters. It was quite satisfying. [Image: derailoff.jpg]

Navy right? Under what rating did you hunt deserters?

'Murican Canadian
04-11-2016, 11:45 AM
(04-11-2016 05:21 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(03-11-2016 02:33 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I hope so, OB. I've posted before that they are little more than drama queens, whining about their trivial first world problems.

This was exactly what I was trying to say! Thumbsup

In the past, during US elections, if the candidate you voted for lost, then you sat back and bitched about it for the next four years.

You did not threaten an armed march on the capitol.

Last time I checked, that fell under the category of treason.

Patriots my ass.

They've been screaming and crying about that for years. They've even made a few attempts but turned back when law enforcement said they would have a presence there.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
04-11-2016, 11:53 AM
(04-11-2016 06:31 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(04-11-2016 06:22 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I don't think that would rile them up as much as if they came to take away their fabulous parkas.

[Image: 2.jpg]

As for the argument Chas is making that it is illegal to use the military domestically, I said the National Guard, not the military as OMM points out. Dodgy

Quite interesting what the National Guard ROE in law enforcement comprises of.

https://publicintelligence.net/national-...ons-guide/

I would have thought that these better fit the "militia" of the, seemingly badly phrased, second ammendent.

Unregulated gangs of gunmen are not quite the same thing.

Technically the Guard is a different entity. The militia is governed under the US Militia Act of 1792, which states that all able bodied men between the ages of 18 and 54 are members of the militia.

Actually I like the idea of private militias as they provide an extra bulwark against tyranny. I'd prefer a system similar to that of the Swiss militia.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

04-11-2016, 11:56 AM
(04-11-2016 07:08 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I know several active duty and guardsmen --- and they're all of pretty much of the same opinion....

If it's not wearing a uniform - it's a civilian -- who you're not allowed to shoot.

The resulting potential warfare would be so horrific - both sides will go to almost any length to avoid it....

And if we reach the point that the US military is shooting it out in the streets with large groups of the populous, we effectively no longer have a United States of America any more.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

04-11-2016, 12:00 PM
(04-11-2016 11:56 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  

And if we reach the point that the US military is shooting it out in the streets with large groups of the populous, we effectively no longer have a United States of America any more.

Beginning to wonder if you have one at this moment.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
04-11-2016, 01:06 PM
(04-11-2016 12:00 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(04-11-2016 11:56 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  And if we reach the point that the US military is shooting it out in the streets with large groups of the populous, we effectively no longer have a United States of America any more.

Beginning to wonder if you have one at this moment.

It's still here. All the rhetoricians and pundits are making a lot of noise, is all.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
04-11-2016, 01:22 PM
"We won't fire the first shot, except we will and deny that we did."