US Militia groups preparing for elections

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2016, 11:28 PM
RE: US Militia groups preparing for elections
(04-11-2016 10:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Question, so if there is unrest to the point where people are out with guns and shit (I don't believe it will come to this if Hillary wins but this is America we're talking about, if there's one thing I know about America it's to not underestimate their stupidity), will Trump be held accountable for inciting unrest?

The people are already out with guns and shit. They always have been and are more so now than in the past. It's kinda like a domestic cold war over here.

It's cold and feels like war, at least ideologically...except for the fact that on one side of the ideology they actually have guns that they are itching to use. It's deeply unsettling if you ask me, but I have faith (yeah we all know how far that gets you) that the better angels of our nature will prevail and we can use the more powerful weapon of what is left of the democracy to stave off the parasitic ideologies of our past.

Four more days and we'll find out. God help us all.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
04-11-2016, 11:37 PM
(04-11-2016 10:25 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Question, so if there is unrest to the point where people are out with guns and shit (I don't believe it will come to this if Hillary wins but this is America we're talking about, if there's one thing I know about America it's to not underestimate their stupidity), will Trump be held accountable for inciting unrest?

Nope. He's got too much money.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
05-11-2016, 01:37 AM

You would have to be able to establish a direct link between Trump or s campaign rep inciting violence to do that.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
05-11-2016, 02:18 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2016 02:31 AM by Gloucester.)
Might have been mentioned elsewhere, haven't read everything yet today, but just heard that a judge in Ohio has warned against voter intimidation.

Update: seems the judge has placed a restraining order on Trump's team for them not to intimidate voters. Now, how do you define "intimidate"?

Sounding more and more like a third world election. You guys need any European election observers?

Later:
Or should it be armed UN observers? No, no country would be stupid enough to risk their troops!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
05-11-2016, 04:53 AM
(04-11-2016 10:21 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(04-11-2016 10:04 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  [Image: derailon.jpg]I spent three years hunting deserters. It was quite satisfying. [Image: derailoff.jpg]

Navy right? Under what rating did you hunt deserters?

It was shore duty for me. Machinist Mate at sea, What Everist on shore. When I arrived at the unit in San Diego we had 10,000 deserters on the roles. They were returned whenever they were caught for other offenses, like speeding, which wasn't that often. The USN has a cap on personnel, like the other branches, and those 10,000 no-shows counted. I got the brass to start actively look for them. By the time I left we had it down to 3,000, meaning there were 7,000 more people actually showing up for work. That's ~2 aircraft carrier crews added to the fleet.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2016, 04:54 AM
The militia are just a bunch of boys-with-toys.
05-11-2016, 10:44 AM
(05-11-2016 04:53 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(04-11-2016 10:21 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Navy right? Under what rating did you hunt deserters?

It was shore duty for me. Machinist Mate at sea, What Everist on shore. When I arrived at the unit in San Diego we had 10,000 deserters on the roles. They were returned whenever they were caught for other offenses, like speeding, which wasn't that often. The USN has a cap on personnel, like the other branches, and those 10,000 no-shows counted. I got the brass to start actively look for them. By the time I left we had it down to 3,000, meaning there were 7,000 more people actually showing up for work. That's ~2 aircraft carrier crews added to the fleet.

I figured you'd have been a Master at Arms for that. I've had to stand heel and toe watches when guys went UA or were in the brig, on my last ship. Makes for one tired boy, I can tell you that.
05-11-2016, 11:31 AM
(05-11-2016 10:44 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(05-11-2016 04:53 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  It was shore duty for me. Machinist Mate at sea, What Everist on shore. When I arrived at the unit in San Diego we had 10,000 deserters on the roles. They were returned whenever they were caught for other offenses, like speeding, which wasn't that often. The USN has a cap on personnel, like the other branches, and those 10,000 no-shows counted. I got the brass to start actively look for them. By the time I left we had it down to 3,000, meaning there were 7,000 more people actually showing up for work. That's ~2 aircraft carrier crews added to the fleet.

I figured you'd have been a Master at Arms for that. I've had to stand heel and toe watches when guys went UA or were in the brig, on my last ship. Makes for one tired boy, I can tell you that.

Been an interesting experience moving from active duty to National Guard. We get away with a lot of shit at my unit in Vermont that wouldn't have been tolerated in active duty, or even at my unit in Las Vegas. My unit in Vegas was at about 110% capacity, which meant they could afford to drop some people. My unit now is more like 60% or 70%, and we've got people on the books that haven't shown up for several years. But they still keep them because our funding is based largely on our numbers. They won't start cleaning up the books (or sending out the MPs) until we get about a year out from deployment.

Don't get me wrong, I love these guys. Even the administrative fuck ups can shoot the dick off a turkey from half a kilometer away. My counterparts back in Vegas might have seemed sharper on paper, but I didn't look forward to deploying with them.

'Murican Canadian
05-11-2016, 11:32 AM
(05-11-2016 10:44 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(05-11-2016 04:53 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  It was shore duty for me. Machinist Mate at sea, What Everist on shore. When I arrived at the unit in San Diego we had 10,000 deserters on the roles. They were returned whenever they were caught for other offenses, like speeding, which wasn't that often. The USN has a cap on personnel, like the other branches, and those 10,000 no-shows counted. I got the brass to start actively look for them. By the time I left we had it down to 3,000, meaning there were 7,000 more people actually showing up for work. That's ~2 aircraft carrier crews added to the fleet.

The LCPO was a MA (E-8/9 billet) and although he was junior to me I was okay with an MA1 being LPO. It was his rate and he made chief the next time around based at least partially on that.

(Translations available. Smartass )
05-11-2016, 11:48 AM
(05-11-2016 04:54 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The militia are just a bunch of boys-with-toys.

You'd be surprised......

There were all sorts there...

There were some pretty good people, civic minded and all -- who liked the idea of "the citizen soldier" -- taking the responsibility to help protect the country....

There was also some gen-u-ine whackjobs who needed a healthy shot of Thorazine and some electro-shock therapy.... A lot of these types joined figuring it'd give them access to firearms - seeing they weren't allowed to own any....

There were conspiracy theorists who make the tinfoil hat brigade look pretty mainstream....

What ends up happening is the sane people end up leaving to distance themselves from the section 8 types....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.