Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2012, 11:24 AM
US National Atheist Party
Hey Americans Smile

What do you guys think about the NAP?
I think it's a good move and id love to see something like it in my Egypt

and a proposed slogan "It's NAP time" xD

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2012, 11:28 AM
RE: US National Atheist Party
I'll say what I said in the other topic.

"Religious beliefs or the lack of religious beliefs should never enter the realm of politics. Religious ideology isn't political, and we need to stop making it political. "

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
20-01-2012, 12:32 PM
NO ATHEIST PARTY!

If you follow discussions here at all, you see that we are not all on the same page, some not even the same chapter.

I think that a political party (or parties) that has secular humanism as a plank and stands by it with no pandering to religions is what we need.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-01-2012, 12:39 PM
I didn't listen to that podcast yet... I got to the point where the guy said, "And it just turns out, Atheists ARE progressive center-left voters." That is enough for what I need to hear about.

That is flat out wrong even though I probably am one. It isn't a legit tying trend and it just shows the type of people he gathered are more than not that type of thinker. It may show more progressive left center atheists are more open to the idea of having a part in this "party."

I heard later he said something about the majority being secular humanists... That would be a better idea for a party line. Make a humanist party.
20-01-2012, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2012 01:51 PM by Jackrabbit.)
(20-01-2012 11:28 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'll say what I said in the other topic.

"Religious beliefs or the lack of religious beliefs should never enter the realm of politics. Religious ideology isn't political, and we need to stop making it political. "

If you've listened to the podcast you woulda heard what he said,
their trying to enforce separation of church and state, freedom of/from religion
and looking at matters like abortion or civil rights without involving god,
based on consensus, experts and arguing.

So it's secular and secular is good, in response to all the christian right-wing going on.
And he actually says he doesn't speak for all atheists, he just speaks for godless
people who agree with the party's policies, which are all decided by in party vote.

I dont see why you find this objectable. if that's even a word
(20-01-2012 12:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  NO ATHEIST PARTY!

If you follow discussions here at all, you see that we are not all on the same page, some not even the same chapter.

I think that a political party (or parties) that has secular humanism as a plank and stands by it with no pandering to religions is what we need.

That seems to be what he's talking about in the podcast and on the website's about and faq

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
20-01-2012, 01:52 PM
(20-01-2012 01:50 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  
(20-01-2012 11:28 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'll say what I said in the other topic.

If you've listened to the podcast you woulda heard what he said,
their trying to enforce separation of church and state, freedom of/from religion
and looking at matters like abortion or civil rights without involving god,
based on consensus, experts and arguing.

So it's secular and secular is good, in response to all the christian right-wing going on.
And he actually says he doesn't speak for all atheists, he just speaks for godless
people who agree with the party's policies, which are all decided by in party vote.

I dont see why you find this objectable. if that's even a word

I don't. I didn't listen to the podcast. All I said is that any type of religious or irreligious ideology doesn't belong in politics. I agree with anyone that agrees with that.

20-01-2012, 02:00 PM
(20-01-2012 01:52 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I don't. I didn't listen to the podcast. All I said is that any type of religious or irreligious ideology doesn't belong in politics. I agree with anyone that agrees with that.

then u agree with the party xD

20-01-2012, 02:02 PM
(20-01-2012 02:00 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  
(20-01-2012 01:52 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I don't. I didn't listen to the podcast. All I said is that any type of religious or irreligious ideology doesn't belong in politics. I agree with anyone that agrees with that.

then u agree with the party xD

Awesome.

20-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Wasn't this what TrainWreck was constantly talking about?
20-01-2012, 09:04 PM
I read the title, all I'm thinking is Pink Floyd's marching hammers. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user