US Politics Cause Massive Gun and Ammo Shortage.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2013, 11:54 AM
RE: US Politics Cause Massive Gun and Ammo Shortage.
(25-03-2013 11:49 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Yeah, I could see how the NRA claiming certain people want to ban guns is pretty ridiculous, cause then those said people propose gun bans to scare people even more.
http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/3-rea...seriously/
Satire is a very effective form of critism. But ultimately when you take a step back the NRA does not act with the intrests of Gun owners it acts in the intrests of the gun industry. That is why ultimatly it only has as much power as people are willing to give it. NRA is against manditory background checks 90% of Americans are for those.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Re: RE: US Politics Cause Massive Gun and Ammo Shortage.
(25-03-2013 11:54 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-03-2013 11:49 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Yeah, I could see how the NRA claiming certain people want to ban guns is pretty ridiculous, cause then those said people propose gun bans to scare people even more.
http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/3-rea...seriously/
Satire is a very effective form of critism. But ultimately when you take a step back the NRA does not act with the intrests of Gun owners it acts in the intrests of the gun industry. That is why ultimatly it only has as much power as people are willing to give it. NRA is against manditory background checks 90% of Americans are for those.

Maybe when you stop posting links to smear articles written by the mad magazine of online newsites, you might be able to get somewhere. 90% of gun owners? You're seriously trying to pass that off? No fuzzy math plz.

I'm sure we're not far away from you enlightening us that the only reason the NRA does soo much with shooting sports and firearm safety is to keep the buyers buying and the profits high:angel:You do realize who works in and for the gun industry right? It's certainly not feinstien sympathizers.
25-03-2013, 01:11 PM
(25-03-2013 12:59 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  
(25-03-2013 11:54 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/3-rea...seriously/

Maybe when you stop posting links to smear articles written by the mad magazine of online newsites, you might be able to get somewhere. 90% of gun owners? You're seriously trying to pass that off? No fuzzy math plz.

I'm sure we're not far away from you enlightening us that the only reason the NRA does soo much with shooting sports and firearm safety is to keep the buyers buying and the profits high:angel:You do realize who works in and for the gun industry right? It's certainly not feinstien sympathizers.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-34222_162-57...nd-checks/
There ya go thats what I'm using for my numbers

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
25-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Re: US Politics Cause Massive Gun and Ammo Shortage.
That's what I thought.

NY Times.
25-03-2013, 02:01 PM
(25-03-2013 01:56 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  That's what I thought.

NY Times.
Yeah I know not as repuatable as fox news or the drudge report Dodgy

25-03-2013, 04:21 PM
For gun lovers, who have not read it yet, I recommend reading the thread: "Options in a mental institution."

at: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...nstitution

For gun-haters, too, come to think of it.
25-03-2013, 06:18 PM
(24-03-2013 11:13 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  I was unaware of 30-round .22s. That's neat, I might pick one up if prices and laws ever get back to normal... And yeah, guns can last centuries, but a lot don't. If they see regular use or if they're neglected they'll wear out in 50 years or so. Most century-plus guns are milsurps that were used for 5-10 years, preserved in cosmoline, and usually rebuilt at some point. A century is optimistic for most guns. But fifty years is a reasonable expectation as far as lifespan is concerned.
30 round pistol, available in .22 mag/ .22 WMR
http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/pistols/pmr-30/

I know of 50 round mag's for the 10/22, wouldn't be surprised to see 100 round drum.
http://www.brownells.com/magazines/rifle...23232.aspx

Also aftermarket drums are available for my 8mm Mauser (milsurp) that are 50 rounds, but they are hard to come by nowadays. I wouldn't buy one though.

They're are millions of milsurp military rifles that are from WWI and WWII in circulation. Some were stored in cosmoline, but many others weren't, particularly German weapons. In the 50's through the 70's they sold a ton out of barrels in hardware stores and general stores. Aside from that they're were tons of bringback rifles to. You are right though, a shitload of 'em were stored in comoline, you can find a ton at a Curio and Relic gun shops online. Superb Mosin Nagants were going for a 100 bucks last year, but I hear they are starting to dry up. RC Mausers are still somewhat plentiful, but they are selling at a higher price-point. At any rate well over a million Mauser's were produced in the Danzig munitions factory alone leading up to and during WW1, the Lepzig (?) factory produced nearly as many, those were not stored in cosmoline, most of them were sportized for hunting and they don't wear out, they were well built. Sorry for rambling... Tongue

25-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Wouldn't it be brilliant if this big scare to ban guns and shit in the US was all a conspiracy by the big gun companies to make a few politicians suggest gun banning as to scare people to go out and buy all the ammo and guns they can humanly get their hands on.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
25-03-2013, 06:40 PM
(25-03-2013 06:18 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(24-03-2013 11:13 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  I was unaware of 30-round .22s. That's neat, I might pick one up if prices and laws ever get back to normal... And yeah, guns can last centuries, but a lot don't. If they see regular use or if they're neglected they'll wear out in 50 years or so. Most century-plus guns are milsurps that were used for 5-10 years, preserved in cosmoline, and usually rebuilt at some point. A century is optimistic for most guns. But fifty years is a reasonable expectation as far as lifespan is concerned.
30 round pistol, available in .22 mag/ .22 WMR
http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/pistols/pmr-30/

I know of 50 round mag's for the 10/22, wouldn't be surprised to see 100 round drum.
http://www.brownells.com/magazines/rifle...23232.aspx

Also aftermarket drums are available for my 8mm Mauser (milsurp) that are 50 rounds, but they are hard to come by nowadays. I wouldn't buy one though.

They're are millions of milsurp military rifles that are from WWI and WWII in circulation. Some were stored in cosmoline, but many others weren't, particularly German weapons. In the 50's through the 70's they sold a ton out of barrels in hardware stores and general stores. Aside from that they're were tons of bringback rifles to. You are right though, a shitload of 'em were stored in comoline, you can find a ton at a Curio and Relic gun shops online. Superb Mosin Nagants were going for a 100 bucks last year, but I hear they are starting to dry up. RC Mausers are still somewhat plentiful, but they are selling at a higher price-point. At any rate well over a million Mauser's were produced in the Danzig munitions factory alone leading up to and during WW1, the Lepzig (?) factory produced nearly as many, those were not stored in cosmoline, most of them were sportized for hunting and they don't wear out, they were well built. Sorry for rambling... Tongue
No problem mate. Smile

I don't trust a lot of third party hi-cap mags, especially for rimfire. They tend not to be reliable. I've heard the Ruger-made BX-25 mags are excellent, but that most other mags for the 10/22 over 20 rounds are iffy. I've heard the same for Glock mags, that if you go north of 20 rounds or so most are unreliable except for the 33-round G18 style mags that Glock still sells. And I can believe it; probably 80% of the malfunctions I've had since I started to shoot were failures to feed due to shitty magazines. 15% were from bad ammo. Other 5% was the gun itself; once had the operating rod on an Inland M1 Carbine slide out of its rails while shooting -- that was fun! Not.

You can always get the 100 round Betamax drums of course, for some guns, but they're for novelty more than anything else. Especially the ones they make for 7.62x51mm, yeah let's sling about 30 pounds under that rifle for you, that's tactical. Hobo

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
25-03-2013, 07:08 PM
(25-03-2013 02:01 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-03-2013 01:56 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  That's what I thought.

NY Times.
Yeah I know not as repuatable as fox news or the drudge report Dodgy
Sorry but your stereotype is a little off since both sides have their gun grabbers and I'm not about that(standing by for accusations of Libratarianism!). I'm also glad everyone else in this thread is jumping on the old,scared white people stereotype.

(25-03-2013 06:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wouldn't it be brilliant if this big scare to ban guns and shit in the US was all a conspiracy by the big gun companies to make a few politicians suggest gun banning as to scare people to go out and buy all the ammo and guns they can humanly get their hands on.
That makes 2!

[Image: bwahaha.jpeg]