US State Department restarts Hillary Clinton email probe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2016, 09:51 AM
RE: US State Department restarts Hillary Clinton email probe
(08-07-2016 07:19 AM)BnW Wrote:  Perjury is always difficult to prove. But, given the distance between what she said under oath and the actual reality, I'd say a prosecutor could make a case if one was willing.

But given that the DoJ is the department that handles Congressional perjury cases, we know she wouldn't get charged for that either. They'll just say "we don't think we'd get a conviction."

But at least some of the American people are paying attention. I doubt it will be enough to sway the election. This country is so partisan now, we have to vote for whomever they put up, or the other side wins.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2016, 10:02 AM
(08-07-2016 04:00 AM)BnW Wrote:  WillHopp covered my response on why it's meaningless.

As for Gowdy, he can't work on a perjury charge. Congress can't prosecute. They just don't have that power. But, they can add it to the Articles of Impeachment I think they plan to hit her with on January 21.

Just remember that's not a criminal proceeding.

Everyone needs to pay careful attention to her VP pick because that decision could end up being relevant.

They won't have the votes in the Senate by that time. That being the case, I highly doubt they would lay charges. The calculus is against them.
08-07-2016, 10:09 AM
I think if the Republicans maintain control of the House, and I expect they will, they will push for Impeachment irrespective of the likely outcome in the Senate. The likelihood of success is not going to be even a remote consideration in their calculus.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
08-07-2016, 10:19 AM
(08-07-2016 10:09 AM)BnW Wrote:  I think if the Republicans maintain control of the House, and I expect they will, they will push for Impeachment irrespective of the likely outcome in the Senate. The likelihood of success is not going to be even a remote consideration in their calculus.

I believe this is their plan. They're counting on keeping the house (likely) and HOPING they keep the Senate (maybe). If they keep both, she'll be a lame duck. Nothing she wants will get through. She won't get reelected if she gets impeached in the house, even if she's found not guilty by the Senate.

But it may backfire on them. I can see it going both ways.

[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
08-07-2016, 10:21 AM
They (Congress) told Comey yesterday they will be sending him a "referral" (to investigate perjury). It ain't over.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-07-2016, 10:30 AM
Good luck with that. We are talking about three emails out of more than 30K. She has plausibility on her side. No chance this hurts her. Plus, she's a former lawyer, she knows how to give an answer that can later work in her favor. Experts have already weighed in on this, it's a stunt and won't amount to any prosecution. Keep wasting taxpayer money and time, Republicans, that will win you elections.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-07-2016, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2016 10:42 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(08-07-2016 10:30 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Good luck with that. We are talking about three emails out of more than 30K. She has plausibility on her side. No chance this hurts her. Plus, she's a former lawyer, she knows how to give an answer that can later work in her favor. Experts have already weighed in on this, it's a stunt and won't amount to any prosecution. Keep wasting taxpayer money and time, Republicans, that will win you elections.

3? Thought Mr. Comey said 110? She also signed a SWORN statement that she had turned over all of her emails. Comey said that she had not.

[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
08-07-2016, 10:50 AM
(08-07-2016 10:36 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 10:30 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Good luck with that. We are talking about three emails out of more than 30K. She has plausibility on her side. No chance this hurts her. Plus, she's a former lawyer, she knows how to give an answer that can later work in her favor. Experts have already weighed in on this, it's a stunt and won't amount to any prosecution. Keep wasting taxpayer money and time, Republicans, that will win you elections.

3? Thought Mr. Comey said 110? She also signed a SWORN statement that she had turned over all of her emails. Comey said that she had not.

This is why people need to use critical thinking and examine all of the stories out there and not just listen to the Republican morons who grilled Comey.

Only three of the emails had "portion markings" to indicate they were classified, according to Comey. Those emails had markings buried within the email indicated by parenthesis or some other subtle marking. When it comes to 30K emails and finding only three that were marked, which is what she swore to, that she didn't have emails that were marked as classified, she has plausible deniability on her side. To your second point, Comey also said she very well could have turned over everything to the FBI but that her lawyers, unbeknownst to her, had withheld some.

Again, three out of 30K emails with mere portion markings buried in those three? She will never be convicted of perjury. It is extremely difficult to prove and since we are talking about an enormous amount of data from YEARS ago, it's plausible for someone to not remember honestly that there were three slight portion markings in 30K emails.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
08-07-2016, 11:44 AM

Actually, hitting her credibility and integrity could win them the election. If her opponent was anyone but Fuckface von Clownstick, I think she'd be done.

And,I think LDH is right about the potential Impeachment. It not only hurts a reelection bid, it also ties up a lot of her time and resources.

Sometimes it's more about the journey than the destination. The Republicans don't have to successfully impeach her to succeed. And, while they may realize there is very little chanceof Trump beating her, attacking her this wayay help them keep the Senate.

It may not be a productive use of tax payer dollars but it's smart politics.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
08-07-2016, 11:54 AM
(08-07-2016 11:44 AM)BnW Wrote:  

Actually, hitting her credibility and integrity could win them the election. If her opponent was anyone but Fuckface von Clownstick, I think she'd be done.

And,I think LDH is right about the potential Impeachment. It not only hurts a reelection bid, it also ties up a lot of her time and resources.

Sometimes it's more about the journey than the destination. The Republicans don't have to successfully impeach her to succeed. And, while they may realize there is very little chanceof Trump beating her, attacking her this wayay help them keep the Senate.

It may not be a productive use of tax payer dollars but it's smart politics.

"Fuckface von Clownstick" ....
Laugh out load

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.