US State Department restarts Hillary Clinton email probe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2016, 12:05 PM
RE: US State Department restarts Hillary Clinton email probe
(08-07-2016 11:44 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 10:30 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Good luck with that. We are talking about three emails out of more than 30K. She has plausibility on her side. No chance this hurts her. Plus, she's a former lawyer, she knows how to give an answer that can later work in her favor. Experts have already weighed in on this, it's a stunt and won't amount to any prosecution. Keep wasting taxpayer money and time, Republicans, that will win you elections.

Actually, hitting her credibility and integrity could win them the election. If her opponent was anyone but Fuckface von Clownstick, I think she'd be done.

And,I think LDH is right about the potential Impeachment. It not only hurts a reelection bid, it also ties up a lot of her time and resources.

Sometimes it's more about the journey than the destination. The Republicans don't have to successfully impeach her to succeed. And, while they may realize there is very little chanceof Trump beating her, attacking her this wayay help them keep the Senate.

It may not be a productive use of tax payer dollars but it's smart politics.

If a republican house impeaches Hillary day 1 it will nearly guarantee a 2nd term for her. It would set up a Her vs the Republican Lunatics for most of the country. To this day most people consider the impeachment of Bill Clinton a stupid political dog and pony show and is far more a black mark on the record of those that pushed the impeachment than it ever has been for Bill.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
08-07-2016, 12:06 PM
(08-07-2016 10:30 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Good luck with that. We are talking about three emails out of more than 30K. She has plausibility on her side. No chance this hurts her. Plus, she's a former lawyer, she knows how to give an answer that can later work in her favor. Experts have already weighed in on this, it's a stunt and won't amount to any prosecution. Keep wasting taxpayer money and time, Republicans, that will win you elections.

Actually, hitting her credibility and integrity could win them the election. If her opponent was anyone but Fuckface von Clownstick, I think she'd be done.

And,I think LDH is right about the potential Impeachment. It not only hurts a reelection bid, it also ties up a lot of her time and resources.

Sometimes it's more about the journey than the destination. The Republicans don't have to successfully impeach her to succeed. And, while they may realize there is very little chanceof Trump beating her, attacking her this wayay help them keep the Senate.

I recently watched a video that showed how we've split as a nation over the last 60 years. The video demonstrated the pattern of voting in Congress, how they've become partisan. 60 years ago, congress often voted across party lines, for the betterment of all, often with a majority 2/3 vote on everything. In the latest congress, it looked like a wall between red/blue, with only 2-3 votes crossing over.

This is the new normal. Votes along party lines. No confirmation hearings. Nothing gets passed. President is the opposite party of the congress so everything gets vetoed.

Hell, if Hillary wins and the republicans keep the Senate, we might only have 5 justices on the supreme Court by the end of her term.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
08-07-2016, 12:21 PM

Using tax dollars and time to do it. Great. It's going to backfire just like all the other attempts.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-07-2016, 12:39 PM
I think a few of you have been in a coma the past 8 years. The Republicans have been focused exclusively on catering to a dwindling base of supporters since Obama was elected. If you think they are not going to go forward with an Impeachment, you haven't been paying attention.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
08-07-2016, 12:57 PM
(08-07-2016 12:39 PM)BnW Wrote:  I think a few of you have been in a coma the past 8 years. The Republicans have been focused exclusively on catering to a dwindling base of supporters since Obama was elected. If you think they are not going to go forward with an Impeachment, you haven't been paying attention.

You are probably right. It doesn't matter if that action is justified - heck, they're trying to impeach the IRS chief for stuff that happened before he even worked there. It doesn't matter if they can win, just as it didn't matter if the investigations would amount to anything. They may well do it for the sheer political theater. We've already had the sauce for the gander, it'll be time to sauce the goose.

Ken Starr didn't have much luck as a university chancellor. Maybe they'll recruit him for Clinton Hunt: The Sequel.
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post
08-07-2016, 01:06 PM
In all fairness, there is a discrepancy between what Comey says she told his agent's and her sworn testimony to Congress. It's not unreasonable for them to ask the FBI to investigate why that is.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
08-07-2016, 01:09 PM
What a fucking waste of time and money.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-07-2016, 01:39 PM
(08-07-2016 01:06 PM)BnW Wrote:  In all fairness, there is a discrepancy between what Comey says she told his agent's and her sworn testimony to Congress. It's not unreasonable for them to ask the FBI to investigate why that is.

Call it what it is, desperation.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
08-07-2016, 02:10 PM
(07-07-2016 09:00 PM)Vosur Wrote:  http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36742095

Well well well, would you look at that? Consider

CNNs article on the same subject

If I'm reading this right, they're not focusing on Clinton, but rather just the people under her.
08-07-2016, 02:38 PM
(08-07-2016 02:10 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 09:00 PM)Vosur Wrote:  http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36742095

Well well well, would you look at that? Consider

CNNs article on the same subject

If I'm reading this right, they're not focusing on Clinton, but rather just the people under her.

Right, that's what I was alluding to earlier.

Two topics are floating around on this thread now, the perjury probe and the state case. Neither will amount to anything for Clinton.

----