US army cutting down?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2014, 04:15 PM
RE: US army cutting down?
(24-02-2014 04:13 PM)bemore Wrote:  Makes me wonder how long people will keep on accepting this shit, what they will do about it when that happens and what TPTB will do to keep hold of power.

Sad but true answer, we don't care because they only do it to brown people.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
24-02-2014, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2014 04:37 PM by War Horse.)
Quote:War Horse Wrote:
We see this clearly, when the one side is willing to give a little to the other side for negotiations, but not let go of the sweetheart deals for their constituency (lobbyists i.e big corporations), and screw the people at the low end of the scale to make it seem that they're cutting costs.

Quote:... that's a much more conspiratorial shade of pessimism than I would say is warranted. One's constituency is the electorate. Doubly so that part of it which voted one in. Everything else is useful only so far as it helps win elections. Does this mean there are perverse incentives and systematic flaws? Absolutely. Does this mean "THE SYSTEM IS CORRUPT WAKE UP SHEEPLE"? No.

Not really, we already see this in the fact that they're trying to cut down Social Security age and benifits, when they have borrowed from the fund and put in IOU's(when it had a huge surplus) for that money they in effect stole (non of those crooks are in office anymore, leaving the new crooks to deal with the problem). SS was never meant to be used a private government money tree, and the people never had a vote to OK any loans from that system, they just helped themselves. Now the bastards call SS an "entitlement" that we had to pay into all our working lives.

And the other thing is that once anyone wins an election, they could give a shit less about their electorate constituency, other than paying lip service.

Tho, I do think that you and I are not that awful far apart on the overall picture.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
24-02-2014, 04:50 PM
(24-02-2014 04:27 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Not really, we already see this in the fact that they're trying to cut down Social Security age and benifits, when they have borrowed from the fund and put in IOU's(when it had a huge surplus) for that money they in effect stole (non of those crooks are in office anymore, leaving the new crooks to deal with the problem). SS was never meant to be used a private government money tree, and the people never had a vote to OK any loans from that system, they just helped themselves. Now the bastards call SS an "entitlement" that we had to pay into all our working lives.

Raising the minimum age is not unreasonable, if one is keeping in mind what the original age represented as a fraction of expected contemporary life expectancy versus what it represents versus a fraction of modern life expectancy.

But no, screwing the future to reward the present is a great way to appeal to older voters. Keyword voters.

Even the genuine bastards and assholes in office are beholden to the democratic process. Voter apathy is about the biggest sin a free citizen can commit.

(24-02-2014 04:27 PM)War Horse Wrote:  And the other thing is that once anyone wins an election, they could give a shit less about their electorate constituency, other than paying lip service.

Sure, so long as you're not worried about the next election; identity association with one's larger party and its standing notwithstanding...
Wink

(24-02-2014 04:27 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Tho, I do think that you and I are not that awful far apart on the overall picture.

No indeed, and if you catch me in the right mood I'll rant at you like an unrepentant Marxist, but the single most important maxim ever when it comes to analysing the actions of others is "incompetence before malice".

... this is my signature!
24-02-2014, 05:03 PM
(24-02-2014 02:51 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 02:24 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Um, yes it does.... that money isnt going anywhere to help any economy, or at least not in any real sense. How would the money thats justified by congress to help the nations workforce be considered well spent, if its going for executive compensation?

Well people who believe in flat tax rates and supply-side think it's great for the economy. Go figure, eh? Facepalm

Yeah.....

[Image: wealth%2Bwill%2Btrickle%2Bdown.jpg]

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
24-02-2014, 11:50 PM
(24-02-2014 08:36 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  It is my opinion that you have legalised corruption in your country through that.

I concur with your opinion, as do most voters, it seems. But the idiots keep voting for the same two political parties that are responsible, so nothing can ever change. IMHO, Americans are too stupid for representative government to work.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
25-02-2014, 07:23 AM
To the OP, good it is time we fund our military less. No reason for us to out spend every other nation by significant margins. It is long past time for us to stop being the world police. Every time we send our boys and girls in to die for someone elses problems it cheapens the sacrifice they are willing to make on our behalf. I am truly tired of seeing that sacrafice wasted by our politicians.

This is no bash against our solders, I have the utmost respect for our volenteer military men and women.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post