US bombs Afghanistan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2017, 10:48 AM
RE: US bombs Afghanistan
Well, that'll show them.

Obviously along the same lines of showing brawns without brains. Hard to say without additional information, but short of hitting Mullah Omar I fail to see any reason or strategy behind this.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2017, 10:51 AM
(13-04-2017 10:48 AM)abaris Wrote:  Well, that'll show them.

Obviously along the same lines of showing brawns without brains. Hard to say without additional information, but short of hitting Mullah Omar I fail to see any reason or strategy behind this.

They were looking for someplace to use the bomb. This is a pretty deserted place, little likelihood of innocents being hit, and apparently there was reason to think some Isis folks were there.

But basically, it's a bomb the US never tried before.

Boys and their toys Shocking

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 8 users Like Dom's post
13-04-2017, 10:54 AM
(13-04-2017 10:51 AM)Dom Wrote:  

They were looking for someplace to use the bomb. This is a pretty deserted place, little likelihood of innocents being hit, and apparently there was reason to think some Isis folks were there.

Oh, and a green beret was killed there not long ago.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-04-2017, 10:56 AM
(13-04-2017 10:36 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I'll be interested to hear more as info comes in. Offhand I can't think of any practical reason to drop a MOAB.

We are dealing with Trump here. His 'practical' reason is that Afghanistan is first alphabetically. On the one hand it could be a good idea to move to Zimbabwe - on the other hand Zimbabwe is a long way from being an Earthly paradise - on the gripping hand any country that appears alphabetically after the United States of America is an option.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

[+] 5 users Like Norm Deplume's post
13-04-2017, 10:56 AM
(13-04-2017 10:54 AM)Dom Wrote:  Oh, and a green beret was killed there not long ago.

Ah, I get it, a life that actually mattered as opposed to the dozens being killed in Kabul this morning. Well worth detonating a few million of dollars on a stretch of desert. Here's hoping that it really was the desert and not the Vietnam way of winning hearts and minds.

[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
13-04-2017, 11:00 AM
(13-04-2017 10:51 AM)Dom Wrote:  

Funny, here I am with my parents watching it on fox news, well more so I have my headphones in listening to.

I think it about sums it up.... Gosh my parent's are beyond happy about this. Facepalm

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
[+] 5 users Like Ruby Crystal's post
13-04-2017, 11:07 AM
I just wonder how long it's going to be before the rest of the world decides he's too dangerous and unites against the US.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
13-04-2017, 11:07 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/13/politics/a...index.html

Quote:A GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast Bomb, nicknamed MOAB, was dropped at 7 p.m. local time Thursday, the sources said.
The MOAB is also known as the "mother of all bombs." A MOAB is a 21,600-pound, GPS-guided munition that is America's most powerful non-nuclear bomb.

The bomb was dropped by an MC-130 aircraft, operated by Air Force Special Operations Command, according to the military sources.
They said the target was an ISIS tunnel and cave complex as well as personnel in the Achin district of the Nangarhar province.

13-04-2017, 11:09 AM
By the way, doesn't anyone here find it funny and sad that when the Germans bombed places in Britain that were 'non war zones' it was suddenly horrible. Yet, when it's thought a few ISIS people are there out of the innocents where it's a 'war zone'?

*Shakes head*

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
[+] 1 user Likes Ruby Crystal's post
13-04-2017, 11:09 AM
(13-04-2017 11:07 AM)julep Wrote:  I just wonder how long it's going to be before the rest of the world decides he's too dangerous and unites against the US.

Don't worry, Europe's busy licking his boots every step of his way. The way our politicians and media reacts to him going rogue makes me fear he's dragging us along into a major war. I wonder what an American president has to do for our politicians to grow a spine.

[+] 2 users Like abaris's post