US bombs Afghanistan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2017, 11:12 AM
RE: US bombs Afghanistan
He's found out that the perfect way to stop all the talk about his blunders is to shoot missiles and drop bombs. Changes the conversation and unifies the country.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
13-04-2017, 11:14 AM
(13-04-2017 11:12 AM)Dom Wrote:  He's found out that the perfect way to stop all the talk about his blunders is to shoot missiles and drop bombs. Changes the conversation and unifies the country.

But not what his most ardent followers wanted him to do. He caught them by taking an isolationist position.

Personally I think that his possible involvement with Russia makes him dangerous as a caged animal. He has to prove something and that may well lead to him taking incalculable risks.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
13-04-2017, 11:28 AM
Way to go, Presidentish Thump!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
13-04-2017, 11:44 AM
(13-04-2017 10:42 AM)Vera Wrote:  Abaris, that's weird. Try this one.

"BREAKING: US drops LARGEST non-nuclear bomb in combat for FIRST time
THE United States has reportedly dropped a Massive Ordnance Air Blast Bomb – the largest non-nuclear weapon in its arsenal – on an ISIS tunnel target in Afghanistan.

The bomb was dropped in Afghanistan's Nangarhar province, CNN reports.

The blast radius is believed to be over 300 meters and the weapon is described as "the father of all bombs"."

And this. (it's the same, but it's CNN)

You got that confused somehow:

The MOAB is the "mother of all bombs" with ca. 11t TNT equivalent and 150m blast radius.
The russian ATBIP "father of all bombs" has 44t TNT eqivalent (being even 1t lighter than MOAB) and 300m blast radius.
However the russian ATBIP is a conventional bomb, whereas the MOAB is a guided weapon.

Quite a conicidence that "Castle Bravo" the biggest US nuke ever, had 15MT and the russian Tsar had ca. 50MT, also being 4 times stronger than its american counterpart. Smartass

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
13-04-2017, 11:49 AM
I don't know what to say.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

13-04-2017, 12:05 PM
(13-04-2017 11:44 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  

THE United States has reportedly dropped a Massive Ordnance Air Blast Bomb – the largest non-nuclear weapon in its arsenal – on an ISIS tunnel target in Afghanistan.

The blast radius is believed to be over 300 meters and the weapon is described as "the father of all bombs"."

The MOAB is the "mother of all bombs" with ca. 11t TNT equivalent and 150m blast radius.
The russian ATBIP "father of all bombs" has 44t TNT eqivalent (being even 1t lighter than MOAB) and 300m blast radius.
However the russian ATBIP is a conventional bomb, whereas the MOAB is a guided weapon.

Quite a conicidence that "Castle Bravo" the biggest US nuke ever, had 15MT and the russian Tsar had ca. 50MT, also being 4 times stronger than its american counterpart. Smartass

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GBU-43/B_M..._Air_Blast
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-04-2017, 12:13 PM
(13-04-2017 11:44 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  

Here's a bit of trivia for you. The Tsar bomb was probably the cleanest (low fallout) nuclear devices ever detonated. The experts estimate that more than 95% of the yield was derived from fusion. If they had used fissionable material for the tampers it could have increased the yield 200 - 300%, but that probably would have also made it one of if not the dirtiest nuclear detonations ever.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
13-04-2017, 12:16 PM
Would it be inappropriate for me to say I hope they release the video? In the meantime, I'm watching MOAB test fire videos and the scene from Outbreak.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
13-04-2017, 12:55 PM
(13-04-2017 11:49 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't know what to say.

Say nothing. It's self explanatory. The 58 billion surge in defence expenses needs some boost obviously.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
13-04-2017, 02:02 PM
(13-04-2017 11:14 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(13-04-2017 11:12 AM)Dom Wrote:  He's found out that the perfect way to stop all the talk about his blunders is to shoot missiles and drop bombs. Changes the conversation and unifies the country.

But not what his most ardent followers wanted him to do. He caught them by taking an isolationist position.

Personally I think that his possible involvement with Russia makes him dangerous as a caged animal. He has to prove something and that may well lead to him taking incalculable risks.

He's a dangerous fool. Dom's been saying all along, malignant narcissist. That's all that this is about. Like Kim Jong Un he wants to project the image of a strong war leader. He probably couldn't give a fuck if there were innocent people down there. As the article put it "anyone who was there has been vapourised" so they're not complaining.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post