US involvement in Iraq

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2014, 08:48 AM
RE: US involvement in Iraq
(08-08-2014 08:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 08:38 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  For those of you against this, I should inform you that ISIL has been crucifying minorities. They are the KKK of Iraq, and they could very well end up winning this war unless we support the secular and democratic government that we helped the Iraqi people achieve. It is a moral imperative that the West support secularism and democracy in that region.

And what of the Kurds? Anyone with any humanity at all must be supportive of the Kurds. They have suffered genocide at the hands of Saddam Hussein, a genocide that may have completely decimated the Iraqi Kurdish population had we not deposed Hussein. The Kurds must be given the means and support to purge ISIL from their lands and to protect their free and secular society.

Has anyone here heard of the Yazidi? They are devil-worshipping, but peaceful people who could face total ethnic destruction if ISIL is not defeated.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazidi#Pers....28ISIL.29

I agree with you, but it's still another war caused by religious differences...

In such cases supporting secularism is more important than ever.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2014, 08:52 AM
(08-08-2014 08:38 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  For those of you against this, I should inform you that ISIL has been crucifying minorities. They are the KKK of Iraq, and they could very well end up winning this war unless we support the secular and democratic government that we helped the Iraqi people achieve. It is a moral imperative that the West support secularism and democracy in that region.

And what of the Kurds? Anyone with any humanity at all must be supportive of the Kurds. They have suffered genocide at the hands of Saddam Hussein, a genocide that may have completely decimated the Iraqi Kurdish population had we not deposed Hussein. The Kurds must be given the means and support to purge ISIL from their lands and to protect their free and secular society.

Has anyone here heard of the Yazidi? They are devil-worshipping, but peaceful people who could face total ethnic destruction if ISIL is not defeated.

Also, it says they were declared devil worshipers, not that they are, in fact, devil worshipers.

I smell something fishy...

Atir aissom atir imon
08-08-2014, 08:53 AM
Murdering, pillaging, fanatical bastards.

Isis/Isil/Levant/Caliphate have a lot of catching up to do to compete.....Confused

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
08-08-2014, 02:46 PM

Yip, I was watching the news last night and they were talking to some of those trapped on that mountain (or some other people under threat of attack by ISIL).
The lady being interviewed said that ISIL want them to convert but they would rather die than convert to Islam (they were Christian Kurds I believe).

I thought, keep that shit up and you will be killed.

Amazing what religion can do to people when it trumps even the most primal human instinct, survival. I mean yeah those 40,000 people could be killed, but if they all just converted to Islam they wouldn't be, so it's not really a genocide in the sense that they will be killed, it's just they're too religious fanatical to prevent it themselves.

Of course, they shouldn't have to anyway. ISIL are a bunch of cunts and do need to be stomped out so I'm rather glad that the US is sending airstrikes to protect these 40,000 religious fanatics against all those other religious fanatics.

[Image: oscar.png]
08-08-2014, 04:02 PM
(08-08-2014 02:46 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 08:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  I agree with you, but it's still another war caused by religious differences...

Yip, I was watching the news last night and they were talking to some of those trapped on that mountain (or some other people under threat of attack by ISIL).
The lady being interviewed said that ISIL want them to convert but they would rather die than convert to Islam (they were Christian Kurds I believe).

Amazing what religion can do to people when it trumps even the most primal human instinct, survival. I mean yeah those 40,000 people could be killed, but if they all just converted to Islam they wouldn't be, so it's not really a genocide in the sense that they will be killed, it's just they're too religious fanatical to prevent it themselves.

Of course, they shouldn't have to anyway. ISIL are a bunch of cunts and do need to be stomped out so I'm rather glad that the US is sending airstrikes to protect these 40,000 religious fanatics against all those other religious fanatics.

At least the Christians aren't trying to force their religion down the throats of others. At least they aren't trying to convert people by the sword.

Better a peaceful fanatic than a violent fanatic.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

[+] 1 user Likes Res Publica's post
08-08-2014, 04:09 PM
(08-08-2014 04:02 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  At least the Christians aren't trying to force their religion down the throats of others. At least they aren't trying to convert people by the sword.

Laugh out load thanks for the laugh, I needed one.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
08-08-2014, 04:16 PM
(08-08-2014 04:09 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 04:02 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  At least the Christians aren't trying to force their religion down the throats of others. At least they aren't trying to convert people by the sword.

Laugh out load thanks for the laugh, I needed one.

What's so funny?

08-08-2014, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2014 05:56 PM by JDog554.)
(08-08-2014 04:16 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 04:09 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Laugh out load thanks for the laugh, I needed one.

What's so funny?

Christians are always shoving their religion down people's throats. I agree with the fact that they are not as violent as others but they still do it. Though the Bible says to kill non-believers so if people follow the Bible literally, Christians could and maybe even sometimes do murder.

Edit: I know all Christians are not like that, there are some who want peace and are not extreme.

Quote:They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13)

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
08-08-2014, 04:56 PM
I hope the Brits join the US in staging airstrikes against the bastards. In some ways they are responsible for the mess in the region. So they should help out.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
08-08-2014, 05:19 PM
(08-08-2014 04:02 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(08-08-2014 02:46 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yip, I was watching the news last night and they were talking to some of those trapped on that mountain (or some other people under threat of attack by ISIL).

At least the Christians aren't trying to force their religion down the throats of others. At least they aren't trying to convert people by the sword.

Historically all religions have been the perpetrators of many wars.
Human fears respond well to the hype, hope for Heaven, and distorted thinking.
Hitler used Christianity, mass murderer Pol Pot, pushed a form of Buddhism, and it was the god status of Hirohito that inspired the kamakaze suicide pilots.
At the secular level too, some of the war mongers were seen as possessing a kind of godly aura(charisma).