US military bases worldwide

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2017, 05:10 PM
RE: US military bases worldwide
(17-04-2017 03:54 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The word I got in boot camp: "You will be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."

There's a paranoid borderline theocratic regime in power in Poland, thriving on playing the victim card. My answer to the above would be along the lines of don't feed the trolls. The Kaczyński brothers always ment trouble, and one of them dying only made the persecution complex of the surviving twin worse. If anything he's the most imminent danger to peace and stability in Europe.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2017, 05:25 PM
(17-04-2017 05:10 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(17-04-2017 03:54 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The word I got in boot camp: "You will be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."

There's a paranoid borderline theocratic regime in power in Poland, thriving on playing the victim card. My answer to the above would be along the lines of don't feed the trolls. The Kaczyński brothers always ment trouble, and one of them dying only made the persecution complex of the surviving twin worse. If anything he's the most imminent danger to peace and stability in Europe.
I'm not seeing a connection here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-04-2017, 05:27 PM
(17-04-2017 05:25 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I'm not seeing a connection here.

And yet there is, since you replied to the deterrence in Eastern Europe, which is mainly Poland in the case of US military candy.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
17-04-2017, 05:30 PM
(17-04-2017 05:27 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(17-04-2017 05:25 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I'm not seeing a connection here.

And yet there is, since you replied to the deterrence in Eastern Europe, which is mainly Poland in the case of US military candy.
Ah, not where I was going at all. I was talking on the level of people who go to boot camp about that kind of thing. The US military gets damned if they do anything and damned if they do nothing. I've seen protesters outside a gate when we visited a country and people protesting the protesters.
17-04-2017, 05:34 PM
(17-04-2017 04:21 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Does it show a "base" in Australia...

[Image: AustraliaUSAbases.gif]

Pine Gap is the most strategically located joint US-Australian site for the purposes of satellite tracking over SE Asia and the eastern hemisphere.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
17-04-2017, 05:38 PM
(17-04-2017 05:34 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(17-04-2017 04:21 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Does it show a "base" in Australia...

[Image: AustraliaUSAbases.gif]

Pine Gap is the most strategically located joint US-Australian site for the purposes of satellite tracking over SE Asia and the eastern hemisphere.

Good to know Oz is firmly under the heel of American military might. Tongue
18-04-2017, 02:00 AM
Folks,

After a night's sleep I've decided that this thread subject is too heavy for me. It is one thing to take an interest in world politics and another to wade deep into this stuff, particularly in such incendiary times. So, I'm folding.

The spring sunshine is calling, and there is much pottering to do on our allotment.

Best wishes to all.

D.